COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Well that didn't last long.

Nice kick.

Islam just wiped him pretty easily, kind of a let down but both dudes are respectful and humble so it was a good clean fight. Volk will be back, he's always had a great attitude and is a champ at heart.

Moving weight classes is no joke. I think in mma fighters can only pick one weight class to be effective in. Featherweight is where volk should stay.

As much as people will say its an excuse, taking on an elite opponent coming off the back of an injury and at 11 days notice is a massive risk and probably a mistake. As good as he is, and i still think he can beat Islam, the short prep just left him so underdone.

At the same time though, as we saw with Usman vs Edwards, it only takes one shot to take out even a very well prepared fighter, and Usman hasnt really looked the same since either.

As much as people will say its an excuse, taking on an elite opponent coming off the back of an injury and at 11 days notice is a massive risk and probably a mistake. As good as he is, and i still think he can beat Islam, the short prep just left him so underdone.

At the same time though, as we saw with Usman vs Edwards, it only takes one shot to take out even a very well prepared fighter, and Usman hasnt really looked the same since either.
It was completely stacked against Volk from the get go. Its very clear to see he only done it for the money. I mean he had 11 days to shed like 12kgs whilst doing a training camp. He wasn't even in training to begin with, he was on holidays when he got offered the fight. Dana had to really pump some big cash into him to agree to the fight or the card would have fell over. Its sad but because they will use this against him now if he wants a rematch with a proper fight camp and time to train.

anyone watch fury v ngannou? some talk of a robbery

anyone watch fury v ngannou? some talk of a robbery

Nahh. I think Fury won a lot more easily than the cards are suggesting. He controlled most of the fight but Ngannou did have some big moments. Fury tbf i think really underestimated him a lot and was a bit sloppy.

Nahh. I think Fury won a lot more easily than the cards are suggesting. He controlled most of the fight but Ngannou did have some big moments. Fury tbf i think really underestimated him a lot and was a bit sloppy.
I think it was extremely close. Francis clearly won 3-4 rounds, plus the 10-8 in Rd3. I thought he was going to get the decision.

Would love to see Francis take on Wilder if Wilder/Joshua doesn't happen.

The talk in the ring after the fight makes me doubt Fury takes on Usyk. Could even retire.

Other than Fury being knocked down in the 3rd........he did enough to win it.

Just.

No robbery........fair and square.

I think it was extremely close. Francis clearly won 3-4 rounds, plus the 10-8 in Rd3. I thought he was going to get the decision.

Would love to see Francis take on Wilder if Wilder/Joshua doesn't happen.

The talk in the ring after the fight makes me doubt Fury takes on Usyk. Could even retire.
Fury controlled that fight mostly, he just didnt dominate it. I just think he expected to be able to handle him easily and it didnt happen.

Cant see him retiring, and i think he will fight Usyk but i dont see it happening on December 23. That seems a very short prep for a fight of that magnitude.

Other than Fury being knocked down in the 3rd........he did enough to win it.

Just.

No robbery........fair and square.

I think if he really needed to he had gears he could have gone up if necessary. I honestly think Fury ws there to put on a show but Francis turned it into a bit of a war. Dont think Tyson was ready for his power. Tbf, he never looked in much trouble from the knock down, more just surprised.

Yeah Fury won pretty comfortably. Francis probably shocked him a bit in those early rounds and he just used his experience to grind out a comfortable win - both fighters barely doing anything in the late rounds but Fury smart enough to look busy. If Francis had a dig in the last 2 rounds it could’ve swung it but he seemed like he had decided that going the distance was a victory regardless of outcome.wasn’t interested in chancing his arm at all late in the fight.

I’m only seeing the knockdown from Francis as the only highlight being shown by all media outlets. Easy for casuals like myself to say it was a robbery.

I’m only seeing the knockdown from Francis as the only highlight being shown by all media outlets. Easy for casuals like myself to say it was a robbery.
Few non casuals saying it was a bit of a robbery too though is the problem

Unless you watch it in full, you can't call it a robbery, that's just common sense.

It was close , but no robbery .
Split decision . Could have gone either way . 2 judges to one for Fury .

Few non casuals saying it was a bit of a robbery too though is the problem

Those non-causals would have to have something against Fury and be very pro MMA to say it was a robbery.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Dazza 92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.