Mar 12, 2008
Go back and watch his last game.

That's Corey Parker to a tee.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Are we talking about the same Corey Parker?

I love Parker as much as every other Broncos fan, but [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] is right.

After conceding a try the worst possible thing we could do is kick the ball dead on the full from the kick off, and I can think of at least 3 or 4 occasions when this happened. And it does stem from trying too hard, in this instance he is trying to get a deep kickoff to make it harder for the opposition to get out of their own end, the problem is he misjudges it and ends up giving them a piggy back penalty from half way.

While on Parker.... we need to have guys in a position to take advantage of his off loads ... too many times he got off an offload only to have someone take it who is standing still and not able to take advantage of it. Whether it was coaching or laziness, I'm not sure

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I was a fan of making McCullough captain but I now agree with Mr Fourex on it being a fool's errand. His form was very hot and cold this year and throwing him the captaincy as an incentive to play better will most likely produce the same result as throwing Kennedy a starting spot did despite sub-par performances from the bench earlier this year.

The guy is not a consistent performer, even after 8 years in the NRL and playing under several different coaches and different halves. He is the Shane Watson of the Brisbane Broncos - occasional flashes of brilliance and the odd great game here and there...but nowhere near enough though to justify the time, resources and effort that has been put into him.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Ok so the Macca talk seems to have died down so onto the next controversial player.

1412738538.png

My 2c: I voted for the discount and not in the spine, which I maintain I'd still be happy with as he'd be a good winger for ~350k who makes for a great back up fullback to Milford. Unfortunately, we all know if he signs that it won't be Milford in the 1.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would be happy to sign him on the wing for 350-400k.

I actually think it would benefit Boyd to go to a club where he has to fight for his position and perform in order to keep it, unfortunately that club isn't the Broncos

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I would be happy to sign him on the wing for 350-400k.

I actually think it would benefit Boyd to go to a club where he has to fight for his position and perform in order to keep it, unfortunately that club isn't the Broncos

Agreed. The Broncos have not had a culture like that for years, if ever. The only players from memory who were dropped on form recently were Maranta, Kennedy and Hannant. As if they were the only weak links in the team the past three years. Plenty more could and should (if Griffin were any sort of a coach) have had a spell in the ISC.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Okay, so I got lazy with these. Who would have predicted that!? Anyway, because I think this result is far more interesting that I ever thought it would be:

What position should Anthony Milford play in 2015?

35 responses in total, which means 80% of BHQ were in favour of Milford playing fullback!

1415342318.png

Just 6 people voted five-eight and 1 for halfback.
[MENTION=2115]Anonymous person[/MENTION] Go nuts!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would have loved to see the results had Wayne Bennett said Milford was definitely the starting 5/8, before the poll happened. I'm pretty confident in saying that it would have been reversed

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Not me
I still see his height as a disadvantage at the back which would be targeted more and more with the intention of eroding his confidence in the same it has Barba's.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I would have loved to see the results had Wayne Bennett said Milford was definitely the starting 5/8, before the poll happened. I'm pretty confident in saying that it would have been reversed

I would have loved to have seen what Anthony Milford would have voted for though.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I would have loved to have seen what Anthony Milford would have voted for though.

Me too. Because I've yet to see anything that states his preference. Only comments made after he signed with us saying that he is looking forward to the challenge.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
But right from the start he was targeted by us to be a 6. Remember we had barba that we assumed would dominate at fullback for years to come. Milford was always coming to the Broncos to be a five eight so this has absolutely nothing to do with Bennett

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
But right from the start he was targeted by us to be a 6. Remember we had barba that we assumed would dominate at fullback for years to come. Milford was always coming to the Broncos to be a five eight so this has absolutely nothing to do with Bennett

But when you take Barba out of the equation then you have the option of changing. If WB wanted to play Milford at fullback and chased a five eight he could have. Nothing was stopping him.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Also this poll was done when we all knew Milford was signed. Nothing about where we signed Milford to play has changed between the time I opened up the poll and now.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Me too. Because I've yet to see anything that states his preference. Only comments made after he signed with us saying that he is looking forward to the challenge.

ANTHONY Milford wants to follow the same career path of his childhood idol Darren Lockyer and eventually settle in the halves once he is big enough to handle the defensive workload in the front line.

In a statement which is certain to put minds at ease among the Brisbane faithful who were concerned the club had signed yet another fullback for 2015, Milford confirmed his long term ambition as a playmaker.

With Ben Barba already at the Broncos and Milford moving north in 2015 there had been question marks about how both would fit in the same team, especially after the teenager stated he wanted to cement the No.1 jersey in his final year at Canberra this season.

But the 19-year-old reigning Raiders player of the year said playing fullback was a tactic to protect his young and developing body until he was confident it could handle the rigours headed his way as a defensive target.

"At the moment I'm liking fullback, but probably further down the track I'd like to end up in the halves," Milford told the Courier Mail.

"I like it at the back and it's kind of saving my body instead of being in the front line.

"Especially being a half the halves always get targeted a lot so I guess further on as I get bigger I'd love to go there."

Brisbane bound Anthony Milford eyes halves move in season 2015

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Is Anthony Milford serious? How dare he aspire to be a Five-Eighth like Lockyer, he'll play Fullback to accommodate for Ben Barba, our one true saviour!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
But the 19-year-old reigning Raiders player of the year said playing fullback was a tactic to protect his young and developing body until he was confident it could handle the rigours headed his way as a defensive target.

"At the moment I'm liking fullback, but probably further down the track I'd like to end up in the halves," Milford told the Courier Mail.

"I like it at the back and it's kind of saving my body instead of being in the front line.

"Especially being a half the halves always get targeted a lot so I guess further on as I get bigger I'd love to go there."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e-in-season-2015/story-fniabm4i-1226804945560

That helps crystallize things a bit, especially as I'd read some comments that implied he preferred fullback now.

Wonder how soon he was wanting to move?

Regardless, I still feel he's better suited to fullback, but hopefully he owns it at five eight.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
So you would assume "further down the track" doesn't mean "in 6 months".

like some of us have been saying, he should keep playing at fullback to develop his playmaking and defensive skills before transitioning to the halves if thats where it looks like he should be. worked out pretty well for a certain other fullback come five-eighth we had.

Those quotes even indicate that that is how he would like to proceed.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.