Brisbane Broncos 2015 Predictions

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Changed the rep question to be more specific.

Initially, it didn't roll off the tongue nice enough.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season?
Ben Hunt

Top Try Scorer?
Copley

Rookie?
Parcell

Captain?
Parker

Who Will They Sign?
No one in particular, unless a forward comes on the market (more specifically a front rower), otherwise if Hodges retires (which looks unlikely), then Gagai.

Who Will They Lose?
No one from the top 25

Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise?
Garbutt. Gavet won't be much of a surprise as we've seen the sort of energy and aggression he brings. Griffin might be another to keep an eye on if given the chance.

Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment?
Blair

Best Forward?
Parker

Best Back?
Hunt

Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here?
Blair

Who will be the best buy?
Milford

Who will be the worst?
I'm reluctant to say Waddell as I don't think we'll see much of him in first grade, so it's hard to judge whether he'll be good or bad, but on that alone, he's probably just another dud depth signing.

Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut?
Copley's a good chance. I think McGuire needs to be selected for QLD, so hopefully he is.

Who will be dropped from rep footy?
Glenn. I think Glenn looks the most likely to be dropped from rep footy out of all the other rep players in the team.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? McCullough
Top Try Scorer? Copley
Rookie? Joe'O
Captain? Hodges
Who Will They Sign? The'll re-sign Kahu
Who Will They Lose? Stagg, Lowrie, two young forwards & one or two young halves.
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? McCullough
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Thaiday
Best Forward? Parker
Best Back? Milford
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Reed
Who will be the best buy? Milford
Who will be the worst? Garbutt, Kennedy MkII
Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? Copley
Who will be dropped from rep footy? Thaiday

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? McCullough
Top Try Scorer? Copley
Rookie? Joe'O
Captain? Hodges
Who Will They Sign? The'll re-sign Kahu
Who Will They Lose? Stagg, Lowrie, two young forwards & one or two young halves.
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? McCullough
Best Forward? Parker
Best Back? Milford
Who will be the best buy? Milford
Who will be the worst? Garbutt, Kennedy MkII

Garbutt is definitely not a Kennedy Mk2.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
I also think that garbutt isn't going to get much game time, I have a feeling garbutt will spend more time in isc rather than the nrl. I could well be wrong but he is down the list as far as being in line for a position in the front row.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The signings of Blair & Gavet didn't seem like a vote of confidence from Bennett now did it?

I think he's a different sort of player than Kennedy but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the same way.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
The signings of Blair & Gavet didn't seem like a vote of confidence from Bennett now did it?

I think he's a different sort of player than Kennedy but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the same way.

i think you are dead on the money bp, doesn't seem like a huge vote of confidence and to be honest melbourne didn't really put up much of a fight to keep him. Glasby was the preferred option but he ended up at the Cows.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Melbourne ended up holding onto Glasby once the Cowboys were able to land the signing of Hannant.

I know Bennett had to replace both Hannant & Kennedy, but the previous admin had already accounted for Hannant leaving only Kennedy. The signing of two prop forwards instead of just one is what tips me off.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Melbourne ended up holding onto Glasby once the Cowboys were able to land the signing of Hannant.

I know Bennett had to replace both Hannant & Kennedy, but the previous admin had already accounted for Hannant leaving only Kennedy. The signing of two prop forwards instead of just one is what tips me off.

ahh i'm with ya now, i didn't know that the storm kept glasby.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Wasn't Bennett signing an extra prop so he could have an experienced first grader and leader partnering McGuire and to allow Parker and Thaiday to play in their preferred positions?

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Which explains why he punted Kennedy.

But if he was confident in Garbutt, he wouldn't have signed two props - Blair would have been enough.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013

But if he was confident in Garbutt, he wouldn't have signed two props - Blair would have been enough.

I agree but are we so sure that Garbutt is going to be a conventional prop? I thought he was but apparently Garbutt has a bit of speed and some ball skills. Maybe his best role would be as a wide runner. Just a thought.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I agree but are we so sure that Garbutt is going to be a conventional prop? I thought he was but apparently Garbutt has a bit of speed and some ball skills. Maybe his best role would be as a wide runner. Just a thought.

Similar to Fifita I think.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013

I don't think its a matter of confidence in Garbutt, more so a necessity of having more props in the team. In my opinion all Bennett did was address an area of concern. Our go forward, or lack of, aswell as the size of our forward pack had been an issue when coming up against bigger and better teams.

By signing Blair and Gavet, it just completed our rotation. Without them both (or with Blair only) our rotation would probably be McGuire, Parker, Garbutt and Blair (or a NYC rookie if we didn't sign Blair) rather than the likely possible rotation of McGuire, Blair, Garbutt and Gavet.

In my opinion a prop rotation containing McGuire, Blair, Garbutt and Gavet looks far more appealing. Plus its better for the balance of the team, allowing Parker to play at lock again and Thaiday as a fringe runner.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? McCullough - I reckon Bennett will get the best out of him
Top Try Scorer? Kahu -
Rookie? I really don't know TBH - I'm gonna Joffa
Captain? Hodges
Who Will They Sign? Gagai
Who Will They Lose? Glenn
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? McCullough - As above I think he will have a fantastic year, and since he gets written off so much on here that should be a surpise
Best Forward? Parker
Best Back? Milford
Who will be the best buy? Blair
Who will be the worst? Waddell, although he is just depth so outside of him I don't think Garbutt will present value for money

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? - Ben Hunt
Top Try Scorer? - Jack Reed
Rookie? - Don't think there will be a consistent one to give rookie of the year to but if Parcells gets a run he will get it
Captain?- Justin Hodges
Who Will They Sign? - Trent Merrin, Dane Gagai
Who Will They Lose? - Hodges (Retirement), Glenn (Warriors), Josh McGuire (cant see Bennett forking out the dollars)
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? - James Gavet & I reckon Oates will have a breakout season
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? - Garbutt
Best Forward? - Matt Gillett (Bennett will bring him to another level)
Best Back? - Ben Hunt
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? - Adam Blair (like he was at the tigers)
Who will be the best buy? - Anthony Milford
Who will be the worst? - Travis Waddell
Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? - Dale Copley
Who will be dropped from rep footy? - Alex Glenn

Active Now

• peter09
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • The True King
  • davidp
  • Skathen
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • Browny
  • Big Del
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.