Broncos need ..... ????

I've been onboard with the idea of a small mobile pack the last few years. The reduction of interchange and the nrl's desire to speed the game up made me believe our pack would have a huge advantage and I think in 2015 it did help us to some extent. History will show however that the few rule changes and reduced interchange hasn't really had the desired effect and teams adapted well to the changes. I think it's definitely time we acknowledge this and brought in some size into our engine room.

I'm not suggesting we bring in a team of Sam Kasianos however a 112kg plus starting front rower is a must. Someone who can get over that advantage line when we are coming out of danger or at least past the 10 meter line from the first bloody hit up of the game. This then gives our Woking class forwards like McGuire and gillet some momentum to work from. For mine matt lodge fits this bill perfectly.

We love to play that flat short ball to a forward crashing over the try line as well which a big solid prop will also be handy for rather then the smaller bodied Thaiday/Blair.

Dumbest shit Ive ever seen, McGuire to second row HAHA! Oates and Kahu to harden up... wtf. Out of the whole team those to players you mentioned to "harden up" are the hardest players on our team. Some of the dribble on this forum... I'll tell ya what..

PS Kodi has great physical ability, remember Allan Langer? Multiple premiership winner 165cm 80kg not strong, no blinding speed. But Kodi standing at 172cm 88kg, crazy strength through the hips and blistering off the mark speed. Please make this your last post.
I agree there is error there but dispute Langer not being strong. More than any half of his generation, he easily had some of the best upper body strength. He didn't look so, being so small. In fact, when he first played origin with wally lewis he openly wondered if he was too small and would be a liability. One game changed that. After, lewis was one of his biggest supporters. His defence would be better than any halves that have played this year for us. In fact, it was always Kevin Walters who was seen as a bit of a liability in defence until he started working on it with gilmeister (brought into the team as a player, the axe was already a coach in the making).

Apparently the Raiders are trying to send Kurt Baptiste to another club. He could be handy to start next year?
He'd be a good pick up as a back up. We will need one.

I actually think we will have a stronger squad next year when you consider that all the young players will be a year older and we have got jack bird in. We have so many great potential young forwards that even if half of them perform as expected we would still have tough decisions each week on who doesn't play. Hunt will be a loss but I actually think it's better for the team if that makes sense. Great player at times but Blairs bad qualities outweighed his good in the end. Arrow and ese were already getting overtaken by other juniors and didn't get a run in a full strength 17 most times. Moga' loss is a positive overall. But it wouldn't hurt to have some typical-Bennett pre season bargains for a little more depth.

The lurker (not reputable I know) said a player in his last few years who has had a lot of on field indiscretions from an out of Sydney team that didn't make the 8 put the feelers out to Brisbane and Melbourne via his manager. It sounded like soliola from that description. I would love him at the club! Hits like a concrete truck and does the 1% better then anyone and is a good role model for young players I heard (would literally replace the only positive aspects we'd miss from blair). He can play in the middle but even though we have great 2nd rowers if you put him on the edge (he plays on the left) with Milford and opacic that side would become a strength in defence!

A player not getting mentioned but may be great for us is Sam tagatese. Very big, experienced, aggressive, good defender, appears on the outer a little bit at the sharks at the moment and just won the community award at the dally m's. Would probably come reasonably cheap.

Dumbest shit Ive ever seen, McGuire to second row HAHA! Oates and Kahu to harden up... wtf. Out of the whole team those to players you mentioned to "harden up" are the hardest players on our team. Some of the dribble on this forum... I'll tell ya what..

PS Kodi has great physical ability, remember Allan Langer? Multiple premiership winner 165cm 80kg not strong, no blinding speed. But Kodi standing at 172cm 88kg, crazy strength through the hips and blistering off the mark speed. Please make this your last post.

Some equally good points in there too (if it's not what many people have said on here already). I was ready to call it out too, but to what end? Fwiw I'm hoping they meant McGuire to front row, not second row. Some points are irrelevant and a bit silly, but it's easier to just ignore it sometimes. Everyone has written dumb shit on a forum

I used to think Morgan is over rated but his form this year can't be denied. I'm not sure how and why you would offer Taylor this money when there is Morgan there for a little bit more. Taylor will be in for a big shock if teams start to realise this, surely they will because it doesn't seem like he has gotten talked about
God yes, Broncos need Morgan..

Broncos need?

Cooper Cronk's Mrs to move to Brissy - so he can play an unexpected farytale comeback final season with the mighty Broncos - on serious pay cut.

Just dreaming...

Broncos need?

Cooper Cronk's Mrs to move to Brissy - so he can play an unexpected farytale comeback final season with the mighty Broncos - on serious pay cut.

Just dreaming...

You have more chance of Cronk playing for the Broncos by playing out of Sydney next year then you do of Cronk's Mrs moving to Brisbane next year. But it's nice to dream of a 5/8th or halfback who can actually direct his side around and provide a kicking game isn't it.

You have more chance of Cronk playing for the Broncos by playing out of Sydney next year then you do of Cronk's Mrs moving to Brisbane next year. But it's nice to dream of a 5/8th or halfback who can actually direct his side around and provide a kicking game isn't it.
It's been a long time.

Get Cronk as a part time halves coach that's based in Sydney at least. One of Kodi/Milf desperately needs to learn how to control and organise a side, and both could use tutoring on his precision kicking game.

Get Cronk as a part time halves coach that's based in Sydney at least. One of Kodi/Milf desperately needs to learn how to control and organise a side, and both could use tutoring on his precision kicking game.

Nah don't need it. All sweet.

According to Milford.

2018 should be great for attack. Niko and Milford behind a bigger forward pack with the ball playing skill and offloading of Jack Bird.

Macca and Boyd back means tightened up defensively. Opacic was one of my big hopes for 2017, and he'll be there for 2018, a lot tighter defensively than Moga.

Hard to be anything but positive, maybe even a surprise signing over the summer too.

Yeah I think 2018, we can give it a shake provided our halves step up and show some continuity in form, and our young forwards continue their path of development. If both those things happen, we're as good as anybody.
Knik and milf will atleast go into next season knowing their roles are set in stone, and train accordingly.
I really want knik to make it hard to justify Bennett signing Taylor or someone else. He'll have a year to do it, and at the very least, by proving he's up to it, show his value as more than a Mr fixit. If he doesnt, I can't see him lasting at seasons end. By then some of the younger backs will be pushing for a utility role, if not sooner.
Milford needs to stand up and be the player we know he can be. He played his best football alongside knik, knowing HE was the "go-to" man under pressure. With more experience and some set plays to Fall back on, at the end-of-sets, they atleast will be better equipped to play halves.

Give Knik 2018 to make his mark. The kid has shown so much heart and loyalty for broncos, and his win rate from 13 games isn't bad I think it's like 10/13.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.