Australia vs India Discussion

It's funny because MCG is pretty much the equivalent of Suncorp Stadium. Only with Suncorp, big crowds = good, shit field = who cares.

Finch isn’t a Test batsman’s arsehole. Joe Burns or Matt Renshaw should surely be in the frame for a recall soon.

If there was ever a pitch to suite Khawaja its this one. Come on son a big 100 please

I found some footage of our opposition talking about us :P

can we please now move on from both Marsh brothers ... they offer SFA

Last edited:
This team is just mentally soft.

Came out with a defeated attitude and here’s the results.

Yeah it’s ridiculous some of these selections. I would be all for giving Burns a go next test

Guys being given too many chances but you want a guy who has had five chances?

It's the pitch
It's the pitch
Anyone can get 200 on this pitch

Oh wait you still need to bat well.

Yesterday was Kohli's second longest to get to 50. It was never easy and the fact they scored so slowly and had to bat for so long showed it wasn't easy. I said after day one it's not a road- it's slow which is hard to bat on.

NZ would white wash us anywhere in the world at the moment. They have a fantastic top 7, every one of them better than any of our batsman with the possible exception of Usman. We need them to do us a favour and dominate us at home so we get some changes.

It's the pitch
It's the pitch
Anyone can get 200 on this pitch

Oh wait you still need to bat well.

Yesterday was Kohli's second longest to get to 50. It was never easy and the fact they scored so slowly and had to bat for so long showed it wasn't easy. I said after day one it's not a road- it's slow which is hard to bat on.

Not excusing our batting in the slightest, they've been beyond horrid, but this pitch is playing completely differently to what it did on day one.

How many chances does Finch get? is he the 3rd Marsh brother?

Head doesn't inspire confidence either. I've always thought he's a less talented version of Maxwell, not sure why he's so hyped and rated by selectors. He scored a few decent 50s, but he doesn't go on with it and always finds a way to get out: it mirrors his shield performances. He's not going to win or save games often. Inb4 his shield final performance is mentioned, he has like 7 FC with 35 50's. He averages 36 compared to Maxwell's 41, and his bowling is about 20-30 runs worse average wise to Maxwell's.

Harris looks good, but finds a way to get out when he's set. Maxwell and Renshaw (despite his shield form, he's a long term opener for us and needs to play against SL) in for Sydney, maybe hand Pucovski a one off test cap and see what he can do.

Last edited:
You’d stick with Finch ?

This team craves stability. We have had too many opening partnerships. What are we up to now 18 since Langer retired?

It’s been a hard series for openers. 26 is the biggest opening stand.

Dropping Finch and parachuting in Burns for one Test won’t achieve much.

Get rid of the entire batting line-up tbh, nobody is performing well enough. Let's just throw in a bunch of misfits and see what happens.

1. Joe Burns
2. Matthew Renshaw
3. Kurtis Patterson
4. Jordan Silk (c)
5. Matthew Short
6. Tom Cooper
7. Matthew Wade (wk)

That's an Ashes winning batting line-up if I've ever seen one.

This team craves stability. We have had too many opening partnerships. What are we up to now 18 since Langer retired?

It’s been a hard series for openers. 26 is the biggest opening stand.

Dropping Finch and parachuting in Burns for one Test won’t achieve much.

The opening partnership will be different the second Warner is off his ban anyway. JL will probably get Bancroft straight back in somehow too; just listen to the way JL goes on about Bancroft.

Get rid of the entire batting line-up tbh, nobody is performing well enough. Let's just throw in a bunch of misfits and see what happens.

1. Joe Burns
2. Matthew Renshaw
3. Kurtis Patterson
4. Jordan Silk (c)
5. Matthew Short
6. Tom Cooper
7. Matthew Wade (wk)

That's an Ashes winning batting line-up if I've ever seen one.

1. Renshaw
2. Warner (Puvoski if you want a lineup without Warner)
3. Burns
4. Smith (Patterson if you want a lineup without Smith)
5. Maxwell
6. Wade
7. Carey

There's an alternate top 7 consisting of no current test players that looks infinitely better than the shit we're subjected to atm.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • davidp
  • RodF
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.