Australia vs India Discussion

Thank jeebus we have Lyon, because our quicks become very predictable shortly after the new ball starts to fade. Need a few quick wickets now.

I'm enjoying the Paine banter, it's elegant, yet brutal.

Kohli will have to step down as skipper if he can't beat this awful Aussie side this summer. Great player, terrible captain.

Kohli will have to step down as skipper if he can't beat this awful Aussie side this summer. Great player, terrible captain.

Only if he can’t beat this side? Can you explain why you think he’s a terrible captain?

Sacking a captain with 9 losses in 44 games? Taken Tests off England, South Africa and Australia away from home- something no Indian captain could ever do.

Bold.

(42/57 in ODI too.)

Been saying it all series but Paine is just exceptional. I cannot believe he wasn't even his state's keeper 12 months ago. Great keeping, great batting and great captaincy he is perfect for this situation and the next 12 months too.

but but Wade has more runs- Wade couldn't do what Paine is doing and anyone that thinks he could is off their head.

It's a shame that Paine isn't 5 years younger. Realistically probably only has 1-2 good years left before he falls off a cliff. Happy for him to remain captain once SS returns though, I think he's doing a great job.

Edit: The one thing his body has going for him is that he really hasn't played much cricket at all, so his knees, back and other things that generally go with keepers in the mid 30's should actually be fine.

Last edited:
Only if he can’t beat this side? Can you explain why you think he’s a terrible captain?
The Aussies have the weakest top 7 in my living memory and three quicks who are still striving for potential and certainly will be more lethal when they hit their prime. Plus his behavior on the field is bordering on psychotic. It must be a huge distraction to his teammates. Anything less than a series victory is a major black spot on his captaincy IMO.

The Aussies have the weakest top 7 in my living memory and three quicks who are still striving for potential and certainly will be more lethal when they hit their prime. Plus his behavior on the field is bordering on psychotic. It must be a huge distraction to his teammates. Anything less than a series victory is a major black spot on his captaincy IMO.

Losing in Australia isn't a black spot on anyone's captaincy really, it's pretty hard to win here for the sub-continent teams, much like it's hard for us to win over there. Even if we do have a weakened side, it's a side that plays in these conditions 9-10 months a year.

Our PM's XI / Australia A side usually beat the touring sides in the warm-up match, that's not an anomaly, that's being suited to the conditions. I'm sure the 2nd and maybe even 3rd string Indian side would give us a run for our money in India.

Top Australian keeper batting averages min 10 Tests.

Gilchrist 47.61
Paine 36.92
Haddin 32.99
Phillips 29.12
Wade 28.58
Healy 27.40
Marsh 26.52
Carter 22.97
Oldfield 22.65
Nevill 22.29
Zoehrer 20.50

Starc 196 wickets
Thomson 200
MacGill 208
Hughes 212
Siddle 214
Grimmett 216

With five Tests left in summer Starc could be up there by the end.

With five Tests left in summer Starc could be up there by the end.

Only 4, 2 more against India, 2 against Sri Lanka.

Unless there's another 1-off I've forgotten.

how the **** does Mitch Marsh get back in the team

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • johnny plath
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Behold
  • phoenix
  • kiwibronco
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.