Ben Elias ... too far?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
"Up there, they’ve won five series in a row; they’ve got Mal (Meninga) as a super coach; (Darren) Lockyer’s finale. They’re just going to go through the motions.

"I don’t even know why we are even going to put our boots on and go there and take them on.

"They are so cocky, they are so confident. They believe they are bullet proof. I can assure you there is something coming up there.

"They are going to make these floods back in Queensland ... look like an absolute mimic when it comes to us coming up there because we’re going to create a massive storm. Go the Blues."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...n-absolute-mimic/story-fn31yxah-1226059248361

Now I'm all for getting behind your team and starting some banter to gee up the boys, but I think he may have overstepped the line on this one. He does know people died in the floods, right?

That aside, IMO a team in the position of NSW should be approaching this series without talking themselves up. They need humility, they need to keep their heads down and graft hard. Let the footy do the talking.

And Shaun to save you the bother:
"Hurr durr! Queensland rednecks thin skinned Steve Price can't fight lolz herpy derp!"

I think he's a fucking douche, but I'm not overly concerned with the comments he's made. But you're right. The lot of them need to shut the **** up. They have absolutely NOTHING to talk up about themselves.

And of course we're cocky and confident. We've won the last 5 years in a row, and we have yet again picked a better team than NSW.

coming from the dude who taunted some guy on the field (whos daughter died from electric shock) by simulating being electrocuted. this is chump change for elias. the piece of shit.

The Rock said:
If anything, QLD should be THANKING New South Wales and should just let us win a origin series to say thank you for all the work we've put into the QLD floods recovery porgrams.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. One of your best!

i dont see a problem with it really. hes just trying to get some passion and desire back in the origin from nsw's point of view. if hes gotta say shit like that to do it, then good on him for trying

QUEENSLANDER said:
i dont see a problem with it really. hes just trying to get some passion and desire back in the origin from nsw's point of view. if hes gotta say shit like that to do it, then good on him for trying

I agree to an extent, but not only is he going the wrong way about firing up his state (IMO), it really was in bad taste. You can still shit stir without making reference to a tragedy ffs.

I have no problems with it tbh.

coming from the dude who taunted some guy on the field (whos daughter died from electric shock) by simulating being electrocuted. this is chump change for elias. the piece of shit.

I have way more of a problem with that actually. If I was that player I'd have waited till the game was over and kicked the shit out of him.

Just as bad as Johns' little outburst last year.

Who cares what he said? As soon as I read something that starts "Ben Elias says..." I just tune out anyway

+1

And I remember that Steve Walters was a better player than him.

The Rock said:
Lolz precious little ****.

Elias is a loose Cannon but I can't believe that has worked up so many Queenslanders. Sure it was a bit out of taste but it was also taken out of context.

If you say something wrong the first excuse is, it was taken out of context.

Some people are worked up, because 20 people died & it was a stupid to 'compare' the two.

Nothing wrong with that quote. It might not be to everyone's taste but he obviously isn't trying to insult or take the piss out of anyone.

This is one of those things where it's absolutely no worse than 100 other things that get said all the time, but is a bit closer to home, so people start acting all precious and start to take offense even though they have probably said stuff just like it before.

I just wish Andrew Symonds had actually punched on with him in the origin legends match

Fozz said:
+1

And I remember that Steve Walters was a better player than him.
hurry up, I have a test match to get to Benny [icon_lol1. icon_thumbs_u

Wasn't the Origin legends game for some other charity?

Our dumb arse government will go next year. And maybe the flood money will be distributed.

It's been a shamozzle.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lostboy
  • teampjta
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • Wendall Taylor
  • heartly87
  • Browny
  • Maddy
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • BRC088
  • Galah
  • eggstar10
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.