OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

Scrappy game tonight, thoughts ?

Did what we needed to do to win despite two absolute key players out. We managed to turn up the heat for about 25-30 minutes and that got the job done. The entire team seems to be focused on the far more important games to come and can't really fault them for that. The Raiders were desperate and played like men possessed and we still won comfortably barely focusing. We are the premiership favourites.

Did what we needed to do to win despite two absolute key players out. We managed to turn up the heat for about 25-30 minutes and that got the job done. The entire team seems to be focused on the far more important games to come and can't really fault them for that. The Raiders were desperate and played like men possessed and we still won comfortably barely focusing. We are the premiership favourites.
We seem to be going under the radar to an extent… only because every pundit claims it to be a one horse race.

I think that lack of appreciation from the press can create a bit of a siege mentality where the primary focus is the team, winning, and ultimately knocking off that one horse in Penrith.

We seem to be going under the radar to an extent… only because every pundit claims it to be a one horse race.

I think that lack of appreciation from the press can create a bit of a siege mentality where the primary focus is the team, winning, and ultimately knocking off that one horse in Penrith.

Warriors are who is really under the radar IMO. I think we are widely recognised as the only team who could probably beat Penrith, though likely need to be at full strength to do so. I agree though...we will want it more than them, should we get there I like our chances.

Kev just has to keep them focused on each game at hand on the way - or we won't even make it. At least one knock-out game to be played before then. We can't be doing what we did tonight or we'll be gone in straight sets.

Warriors are who is really under the radar IMO. I think we are widely recognised as the only team who could probably beat Penrith, though likely need to be at full strength to do so. I agree though...we will want it more than them, should we get there I like our chances.

Kev just has to keep them focused on each game at hand on the way - or we won't even make it. At least one knock-out game to be played before then. We can't be doing what we did tonight or we'll be gone in straight sets.

Every team we’ve faced in the last few weeks has been playing for their lives and aside from the Eels game, we haven’t been that great but building nicely and have comfortably beaten them all. Even tonight, we were pretty poor for our standards up against a desperate team and still won pretty comfortably. This team isn’t afraid of anyone and nor should they be.

In recent times, I’ve gone in to tames feeling confident and expecting to win, have not had this feeling since 2016, before Milford was replaced by a life model decoy.

The last time the Broncos won a minor premiership (2000), Kevvie was captain, with a spine that included Ben Ikin, Darren Lockyer and Luke Priddis.

Kevvie also played in every other minor premiership: 1992, 1997 (SL) and 1998.

I think the warriors have been a bit lucky in their last few wins. I think the real threat to us/penrith this year is from the Knights.

I think the warriors have been a bit lucky in their last few wins. I think the real threat to us/penrith this year is from the Knights.

The Knights are a smoky for sure, but I don't think they can go all the way. They've won 7 or 8 in a row and will need to keep winning, no second chances. It's possible, and I probably hope we get on the other side of the draw to them, but I think we've got them covered.

The last time the Broncos won a minor premiership (2000), Kevvie was captain, with a spine that included Ben Ikin, Darren Lockyer and Luke Priddis.

Kevvie also played in every other minor premiership: 1992, 1997 (SL) and 1998.

And he'll be responsible for our next one, 23 years later. What a record.

The Knights are a smoky for sure, but I don't think they can go all the way. They've won 7 or 8 in a row and will need to keep winning, no second chances. It's possible, and I probably hope we get on the other side of the draw to them, but I think we've got them covered.

A little while ago, I had a dream that I was at the Grand Final and the Broncos were playing Newcastle. When I woke up, I laughed and thought what a weird team to play in the GF but now it's looking like an outside chance.

A little while ago, I had a dream that I was at the Grand Final and the Broncos were playing Newcastle. When I woke up, I laughed and thought what a weird team to play in the GF but now it's looking like an outside chance.
Them and Warriors are at this point the 2 most likely to go deep into the semis!

Hughes having scans and Pezet went off after 11 and iced his hammy for Easts and didn't come back.
Paps will almost certainly be put in the Halves it sounds like then.

Hasn’t Meaney played 6 before? Can see that happening
Terribly, they didn't use paps as a fullback when he came on instead with a lock role, so it would make sense for them to put him in the halves if they don't want to upend the team before the finals.

If sharks lose this one and Storm are guaranteed a top four spot, who knows what their side will look like.

In recent times, I’ve gone in to tames feeling confident and expecting to win, have not had this feeling since 2016, before Milford was replaced by a life model decoy.
So much this.
I was almost overconfident about the Raiders game.
Since our last victory over Souths ive gone into every game 95%+ confident of a win.
Even games missing big names.

Its a complete contrast to just a few seasons ago where i expected a loss in all but the occasional game.

For me, the two biggest factors in this is Kev getting the teams defense in outstanding condition, and Reece fucken Walsh's attack.
Throw Maam and Reynolds into that mix and its the most dynamic attack ive seen in years and years.

So much this.
I was almost overconfident about the Raiders game.
Since our last victory over Souths ive gone into every game 95%+ confident of a win.
Even games missing big names.

Its a complete contrast to just a few seasons ago where i expected a loss in all but the occasional game.

For me, the two biggest factors in this is Kev getting the teams defense in outstanding condition, and Reece fucken Walsh's attack.
Throw Maam and Reynolds into that mix and its the most dynamic attack ive seen in years and years.
We could have been winning by 20 with 5 minutes to go anytime in the last 8 years and I've have been convinced (and usually correct) we'd be losing the game.

We could have been winning by 20 with 5 minutes to go anytime in the last 8 years and I've have been convinced (and usually correct) we'd be losing the game.
Exactly, going into halftime with a lead and still expecting to lose sucks hard.
That brutal run is making our current form all the sweeter.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Maddy
  • jd87
  • lynx000
  • blacknwhite
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skyblues87
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Lurker
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.