BHQ Poll Results - Broncos

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I asked a couple of WB and Boyd related questions amongst the survey. At the time they felt more token than anything but given all the talk about both lately it's probably time to reveal how people voted.

Well, almost time anyway. Results coming soon!

Question 1 asked y'all to describe your feelings about WB coming to the club. Here's how the 35 of you responded.

1411827615.png

The Verdict: Clearly we didn't want Griffin around any more, but most would have preferred someone other than WB to take over. However, given a straight up choice between the two, we'll take WB.

My 2c: I voted with the majority here. If WB had his success with another club I don't know if we'd be as excited to have him back. Some of the things he did in our past were very daring and exciting, like having the balls to debut Khunt as a 17 year old. However, his last few years with us were not that successful and some of his decisions were highly objectionable.

Still, he won't force Milford to gain 10kg, so that's a plus.

So with WB stripping co-captains this one becomes a bit more interesting. Hodges and Parker weren't options though.

Who should be the next long-term/permanent captain of the Broncos? (Answer cannot be Hodges or Parker)

34 votes for this one (2 people fence sat with lame other options which don't count). People probably weren't expecting the new captain to be named so soon.

814800-ben-hunt.jpg

Ben Hunt (14 votes)

Other Votes
Andrew McCullough - 11
Alex Glenn - 4
Oates, McGuire, Gillett, Thaiday - 1

The Verdict: Hunt and McCullough the 2 stand outs, with former incumbent Thaiday lacking in favouritism. Previous captain in waiting Alex Glenn has also been relatively unpopular.

My 2c: Can't believe people want to give Andrew McCullough something that would help keep him in the team. I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon and actually voted McGuire because I think he'll be a much more mature player in 2 years time, which is when I thought the change might happen.

But really, please god not McCullough.

Yeah, McCullough and Glenn would need to improve quite a bit if they want captaincy.

Hunt has the heart and the talent, but he still needs to really work on a number of things too, so there's no point rushing him either.

I can't even remember who I voted for.

It would have either been between Alex Glenn or Andrew McCullough, neither of whom I believe deserve the gig at this stage.

I probably played it safe and went the former.

That was a surprising result as I thought the general consensus here was that Macca should be dropped, so this is a stark contrast to that.

I may be a victim of listening to the loud minority.

The anti-McCullough sentiment is a minority, however a very loud and vocal (if you can have that on an internet forum) minority.

Good thing there was a question about McCullough in the poll!

I'd say it's fairly even, if not slanting towards an anti-Macca sentiment these days.

There's always been a question too on the influence he's having on others as members try and draw conclusions on why we're not the team we once were.

The anti-McCullough sentiment is a minority, however a very loud and vocal (if you can have that on an internet forum) minority.

If you add up all NRL fans, youd find only half the Broncos and his mum actually rate him. Either way, his mediocrity is slowly making even them see the truth.

What is your opinion of Andrew McCullough as our hooker?

The options were:

A) He’s the best. He’s going to be the Broncos, Maroons and Kangaroos hooker for the next 10 years.
B) He’s an excellent hooker. Not the best in the game but he’s still a great player and is definitely our best long-term option.
C) He’s average. I wouldn’t be against us exploring a better option but I’m also okay with him being around for the long term.
D) He’s below average, we need to find a better hooker in the next couple of years.
E) He's absolutely awful. I'd rather see David Stagg as our starting hooker.

There's at least 17 people who think he's an excellent hooker or better, and 17 who think he is average or worse. There were 35 votes in total, so assuming that calling him average is in the anti-McCullough camp (not strictly fair, but not an endorsement either) then the McCullough majority has a margin of 1. Which way does BHQ lean though?

I'll post up the graph a bit later...

Andrew+McCullough+v0KP6I5iFV6m.jpg

"So do you like me or not?"

Last edited:
I think I voted C. He's average alright, but I see him as a low priority problem.

I was probably C too. He's not one of the top hookers but he gets through a ton of work.

I was C too from memory ... I know for a fact i wasn't A or B.

I went C.

This was one of those options that felt like...

Where I'm probably at a 3

If Boyd and Milford come in next year and perform to their potential, McCullough will clearly be the biggest weak point of our team, imo.. Unless he somehow improves his service out of dummy half 10fold in the off-season.

If Boyd and Milford come in next year and perform to their potential, McCullough will clearly be the biggest weak point of our team, imo.. Unless he somehow improves his service out of dummy half 10fold in the off-season.
Unless Boyd comes to us with his baggage still in tow, then he could easily be a massive let down.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.