Brisbane Broncos 2017 Predictions

Why the **** are we favourites? No team has won a title when being installed as favourites before a new season starts. **** you Crown Bet.

2017 Prediction. Ben Hunt and James Roberts are going to go purple patch and we'll come very close to winning the comp.

2017 Prediction. Ben Hunt and James Roberts are going to go purple patch and we'll come very close to winning the comp.

thats my wet dream right there.. i hope they break superfreak! lol

ill believe it when i see it though. but by virtue of milf not conceivably being as shite for such a stretch at such key times 2 years running, they cant possibly not at least look better (stats supportive or otherwise)

(but if either of them poll ahead of boyd or blair again withput good reason i vote the poll be decommissioned!)

may well have brought shame to my bloodline in the previous predictions iteration, so im wary, but with storm korobite-less and cowboys post-tamou ill eat my hat if we're not top 3 come rd26.

ive always figured Oates would make a great traditional centre, but i cant see it happening (and cant see his body holding up to much of a dig in the pack, mid game shuffles notwithstanding) but with his SOO performances and his highlight reel of finishes, my god those finishes, its like we barely celebrate them here as we just expect it from him, i cant see him moving.. hard to go past him as top tryscorer.

darbs for captain & CCM winner if the opp presents itself.. but trust nrl to shake to the most newsworthy candidate of the week.

very interested to see how WB works the roster, or what the final roster will even be.. news is pretty thin down here, i figure due to 4 nations / broadcast deal / parra board & spending, Dannys guess is as good as mine. GI still a chance.. amirite?

Why 2017 will be better than 2016

Good coach check
Great roster check
Lost one to win won check
No 2016 expectation pressure check
Do everything to avoid 2016 nose dive mid season check
No Bennett infidelity check
No Milford Hunt origin ban check
Increased big game exposure check
James Roberts more settled check

Why we can't win GF
No Parker, Wallace. TPJ, Offa? Long way off
Hunt or Milford game management - more directly .. Worst kicking game in the comp.
Mentally cannot beat Cowboys in a knock out final. Period.
State of Origin toll.
Injuries to any of our spine
Depth in outside backs, depth generally.

I think this year was always going to be a hard year for hunt because of the pressure on him in 2014 getting thrown in the deep end and he nearly won the daly m so in 2015 we all were expecting him to keep the form especially with Milford as his partner he came within a whisker of getting our premiership as halfback so in 2016 we really expected him to take off this year witch didn't happen don't forget he had the loss of the gf put on him and he still had some good stats he was still good without being great in 2016 so in 2017 he won't have all that pressure he will be mentally stronger and has another full year under his belt so all that being said I do truely believe hunt is still a strong part in this team and will explode in 2017

I read that of the five top try assisters in the NRL this year, the only one not playing for Australia was Hunt. He certainly didn't go as bad as some would have you believe. I actually really think he is going to explode next year and surprise a lot of people. And if he doesn't, his time at the Broncs is over.

I read that of the five top try assisters in the NRL this year, the only one not playing for Australia was Hunt. He certainly didn't go as bad as some would have you believe. I actually really think he is going to explode next year and surprise a lot of people. And if he doesn't, his time at the Broncs is over.
Couldn't give a rats arse about the try assists stat. It's no longer given to whom actually made the play, but whomever touched the ball last before the try scorer...

I want to see Hunt guide us to a confident win over teams like the Cows or Storm, where we need to be able to apply and sustain pressure, especially during the finals. I don't think that'll happen, but I hope I'm wrong, because I really like the bloke's attitude and loyalty to the club.

I expect a top 4 spot, ideally top 2, but don't think we'll get quite that high.
Milford and our young forwards will be key in our aspirations, as we have the depth, quality and speed in the backs.

If anything, the Storm will get better next season, so I can see them go back to back in minor premierships.
Our competition for the top 2 will come from Panthers, Cowboys and Warriors, especially if the latter do get Foran partnering SJ.
Dogs (if Hasler stays) will be thereabouts and I expect big improvement from the Scum, who will compete with Raiders, Grubs, Tits and Wests for a finals spot.
Cheats 2.0 will probably battle for a top 8 position after the hangover from their tainted premiership, and I see them dropping off altogether.

Knights, Dragons, Souffs and Parra to fight for the spoon.

If we are not top 4 it's a mess of a year.

Last edited:
I believe that ben hunt's best position is hooker. If we have to lose someone from the spine I would pick McCullough. That way we could go

1. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Nikorima/Recruit
9. Hunt

His darts from dummy half are so dangerous with the vision he has. Just lacks the kicking game and organising in attack.

I believe that ben hunt's best position is hooker. If we have to lose someone from the spine I would pick McCullough. That way we could go

1. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Nikorima/Recruit
9. Hunt

His darts from dummy half are so dangerous with the vision he has. Just lacks the kicking game and organising in attack.

Sorry but I completely disagree with this . Hunt is a half ! And McCullough is a really solid hooker . But they are both in desperate need of a better forward pack

Not sure why people think Panthers are going to be in contention for the top 4 next year.

Last edited:

1. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Nikorima/Recruit
9. Hunt

So does Niko.

Moving Hunt to hooker and Niko to halfback won't change anything.

We'll still lack that good kicking game and game management everyone speaks of.

I'd happily have Benji on board. I reckon he can be a solid addition to the team, and suddenly, our halves have some red hot competition for their jersey. He's worth it if only for the pressure he will put on Hunt and Milford to perform.

Obviously i want them to win the trophy but if I was playing devil's advocate:

1. We hold team's out, we don't dominate them and it leaves us open to games like penrith in round 4.

2. We have very little game management. Struggle with composure and reading whats required at the relevant time of the game.

3. A team built on completion rate and a solid defensive line is at the mercy of the teams attitude/morale.

4. Representative period, we're still going to lose at some point during the season the likes of Kahu, Glenn, Blair, Boyd, Thaiday, Oates, Gillett & possibly Milford.

5. A contentious one but lack of genuine size in the forward pack, too many second rowers.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.