Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I want him to have this year, you'll be surprised on what a full pre season with Kevin Walters will do for him. If he doesn't work out there's 2019 market. He has earned the opportunity he played better than Hunt has for the last 2 years ffs.
Git ya hand off it

Smith was a half turned in to a hooker. Cronk was a hooker turned in to a half. I don't think either of those two would be very effective reverting to their youth position unless it's for half a game in an emergency.

Thought cronk was a centre

Actually he was.

Locky was 22 in 1999. He was an absolute champion by that age. Look at some highlights from 1997 and 1998.

By 2002 (at 25) he was basically running the side.

Not shitting on Milf. He’s not Lockyer and any comparison is unfair.

But to suggest that because Lockyer (a future immortal) at 29 managed to get by with Perry or at 31 managed to get by with Wallace (who between 08 and 11 was actually quite good) Milford can do it now is fucking laughable.

Milford needs a halves partner who can lead him - Lockyer had Langer and Walters when he was young. Milford needs the same.
WTF, where did I say or implied Locky managed to get by?

Locky was a fullback at 22, not a 5/8 (check out Milford's highlights as a fullback) and he pretty much only ever had Perry and Wallace as his halfbacks when he did move there. They didn't lead him, but did most of the organisation and kicking, allowing Locky to do his thing whenever he saw an opportunity.
That doesn't take away from his leadership, on the contrary... it's called delegating.

Granted, Milford doesn't have (and won't get) anyone of Langer or Walters calibre leading the team to learn from (Walters being assistant will help though), but having someone doing the organisation and most kicking for control and field position, will allow him to focus on his strengths, not waste his energy trying to do everything.

Of course there's only one Darren Lockyer, whom happens to be my most favourite player ever, and I'll be happy if Milford produces even half of what Locky did in his career.

P.S. Wallace is much maligned on this forum, but he was very good until the God of rugby league retired. After that he struggled leading the team and creating opportunities.

Locky was a fullback at 22, not a 5/8 (check out Milford's highlights as a fullback) and he pretty much only ever had Perry and Wallace as his halfbacks when he did move there. They didn't lead him, but did most of the organisation and kicking, allowing Locky to do his thing whenever he saw an opportunity.
That doesn't take away from his leadership, on the contrary... it's called delegating.

Granted, Milford doesn't have (and won't get) anyone of Langer or Walters calibre leading the team to learn from (Walters being assistant will help though), but having someone doing the organisation and most kicking for control and field position, will allow him to focus on his strengths, not waste his energy trying to do everything.

Of course there's only one Darren Lockyer, whom happens to be my most favourite player ever, and I'll be happy if Milford produces even half of what Locky did in his career.

P.S. Wallace is much maligned on this forum, but he was very good until the God of rugby league retired. After that he struggled leading the team and creating opportunities.

I think Wallace was another one who found that Hook was not good for his career. He was building nicely under Bennett.

I think Wallace was another one who found that Hook was not good for his career. He was building nicely under Bennett.
I still think Wallace was in the best form of his career in the first half of 2012. So much so, that his name was being thrown around for Origin selection. He wasn't chosen and his form dipped severely along with the entire team's. Thus beginning the worst 2.5 years in Bronco's history (22-33-1). I am delighted that he has reignited his career at Penrith despite being under the tutorage of the worst first grade coach in the history of the game.

Hodkinson ticks every box that most on here want and think we need. Great kicking game, calm, great organiser, solid defender, kicks goals.... Would he not be the perfect foil for an instinctive player like Milford?
And who's idea was it for Hodkinson.?

Canberra in the hunt for pearce it seems , might release Sezer

Would be great here
Kicking game is very good and prob get him cheap

And who's idea was it for Hodkinson.?
I'd be keen for Hodkinson... But what's the deal with his injuries? He was a weapon in 2014 which wasn't that long ago, so if he could get his body right he'd be a pretty handy pickup.

I'd be keen for Hodkinson... But what's the deal with his injuries? He was a weapon in 2014 which wasn't that long ago, so if he could get his body right he'd be a pretty handy pickup.

Dude has no knees

I agree it contributed, but his problem was the opposite of Milf's... no X-factor, no real creativity, and he had to take ownership of a team orphan of Lockyer.

How does Shaun Nona go in terms of game management and kicking ability?

How does Shaun Nona go in terms of game management and kicking ability?

Duncan Hall Medal in 2014- Controlled the GF beautifully with Obst. Nona's kicking game took it away from Easts early despite them having a plethora of Storm players. Then he just picked his time to run.

Perfect pass to Feldt- try.
Great chip- Cody Walker stuffed it up and Nona there bullet pass to Anderson- try.

6 goals too.

State Championship game.

Grubber for Leary first try.
Grubber for Bowen second try.
Pass Bowen second try after a smart one on one steal.

He can do it. JD is in his corner too.

P.S. Wallace is much maligned on this forum, but he was very good until the God of rugby league retired. After that he struggled leading the team and creating opportunit

Sorry mate, my point was Milford is not Lockyer. Lockyer was a champion at 22.

He only needed a spud to push the team around. Hokko would have been a good buy to partner him.

Milford needs a proper halfback who can be the primary playmaker. He needs a Cronk or a Thurston or a Pearce to run the show (and to push Milford around).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • broncomax
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • kman
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • davidp
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • phoenix
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.