Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
im hearing molo to the cowboys effective immediately.
also a real scramble unfolding around herman and offa. potentially both may go and the club is trying to avoid a worst case scenario.
roberts is the most interesting, im hearing he wants $600k + and we simply cant get near that.
**** me ese is in the 10 days give it the **** up and focus entirely on signing offa and fai 2 - 3 yr deals.

The front row cupboard is bare as **** for us and the NRL and we're going to try and rely on lodge at a cut price deal. The second a deal comes from Sydney he's gone.

Our cap must be rubbish if we're having to rely on signing guys for next to nothing and also play in the 17; Sims, Benji and Mead for this year alone.

I don't think there's any way we lose all of them. It wouldn't make sense, no one is that incompetent. We'll definitely keep at least 1 or 2 IMO.

well molo has gone - 100% so that is locked in.

herman is first choice over offa but because its dragging out the club want the final answer as we are in danger of losing offa if the herman deal doesnt get resolved either way soon enough and they dont want to be snookered and lose both.

and for roberts, well i was in wolloongong earlier this week and out at the confro today and roberts is all the big wig recruitment guys are talking about. do i think roberts will leave? no i dont, on the simple basis that wayne will convince him to take unders and stay.

Is Wayne buying the Lodge hype?

Club's view of Herman over Joe is interesting. I guess they're working off a Glenn, Niko, TPJ and Herman/Joe bench. Only room for one. Maybe last year hurt Offa's standing more than we're aware. Or they just rate Herman more.

I'll be disappointed if we lose Herman, or Joe for that matter, but livid if we lose both due to ineptitude

Last edited:
If we lose Herman, Joe & Jimmy I'm creating the "Sack Bennett/New Coach Discussion" thread.

Molo's days were numbered when the Ackerman incident happened. He hasn't been able to come back from that.

Not that he was any good to begin with. I never did get the hype about him. Big boy but had a small tank.

If we lose both Joe and Herman, then I really will question our club's retention ability. That's really going to test our depth in the front row.

Roberts, he won't leave.

Definitely. Sign a talented yet still mostly unknown quantity in whatever role he plays in Bird and lose up to potentially 4 quality forwards under 24. Brilliant

We've also signed one quality 'forward' for next year in Bird and one 'potentially quality' forward from the UK... Lodge should make that 3 forwards for next year, so the real question is whether we sign one of these guys or keep looking at other options.

Personally I'd be trying all I could to keep Ese'Ese. The rest can leave with my blessing.

Losing Offa, Molo and Arrow who have barely played for us and haven't made much if any impact, isn't going to hurt us. Not in the next year or two anyway.

We've also signed one quality 'forward' for next year in Bird and one 'potentially quality' forward from the UK... Lodge should make that 3 forwards for next year, so the real question is whether we sign one of these guys or keep looking at other options.

Personally I'd be trying all I could to keep Ese'Ese. The rest can leave with my blessing.

Losing Offa, Molo and Arrow who have barely played for us and haven't made much if any impact, isn't going to hurt us. Not in the next year or two anyway.

Bird isn't a forward. Maybe down the track but atm no.

The one I'd be most disappointed about leaving is Roberts. I hope Bennett's magic works.

He can and may play lock for us. To me that makes him a forward signing. He may also play elsewhere, such appears still to be determined.

The one I'd be most disappointed about leaving is Roberts. I hope Bennett's magic works.

Well you would have thought the Knights would have gone hard after and picked up Roberts if it was all about money..............instead they are settling for Moga.

He is more than capable of playing lock right now ( and i'm still adamant thats where he will be long term ), which would free up Moose back to the front row.

The news about Roberts possibly not signing is something i've been hearing for a while now. He wants more than we are willing to pay for a player who's had a lot of issues and hasnt proved himself off the pitch. His stocks on field though have been rising, which is whats making things awkward.

Roberts might have heard about how much we are paying Bird and wanted a piece of the pie too.

It's just normal negotiations with James Roberts. No need to panic. I am also pretty sure the Broncos are going to be able to keep both Herman Ese'ese and Joe Ofahengaue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Browny
  • Astro
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.