Boyd - I'm trying too hard

I’ve been pretty critical of Boyd on here lately but even I think it’s a bit premature to carry on about a couple words without context that were purposely picked by the twitter account author with the sole intent to gain attention.

Let’s wait until the whole piece is released before grabbing our pitch forks, folks.
Wheres the fun in that? I'm eating for the next week based off these catches, regardless of whether it's in or out of context.

I’ve been pretty critical of Boyd on here lately but even I think it’s a bit premature to carry on about a couple words without context that were purposely picked by the twitter account author with the sole intent to gain attention.

Let’s wait until the whole piece is released before grabbing our pitch forks, folks.
The voice of reason and common sense. Stop that, that sort of behaviour is not tolerated here. :-)

I personally don’t hate any particular player from the club, I only judge them from a fan’s perspective, I love this sport and our club but the boys ruined five of my weekends already this season alone, so I judge them by the roles they play in the team.

Boyd, full back, one of our spine, 800k, captain, team’s leader group, he has to be blamed by these important roles he’s playing.

Milford, half, leader of our spine, 1 mil, the most important player in the club, he has to be blamed too.

I barely say anything about Kodi, you got what you pay for, I don’t care what role or what expectations people have on him, but he’s behaved compared to his pay.

Yeah but that is how it read. There is no need for us to get over it. He is playing well below standard and we are criticising him for it. I have respect for what Boyd has achieved throughout his career, he turned out to be a far better player than I thought he was going to be.

The fact still stands however that he is setting a poor example for his young and impressionable team mates to follow.

Call me a clown all you like but it won't stop me from commenting on his deficiencies as a player and leader.

That's fine , it's just a broken record atm. And some posters are just downright hating on him.

This tweet is refusing to load....

Not sure why.

If you click on it, it should take you to the video. It's basically a compilation of some of Boyd's efforts in defence this season. Unfortunatley, no Benny Hill music.

Boyds been a mixed bag. He does some good things. He does some bad things.

He is in no way what he used to be but neither is our team. Boyd should take the blame for how we're traveling so far this season but so should the entire team. We, as a collective do some good things during matches but we mostly do bad things during matches.

Boyd must improve but so does the entire team.

Last edited:
I think he means it in the way that he's trying too hard and ends up passing the ball over the touch line or defending in the front line and moving forward to make a tackle instead of being back where a fullback used to defend. I'm sure his metres covered are huge. It's all about context really and we have none, therefore how can any of us even come up with the reasoning behind the statement.

That's the problem mate. He's played at the highest level and done well. We should be expecting a bit more than he is showing at the moment. He needs to lead by example and use his experience as a former Australian and Queenland rep to show the young fellas what it takes.

I agree

No, seriously you need to get off your high horse. Boyd's going okay lately and the teams close to clicking. You are blinded by hate and convinced you know it all. You cannot see anything good and are entirely focussed on any tiny imperfection or mistake without looking at the overall picture. You're a bad judge because you're biased.

Biased?! I’ve got the entire season as evidence he’s shitting the bed. Him waving his arms and lack of effort is not a perceived bias, it’s plain as day

Boyd tried so hard and got so far but in the end, it doesn’t even matter.

No I'm not kidding, don't care if he isn't. Like I said, I'm not saying he is my pick for captain or our fullback , what I'm saying is he deserves some respect. Have you ever played for Queensland or Australia??

He lost my respect when he got stepped by a front rower

Biased?! I’ve got the entire season as evidence he’s shitting the bed. Him waving his arms and lack of effort is not a perceived bias, it’s plain as day
Only plain as day to a one eyed critic. So what if he waves his arms? Robbie Farrah does it 15 times a game. He's not lacking in effort. Some efforts are ineffectual but he's busting a gut and putting up with knownothings who think they know better than the people paid to hire and coach players.
You're one of them. A keyboard expert.

Only plain as day to a one eyed critic. So what if he waves his arms? Robbie Farrah does it 15 times a game. He's not lacking in effort. Some efforts are ineffectual but he's busting a gut and putting up with knownothings who think they know better than the people paid to hire and coach players.
You're one of them. A keyboard expert.
Isn’t every single person on this board a keyboard expert? That’s kind of the idea of it all or we wouldn’t bother discussing anything.

He's pissing on the club and calling it rain.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Ozired
  • Johnny92
  • thenry
  • Organix
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.