Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's just hyping his article about Ofahengaue who said he's willing to ignore rival offers and tough it out with Brisbane.

I don't know if that's really the Broncos 'securing' a player as much as it's a player pledging their loyalty but I suppose it's a fine line.

Couple that with what was just posted about Joe O and it sounds like him.

His main flaw is that he sometimes lacks creativity around the ruck.
His delivery could also be a tad faster but I would call him well above average. Yes we could improve but not that greatly. IMO he's the third best kicker from hooker and one of the best defenders. He rarely makes a mistake out of dummy half he just doesn't create many opportunities either.

How can he be considered third best kicker? He goes entire games without kicking once. He needs to kick far more often to be considered a good kicker.

I rarely see him lay on a try from a good pass or kick, he doesn't have a damaging running game, his delivery is slow. He's the definition of average.

I'd have ahead of him as follows
Smith
Farah
Segeyaro
Ennis
Luke
Jake Friend
Ballin
Peats

So yeah, he's average. I do think he has potential to be top 5 and I hope Bennett can bring it out of him.

NEWCASTLE ace Dane Gagai has revealed he has already had several conversations with new Broncos coach Wayne Bennett as the likelihood the pair will reunite in Brisbane next season increases.In camp with the Indigenous All-Stars for the first time, Gagai cut an excited figure, describing the chance to rub shoulders with superstars Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges and Johnathan Thurston as the biggest thrill of his career.
“This is the first All-Stars game I have been involved in so it is a pretty big thing — it is a real honour to be part of the side and I am just going to try to soak up as much knowledge as I can from getting the chance to train with guys like JT and GI,” Gagai told The Australian.
“I think I have learned a lot about myself and my game and what it takes to get the best out of myself over the past 12 months but I know there are always things I can do better and the best way to learn is by watching the best do their thing and when you talk about names like Thurston, Hodges and Inglis they are the best of the best.”
The attitude is a reflection of the growing maturity with which Gagai now approaches his game.
It is a path Bennett said Gagai had started on following what he described as a “stupid mistake”, when he missed a training session at the 2014 Emerging Origin Camp. As a punishment, Gagai was ruled out of contention for selection in Origin.
Having been dumped by the Broncos two years earlier for similar breaches of team protocol, some were demanding a harsher penalty. Bennett, though, said the sentence more than fitted the crime.
“Dane made a mistake and he paid the price, but he is a wonderful young guy — a fun-loving guy and to be honest a joy to coach,” Bennett said.
The veteran coach has enjoyed a relationship with the gifted three-quarter almost since birth. He coached Gagai’s father Ray at the Broncos in the late 1980s and was at the club when Dane arrived as a sometimes troubled teenager, whose talent was being likened to Hodges at the same age.
“There is a lot of similarities between those two and you only have to look at the player and the man that Justin has become to know that with the right guidance Dane has an enormous future in the game,” Bennett said.
After getting his start at Brisbane under Anthony Griffin, Gagai was axed for a relatively minor breaches of the club’s code of conduct.
Bennett was only to happy to bring the young gun to Newcastle, where he has one year remaining on his current deal.
With Hodges nearing the end of his career, a move back to Brisbane has been on the cards ever since Bennett’s return to Red Hill was confirmed. That now appears all but certain.
Gagai admitted Bennett remains his first port of call when it comes to decisions about his future. “I have spoken to Wayne a lot about my future and obviously with him moving back to Brisbane there is going to be talk that I will follow him,” Gagai said.
“He is that sort of coach that players do follow.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...r-broncos-return/story-fnca0von-1227215276985

There is no God.
r585539_6072063.jpg

He can definitely still be better, seems like his progress slowed down a bit though recently. If he can snap out of it and keep improving, he'd be a great replacement for Hodges.

Dane Gagai is an overrated hack and would complement the signing of Boyd and Blair.

I want him tbh, we need some speed and x-factor in the outside backs, although he might have to play wing in 2016 if he comes back, assuming Copley & Hodges both perform well in the centres this year.

The Mole hints at a return of Chris Walker to the Broncos, I hope it's just another brain fart or joke of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.