Brisbane Broncos 2017 Predictions

England coach Wayne Bennett has pledged Brisbane's backing for the 2017 World Club Series.
Plans for the annual clash between the leading clubs from Super League and the NRL were thrown into disarray earlier this week when Melbourne officially withdrew.

Their lack of interest was quickly matched by several rival NRL clubs, who claimed it interfered with their preparations for the NRL season.
Wigan and Cronulla, the two 2016 Grand Final winners, will meet in the traditional World Club Challenge at the DW Stadium on the weekend of February 16-17.
However, uncertainty surrounds the other two scheduled ties in the recently-expanded World Club Series following the snub from beaten NRL grand finalists Melbourne, who were due to play Super League runners-up Warrington.
Brisbane had offered to host Wigan if they had lost the Super League Grand Final and Bennett, a long-time advocate of the international game, says he has already been in touch with Rugby Football League chief executive Nigel Wood to reassure him of his club's commitment to the series.
bennett_628.jpg

Photo: Getty Images
"We would be keen to travel," Bennett said.
"I spoke to Nigel on Monday night and told him that the whole concept has got the club's backing.
"We love coming over, we've enjoyed it in the last couple of years as a club and we're also trying to host one (in Brisbane) in the pre-season. But if that doesn't come to fruition and there's a vacancy to come over to England we will certainly go.
"The other clubs have all got their reasons I'm sure, but we don't find it interferes with our season really.
"We've played in a grand final, gone over for the World Club Series and started the following year well, so I can't find a fault with it. Personally I'd be extremely disappointed if we shared the same view."

Another NRL Team Puts Up Hand To Play World Club Series

Looks like we are going to England again...

Good news for our defence then but hunt and milf still need attack and game control tuition.

Should have been too 4 this year.

Competition for top 4 next year will be tighter with the panthers and titans looking to go a bIt better so I'd put us in the 8-5 bracket.

Good news for our defence then but hunt and milf still need attack and game control tuition.

They do but at some point they need to stand on their on 2 feet. If they can work a few things out on their own they will be better for it.
Plus Langer and Locky are still there and surley have an input into the 2 halves.
Something was off from the get go last season, who knows what it was?
But I don't believe it was Kevvies absence.
I'm tipping they won't feel as much pressure in 2017, add to that a good pre season and it will be game on again.

My outlandish picks for top 8 next season without all pre-season signings, player swaps, etc finalized:

1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Panthers
4. Raiders
5. Sharks
6. Eels
7. Titans
8. Broncos

My top 8 is:

1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Broncos
4. Panthers/Raiders
5. Raiders/Panthers
6. Sharks
7. Titans
8. Eels

Last edited:
My Top 8
1.Broncos
2.Raiders
3.Cowboys
4.Storm
5.Panthers
6.Titans
7.Sharks
8.Roosters/Eels

I just don't think storm will be no.1 next season after loosing quite a few players that have had a big impact on this season that has just went.

I just don't think storm will be no.1 next season after loosing quite a few players that have had a big impact on this season that has just went.

Gaining Slater and losing Green. Seems like an improvement to me.

Gaining Slater and losing Green. Seems like an improvement to me.

But we don't know if slater is going to be as good as he was after being out for so long.
They do have a few gains though.

Last edited:
1. Broncos, 2. Warriors (SURELY they have to be top 4), 3. Storm, 4. Cows, 5. Titans, 6. Sharks, 7. Roosters, 8/9. Raiders/ Eels

The top four all have settled, experienced spines (McCullough, Hunt, Milf, Boyd. Luke, Johnson, Foran, RTS. Smith, Cronk, Munster, Slater. Granville, JT, Morgan, Coote). The Titans could easily make the top four if you look at the potential in their spine (Peats, Taylor, Elgey, Hayne). The Sharks will feel the loss of Ennis, and the Raiders will be found out.

But we don't know if slater is going to be as good as he was after being out for so long.
They do have a few gains though.

I see Koroibete as the only player they needed and even so they have a pretty good replacement in Addo-Carr.

They will be better than they were next year.

1. Sharks
2. Roosters
3. Raiders
4. Cowboys
5. Warriors
6. Panthers
7. Storm
8. Broncos

They do but at some point they need to stand on their on 2 feet. If they can work a few things out on their own they will be better for it.
Plus Langer and Locky are still there and surley have an input into the 2 halves.
Something was off from the get go last season, who knows what it was?
But I don't believe it was Kevvies absence.
I'm tipping they won't feel as much pressure in 2017, add to that a good pre season and it will be game on again.

Probably grand final hangover plus the pressure of redemption. Then copping the origin bans. I'm expecting next season to be better for milf and hunt.

I see Koroibete as the only player they needed and even so they have a pretty good replacement in Addo-Carr.

They will be better than they were next year.
I believe that the Storm could miss Blake Green more than everyone expects.

I don't think Munster will get a crack at 5/8
I don't think Slater will make it back onto the field

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.