NEWS Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett warns NRL rivals off trying to sign Broncos winger Corey Oates

Like some moron on this forum called me something nasty a few weeks back (can't recall who, but if I were to guess, I'd say Rover) and then added "only joking"

That was actually @Harry Sack, one of BHQ's nastiest posters. Try not to feel too down on yourself and try to get over it, he's like that with everyone. I would hate for you to continue to carry it on your shoulders, so if you ever want to talk about it then just PM me. We've all been there.

That was actually @Harry Sack, one of BHQ's nastiest posters. Try not to feel too down on yourself and try to get over it, he's like that with everyone. I would hate for you to continue to carry it on your shoulders, so if you ever want to talk about it then just PM me. We've all been there.

giphy.gif

I've heard @Harry Sack punches puppies in the face for fun

Ha ha, only just seen that. Never called you anything nasty yet, so you owe me an apology. I would never use the term " only joking ", if i call you something i'll mean it. Worst i've called you is a liar, which is correct anyway.

You probably arent man enough anyway to apologise.

Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? Look up the meaning of "passive-aggressive".

I knew you would know but didn't want to say anything for fear of being lectured by the moderators. I told you before how weird it is but obviously you have no shame. Just don't push it too far or I will block you, taking away what is seemingly your reason for "contributing" here.

I will say this. There are people who would with your opinion of Boyd and Milford being overpaid. I think milf was paid on promise and Boyd on past performance. That said they are both good players, and despite criticism of their form (sometimes fair, sometimes not) are easily the best for their positions in the club, injury allowing.
Gillet though has been and still is if not the best 2nd rower in the competition, close to it. You may have a dissenting opinion based on recent performances, but remember he was essentially playing with a broken neck.
On his day, when fit, will run as hard as sua and make as many tackle as macca. Ones that hurt their opponents. Also he plays the full 80 minutes without break, allowing impact players to rest up.
You never know how players recover from injuries and Gillet may never be that player again but if he is close to it, he is easily worth his price.
As for Oates being worth more than Milford, let's break that down. Milford is a devastating runner who can draw defenders, offload in tackles, organise the attack and kick profficently. His form is inconsistent and needs to be corrected but in his worst games still has more impact on the teams attack than Oates because of the threat he represents.
Oates is a good winger in hot form, who deserves more money. He is a good runner, a proficient catch and an excellent finisher, but that's it. He can tackle alright on the wing but is sometimes caught out when he is closer to the ruck. He rarely passes or kicks (it's not his job). He almost never passes except to beat the last defender and has stuffed that up at times. No way would I lose Milford for him, let alone pay him more.

As far as the first sentence, fair enough for Milford but not Boyd. Remember when Bennett was so proud of "letting them go a year too early rather than a year too late"? And Boyd's past performances weren't that good. 1 really good year and 1 pretty good year. I don't necessarily agree with the second. I think Milfords best position may be fullback. But given the roster and specifically the dearth of good halves, I would agree his best position for the club at present is in the halves.

I.......... can't say I completely disagree with your opinion vis-a-vis Gillet. Frizzell is the best backrower in the competition but Gillet may be in the log-jam of second best. Probably also below Proctor and...... that guy who now plays for Warriors and used to play for Melbourne. According to zero tackle Gillet is on big money for the next 3 years after this. IMO he has already gone into decline. Not as steeply as Boyd but wait till next year. No, lets just wait for a few games after he gets back and revisit this.

As for Oates, you are right. It's as @holdzy89 pointed out. Merely a bit of hyperbole on my part. It's a habit of mine. But Oates still deserves more and based on his form since signing that contract, Milford is being massively overpaid. Even last year when Hunt was still on the books. Maybe he will justify it in the future. Let's just hope if that's the case, he starts soon because I fear if Canberra win this weekend, they are going to surge toward the top 8 so who do you think will miss out is that happens?

Last edited:
I knew you would know but didn't want to say anything for fear of being lectured by the moderators.
Mate, if you keep this up, a "lecture" is the least of your worries. Seriously, pull your head in!

The following is for everyone on this and any other thread of BHQ:

Stick to the fucking topic, argue opinions but leave their authors out of it. We will not warn again about taking personal shots, and will thread ban people who do so on sight.
This means no more "Rover" digs, moderation digs, comments about Reyter, etc...

If we keep Oates I'd like him to start coming into the middle a bit more as a forward like Wendell used to do. I think this can assist any transition to the forwards in the future. A fit Bird, Kahu and Glenn would allow the reshuffle to work.

Can one of the mods put Reyter out of his fucking misery? I'm sick of coming into threads and reading a wall of negative bullshit in every post from him and slagging off other highly regarded posters. The bloke adds nothing to the forum.

Sure.

Mate, if you keep this up, a "lecture" is the least of your worries. Seriously, pull your head in!

The following is for everyone on this and any other thread of BHQ:

Stick to the fucking topic, argue opinions but leave their authors out of it. We will not warn again about taking personal shots, and will thread ban people who do so on sight.
This means no more "Rover" digs, moderation digs, comments about Reyter, etc...

I dont mind the rover digs, its hilarious!

I'd still think it would be right and fair though to expect an apology if somebody said a clear lie about me and got called out on it. Its just the decent thing for any decent person to do.

I dont mind the rover digs, its hilarious!

I'd still think it would be right and fair though to expect an apology if somebody said a clear lie about me and got called out on it. Its just the decent thing for any decent person to do.

Well, no need to worry about it anymore. Now we can all get back to discussing a bit more nicely.

Well, no need to worry about it anymore. Now we can all get back to discussing a bit more nicely.
Now, I don't want you to get a big head (or a little head for that matter) that I liked your statement.

Did you homies read about his public crack at Milford? In front of reporters a few weeks ago, maybe up to 2 months ago, he said "That would be fine if I were making as much money as you are. Or even half as much." (Not in verbatim and not what I personally witnessed). For anyone to whine about him being "money hungry" or whatever if he leaves would be a crime. He has been infinitely better than any of the highly paid threesome of Bird, Milford, Boyd and to making less than half what they make, if true, is also a crime.

Hey homie....remember that time you said we should swap Milford for Kane Elgey.
default_hystery.gif

Good one.
default_thumbup.gif

In other words, not so flagrant just more passive aggressive? Doesn't make it any better at all. Some would argue it makes it worse. Unless the guy is a moron and doesn't understand passive aggressive.

It was clearly a joke. **** me you must have a rough time on the internet without a sense of humour.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.