Brisbane Broncos 2015 Predictions

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Hunt or Milford (Correct, both had incredible years)

Top Try Scorer? Dale Copley (Wrong. Barely played first grade)

Rookie? Mitch Garbutt (Wrong. Drifted in and out like a bad fart)

Captain? Hodges (Correct)

Who Will They Sign? Probably noone but maybe Merrin (WRONG)

Who Will They Lose? Thaiday or Hodges to retirement (Correct about Hodgeo)

Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? Mitch Garbutt. This guy is primed to become one of the best front rowers in the comp if he applies himself (......Wrong. He didn't apply himself)

Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Hard to tell, but Thaiday is on eggshells, clearly (Thaiday had a decent year, so wrong)

Best Forward? McGuire. (Neither. He probably would have been our best if he didn't go down injured)

Best Back? Milford (Yep, pretty much)

Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Bennett, inevitably. (HA, no need. He slayed it)

Who will be the best buy? Milford (this one will be a no brainer) (and it was)

Who will be the worst? Travis Waddell. I have seen literally one good play from him, when he stripped the ball from Slater and dived over to score in that boilover (Correct. Never even saw him in first grade once. Isn't challenging for the 17 at all)

Who will make their rep debut? McGuire and Milford. If Slater is injured, Milf will debut for the Maroons at the back (sadly, incorrect)

Who will be dropped from rep footy? Nobody. Meninga never changes the squad dramatically (As it turns out, Meninga was the one who left.)

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Milford (tick)
Top Try Scorer? Kahu (Maranta, whodathunkit)
Rookie? Parcell (close, but Knik beat him to the punch)
Captain? Parker (maybe this season)
Who Will They Sign? Dane Gagai (not)
Who Will They Lose? Alex Glenn (not... yet)
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? Kahu (close, although Blair was bigger)
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? One of Garbutt or Gavet (right... I think)
Best Forward? Gillett (improved, but not the best)
Best Back? Milford (tick)
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Blair and Boyd at a later stage, and Bennett in particular if things don't go well enough. (Blair copped it, but Reed...)
Who will be the best buy? Milford (tick)
Who will be the worst? Waddell or Blair (I guess Waddell counts)
Who will make their rep debut? McGuire (tick)
Who will be dropped from rep footy? Hodges (voluntarily) (tick)
Could be worse I guess... :laugh:

Last edited:
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Milford

Top Try Scorer? Copley

Rookie? Offa

Captain? Hodges

Who Will They Sign? Gagai

Who Will They Lose?

I reckon Thaiday might get the tap on the shoulder. Perhaps Glenn might go too. depends who gets what share of the minutes for 2nd row

Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise?

Garbutt or Gavet are probably the likely ones, there'll be few other new signings that will do anything (we know what Milf can do). Only other choice might be Kahu if he tears it up with an extended run in the side (but probably won't surprising as such)

Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment?
I really hope it's not the case, but my money is on Blair (I keep forgetting we signed him). Though if anyone has to be, I want it to be Boyd.

Best Forward? McGuire

Best Back? Copley

Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Macca, Gillo (they have their fair share of critics on here) or Boyd (even more so)

Who will be the best buy? Milford

Who will be the worst? Boyd/Blair

Who will make their rep debut? By rep I'm guessing Qld/Aus, so McGuire. Perhaps Copley

Who will be dropped from rep footy? Thaiday's time is up. Hodgo might 'drop' himself by retiring from rep footy (depends on him getting the captaincy imo)

A couple of rough ones there. Mainly to do with the recruitment of Blair + Boyd. I was still on a tear about us signing them lol

How I didn't have Reed for scapegoat I'll never know :laugh:

Also my Gavet/Garbutt selections - yikes.

Still, got the Captaincy + Rookie (close race with Kodi)

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Yeah that hit up he took in round 2 was awesome.

I'm not joking. Everyone was bagging him for that one run, and I was shouting from the hills how his defensive starch was exactly what we needed and have not had for years.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I'm not joking. Everyone was bagging him for that one run, and I was shouting from the hills how his defensive starch was exactly what we needed and have not had for years.

Same dude. People need to trust the coach

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • mrslong
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fatboy
  • bazza
  • Footy Fanatic
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.