Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The storm dominoes are yet to fall. Will we grab some food thats falls off their banquet table or will we be forced to live off scraps?

Lol , I don't believe we have no funds.
I'm hoping things are happening behind the scenes and things will come to light after the GF 🙏
After much disappointment, losing Fifita, wooden spoon etc, I have steeled myself into almost accepting our current lot in life. Knowing full well that after Nov1st we could lose more of those we wish to keep but also, as you say, after the GF, better things look to be on our horizon giving hope for a more promising new season. As fans we deserve better.

Lol , I don't believe we have no funds.
I'm hoping things are happening behind the scenes and things will come to light after the GF 🙏
Hopefully mate....wont be no quick fix and i hope we dont waste the coin on plodders just for the sake of lacking depth...
Ive stated how i loved watching oates but that ship sailed...no...sunk!!! Same with milf but im really starting to believe he can turn his form around and become at least half the player he was......im thinking maybe milfs form dive also had to do with being shuffled around like a few others to compensate for boyds abysmal form and stinking it up

After much disappointment, losing Fifita, wooden spoon etc, I have steeled myself into almost accepting our current lot in life. Knowing full well that after Nov1st we could lose more of those we wish to keep but also, as you say, after the GF, better things look to be on our horizon giving hope for a more promising new season. As fans we deserve better.
Hang in there mate itll happen....i steeled myself mid 2018 when for me the wheel nuts started to come loose.....didnt see a spoon coming though just a few years of mediocre performances....i dont care how much theyre paying some of these shit ***** that are stinking the joint up ...pay whatever they have to get rid of them and the ones taking the option sit them out ...not even intrust....**** them.....theyre either 110% in for the club and fans or theyre out....

Hopefully mate....wont be no quick fix and i hope we dont waste the coin on plodders just for the sake of lacking depth...
Ive stated how i loved watching oates but that ship sailed...no...sunk!!! Same with milf but im really starting to believe he can turn his form around and become at least half the player he was......im thinking maybe milfs form dive also had to do with being shuffled around like a few others to compensate for boyds abysmal form and stinking it up
Tbh mate I'm pretty optimistic about next season, I think there had to be some unrest with the coach and our injury/suspension list was terrible.
The loss of Fifita is yet to be determined , also Staggs injury hurts but we still have a good squad to build on especially with some new additions. A fullback , prop , and 9 plus a couple of depth centers is what we need for the immediate future , availability is the big issue though. Would be nice to get a superstar in the 1 or 9 to build around but that's a pipe dream for next year.

Tbh mate I'm pretty optimistic about next season, I think there had to be some unrest with the coach and our injury/suspension list was terrible.
The loss of Fifita is yet to be determined , also Staggs injury hurts but we still have a good squad to build on especially with some new additions. A fullback , prop , and 9 plus a couple of depth centers is what we need for the immediate future , availability is the big issue though. Would be nice to get a superstar in the 1 or 9 to build around but that's a pipe dream for next year.
I agree.... I think the term "superstar" is well and truly over used these days......they were calling coates...thats COATES...NOT oates..a superstar after he took a few great high balls and a 90 metre try.....Ponga...the list is endless.....geeze with staggs gone for most of next year its looking skinny...id rather throw fafita kind of dollars at someone similar to Aubboson....can play any position...doesnt cry when he gets picked out of preffered position...puts in 100% effort....not a show pony just a hard worker...them blokes are a dying breed

**Badel Warning - but!**

Great news. Jack will be one of our best players next year, especially with Staggs gone. Moving him on for anything less than almost full freight is a net loss imo. He’d be a great Hodges style fullback if he can stay fit. Otherwise he’ll do a great job at centre. Worst case he gets broken again and we’ll move him on when his contract is done.

Great news. Jack will be one of our best players next year, especially with Staggs gone. Moving him on for anything less than almost full freight is a net loss imo. He’d be a great Hodges style fullback if he can stay fit. Otherwise he’ll do a great job at centre. Worst case he gets broken again and we’ll move him on when his contract is done.

Exactly this. He and Milford are both contracted for one more year I believe so why would you move them on now when there isn’t much else available for 2021.

Spot on. Win win.

Tyrone Roberts let go by Titans, oh no hope he isn't coming here. We have enough big heads.

Tyrone Roberts let go by Titans, oh no hope he isn't coming here. We have enough big heads.

Are you talking former captain Tyrone Roberts?! He would provide invaluable experience and leadership with the added bonus of covering the FB position... the perfect fit! In all seriousness, even to me as a couch coach I could always tell that was a stupid signing for us the second time. To consider signing him now I think you might be overestimating how bad your recruitment is.

Are you talking former captain Tyrone Roberts?! He would provide invaluable experience and leadership with the added bonus of covering the FB position... the perfect fit! In all seriousness, even to me as a couch coach I could always tell that was a stupid signing for us the second time. To consider signing him now I think you might be overestimating how bad your recruitment is.
My memory is pretty shit but I recall him out playing ash on a number of occasions

My memory is pretty shit but I recall him out playing ash on a number of occasions

Actually you might be right but it wouldn't have been difficult last year and I've pretty much removed it from memory. As an experienced half outshining in a 4 win season means shod all to me, can't have been that good (different for Dearden as he's inexperienced). There's a reason he was only given 3 games this year, along with being injury prone, his defence seemed to go way downhill for starters. Thought he was older than 29... by all means sign him up, I don't dislike the guy just signing him seemed like a knee-jerk reaction to keep/make Ash happy which got me off him from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.