Boyd - I'm trying too hard

It's rather depressing just how much Boyd has gone backwards over the past couple of years.

Just a few years ago he was the form fullback of the comp.

Seems as soon as we moved to the ISC jerseys from the Nike jerseys all the players went backwards

Last edited:
Speaking of agendas....

Sports Confidential: Is James Roberts on outer at Brisbane?

Paul Kent, The Daily Telegraph
April 25, 2019 4:11pm

Close eyes are being kept on James Roberts’ situation at Brisbane. Word is the relationship between Roberts and coach Anthony Seibold is less than ideal. Roberts does not share the same relationship with Seibold as he did with the previous coach Wayne Bennett and Roberts’ recent drunken episode is another black mark as far as Seibold is concerned.

This all dovetails into Bennett’s move to South Sydney over the summer and Greg Inglis’s shock retirement less than a fortnight ago. Asked if there was any movement to replace Inglis, Bennett replied: “Very quiet.” Asked if he was looking, he said: “Not too hard.”

Last edited:
Again.

How many times does it need to happen before he gets a tap on the shoulder.

So fucking bad.

Last edited:
He's definitely trolling everyone at this stage.

He’s just simply too slow, a bit shame to finish 300 game like this tbh.

Didn’t like the way Jimmy play, I think he should literally go to south, Staggs is a better option.

I'd rather see him try too hard and collide with a player than wait and give a saloon passage.

Cat. Afraid of putting his body on the line.

Well and truly fed up with this ****. Souffs first two tries were completely on him. Appropriate that he marks his 300th game with the worst performance of any fullback all year.

Just out of curiousity, you blokes watched TPJ get in his way for the first two tries right?

Well and truly fed up with this ****. Souffs first two tries were completely on him. Appropriate that he marks his 300th game with the worst performance of any fullback all year.
That weren't, you're wrong.

Just out of curiousity, you blokes watched TPJ get in his way for the first two tries right?

I'm willing to excuse the first one as a fluke\freak of nature. But the second one, nope. Any fullback worth their salt would have attacked that ball.

TPJ was shepherding him for the first one, Boyd should have taken that ball with urgency.

The guy should have hung up the boots after last year.

You can put some of the blame on other players in every single try, but there's one constant in all of them, and that's Boyd. Surely he's trolling everyone now? Yeah, TPJ was bad there, but Boyd didn't get it. Yeah, Ofa missed a tackle back then, but Boyd fell over. Same thing with Milford missing a tackle, Boyd just put his hands up. Same thing with someone dropping the ball before, Boyd just fell over. Boyd is always a part of it.

Last edited:
Man, watching that 2016 video and comparing how he plays now. How depressing. He needs the tap on the shoulder like Sammy got.

I watched boyd hesitate instead of attacking the ball like any decent fullback does. Shepherding a ball entices the fullback to attack it, not wait for it to roll into his arms. Its basic urgency.

Worst captain in the club's history who could lead us to our worst ever season.

Firstly, I want to say I have been a member of the ‘bash Boyd club’ for a good 18 months or so, I have never denied that.

But I would also be lying if I didn’t say that I feel like he’s had moments lately where he has been better.

For example; I saw him diffuse a play last night where it looked certain Souths would score, he managed to shut down the play where 2 players were coming at him. It was perfect fullback play and was great to see he still has it in him.

But I genuinely feel that’s the exception now, not the rule.

So an honest question:

Has it got so bad that we are no longer measuring him on how good he is, but rather, how shit he isn’t?

Last edited:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • blacknwhite
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncsNBundy
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.