Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't see them train everyday or anything like that"

"why does he not seem top try and improve?"

Interesting...

So you really wouldn't know for sure if he is putting in the extra work or not.. You also really wouldn't know for sure what his fitness is like..

What so many people fail to understand is that it takes time to really master a skill. Thurston and Cronk practiced for years to get the kicking skills they have today.

It didn't happen quickly.

But there is no point debating this really. It just keeps going around in circles.

To be fair they had a pretty good understanding of how to kick by the age of 26, Hunt still hasn't got a clue.

To be fair they had a pretty good understanding of how to kick by the age of 26, Hunt still hasn't got a clue.

Because they had been practicing since they were in high school.

It's an area Hunt has only recently started putting more work in since Bennett came to the club.

Last edited:
Because they had been practicing since they were in high school.

Hunt hasn't? He was playing Halfback in our U20's like nearly 10 years ago, how many years of practice does he need?

p.s - Cronk started his career at the storm playing as a lock / utility off the bench, his kicking game wasn't developed, he was a running player, like Hunt, but he developed his kicking game over the next couple of seasons, which is the natural trajectory of halfbacks, Hunt still hasn't developed his kicking game to the point where it's at least considered "decent".

Last edited:
We need a hunt forum up this is a player movement and rumours

Agreed ! am over hearing about it . Has been quiet of late, maybe they are all waiting for confirmation about the cap?

Looking forward to next season..

Personally I think they need hunt .. they don't have the depth in the halves. (Probably why Benji is there to add depth)

I think the forwards is where the problem is...just need a big fella that breaks the line more than often.

Wayne will sort them out.

I doubt it.

Sandow doesn't like being told how to play. He doesn't want to play structured footy. It's one of the main reasons why he had a falling out with Brad Arthur.

He wouldn't be allowed to play the way he wants to play at the Storm. And when Bellamy and co try to tell him how to play, he'll go on social media and have a whinge. And then whinge to the media and then what happened at the Eels will just happen at the Storm.

When a coach won't let Sandow play the way he wants to play, he doesn't put in the effort. He goes back to his old lazy self and just creates a toxic environment at the club.

I can see him not lasting long at the Storm.

He'll play his off the cuff style, Bellamy will tear him a new asshole and then the problems will start.

Possibly, but the situation would be win-win. Potentially we'd see a dynamic player providing the extra bit of spark playing off-the-cuff football when opportunities arose, or we'd get to see Bellyache chasing Sandow around the Storm's training fields, hurling invectives and trying to whip him with a length of electrified razor wire. I'm keen either way.

Last edited:

The issue doesn't lie with Hunts kicking ability - he CAN kick, and kick well.

The issue is with where and when he is kicking from. Both halves are kicking from stationary positions, as the team isn't on the front foot. It makes it very difficult for any half to put in a decent kick when the defence is on the front foot.

If you watch closely, Hunts kicking game is dramatically better when we have won the yardage on that particular set of 6.

The issue is with where and when he is kicking from. Both halves are kicking from stationary positions, as the team isn't on the front foot. It makes it very difficult for any half to put in a decent kick when the defence is on the front foot.

If you watch closely, Hunts kicking game is dramatically better when we have won the yardage on that particular set of 6.
What's funny is this has been said approximately 24,589 times but no matter how many times it is said, everything is still Hunts fault. Sometimes I feel like some people would prefer a repeat set over a try or try assist.

Quick play the balls are the key. It isn't that important whether you get 9 meters or 11 meters on a hit up. Getting good body position on contact and showing urgency to get up make all the difference.

The most noticeable difference in our play this year during that period when we were coming out of the slump and improving week to week was the speed of our play the ball. Macca was standing over the tackled player screaming at them to get up and the faster they went the better our halves looked. That style of play is how we beat Melbourne.

What's funny is this has been said approximately 24,589 times but no matter how many times it is said, everything is still Hunts fault. Sometimes I feel like some people would prefer a repeat set over a try or try assist.

So much of this
They don't give two ***** if we run it on the last and score a try, but if we run it on the last and come up short its Ben Hunts fault for not getting a repeat set.

I completely disagree. Of course, kicking from a stationary stance is always harder, but I think he can kick long reasonably well, under pressure or not.

The problem is that outside of average bombs, his attacking kicks within the last 30 or so, are in general absolutely dreadful, lack variety, weight and accuracy.

Maybe hunt could give the turntable a bit of a kick, Cause this record is broken AF.

The thing is, Napa is not being shopped around. He is coming home for the coming home factor. Given I am a Novacastrian, I feel I have some authority in being able to say that Newcastle is a fair drive from Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Foordy
  • broncoscope
  • Skathen
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Rambstien
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.