NEWS Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett warns NRL rivals off trying to sign Broncos winger Corey Oates

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
4a34ffc26210972988f94fd5577be4b1

Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett warns NRL rivals off trying to sign Broncos winger Corey Oates

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Oates current management are being ***** ...

I thought that too. It might be their last desperate attempt to keep him as a client. “We’ve got a deal waiting for you with X for $800k a year, just sign through us”.

Or, if Oates does sign with another club, his management will argue that it only happened because they first approached the other clubs and they are therefore entitled to their cut.

Who is this GS Management? I can’t be sure but I feel like I have read about them a few times doing slightly dodgy shit.

I'm not sure I could handle us losing Oates. I'm still struggling with the players we've lost and not terribly impressed with paying overs for imports, especially ones that have failed to fire.

"Corey is a very good winger"

Ha, he better stay there too.

Did you homies read about his public crack at Milford? In front of reporters a few weeks ago, maybe up to 2 months ago, he said "That would be fine if I were making as much money as you are. Or even half as much." (Not in verbatim and not what I personally witnessed). For anyone to whine about him being "money hungry" or whatever if he leaves would be a crime. He has been infinitely better than any of the highly paid threesome of Bird, Milford, Boyd and to making less than half what they make, if true, is also a crime.

Yep he’s a match winner and should be paid like one regardless of where he plays.

Did you homies read about his public crack at Milford? In front of reporters a few weeks ago, maybe up to 2 months ago, he said "That would be fine if I were making as much money as you are. Or even half as much." (Not in verbatim and not what I personally witnessed). For anyone to whine about him being "money hungry" or whatever if he leaves would be a crime. He has been infinitely better than any of the highly paid threesome of Bird, Milford, Boyd and to making less than half what they make, if true, is also a crime.

You're being way too dramatic- it wasn't a 'crack' I was there. Oates was being interviewed about staying and Milford walked past and said get the deal done and stay!

Oates then made a joke about Milford giving him half of his money.

You're being way too dramatic- it wasn't a 'crack' I was there. Oates was being interviewed about staying and Milford walked past and said get the deal done and stay!

Oates then made a joke about Milford giving him half of his money.
In other words, not so flagrant just more passive aggressive? Doesn't make it any better at all. Some would argue it makes it worse. Unless the guy is a moron and doesn't understand passive aggressive.

Active Now

• Stix
  • lynx000
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • TimWhatley
  • cento
  • Browny
  • DrGee
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.