Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely think he's been brought in to show Ofahengaue how to run it hard

Genuinely think he's been brought in to show Ofahengaue how to run it hard
giphy.gif

If he can run for 100 metres a game it'd be a positive. Dead set some games Blair only ran for 30 metres.

If he can run for 100 metres a game it'd be a positive. Dead set some games Blair only ran for 30 metres.

that's one of those stats that tends to be misleading for a player like Blair.

they only count the meters if the player gets tackled ... if he passes before the line (like Blair frequently does) then he doesn't get any meters added to his stats.

he could run for 20m before passing and get 0m added for it

they only count the meters if the player gets tackled ... if he passes before the line (like Blair frequently does) then he doesn't get any meters added to his stats.

Really? So say if he passed it before the line and the other player ran 1m before hitting the line, would said player be attributed 1 or the whole 21m?

If the former, does that mean a teams individual run metres would rarely add up to the teams total run metres each game?

And if the player offloads post contact, are they then allocated the hit up and metres made?

Really? So say if he passed it before the line and the other player ran 1m before hitting the line, would said player be attributed 1 or the whole 21m?

If the former, does that mean a teams individual run metres would rarely add up to the teams total run metres each game?

And if the player offloads post contact, are they then allocated the hit up and metres made?
Yea I think he made that up

The Blair signing was touted as a real disaster around here also as was Benji. Wayne has a real way of getting his players to do the job he asks. I think Taga still has a lot to offer and if used right could be a real asset for our club. I trust Wayne as always.

The player receiving the ball from the pass will be attributed the 1 metre or more depending on whether he makes any more metres after hitting the line.

But when it comes to the person passing the ball? They will not receive the run and metres.

This is why when it comes to Fantasy, don't pick a forward that passes a lot..

Korbin Sims had 14 possessions against the Sharks in Round 1, 2017 but he was only given 12 runs. He also had 1 pass and 1 offload to his name.

That's one example.

Half of you blokes need to play some grade football in your life. Maybe even play 10-15 first grade games for a season to understand how club life works.

Taga, althought not a superstar, is a solid pickup. He brings training experience, a cooler head, some size and some competition. The young boys will think they are being pushed away for old legs, but the mature and sensible ones will know that really Taga is there to fill in, do his piece and be solid. Wayne's probably had the conversation to Taga that he has a specific role, Wayne's also probably then had the conversation to the younger fellas that Taga will give them a run if they don't perform. No lies, all truths just different ways to motivate a man who wants a jersey on his back.
Okay bro, sign me up. No.9 for the broncos right here... you don't need to play first grade to know how it works. It's common sense.

You are misleaded.

I think you are confused between hit ups and run metres.

It's not made up. It's actually true.

Except, it's not true.

Metes gained is metres gained.

The issue may be you are using a bad source for stats.

Serious coaching staff use actual metres gained stats and this number equals (believe it or not) actual metres gained.

Except, it's not true.

Metes gained is metres gained.

The issue may be you are using a bad source for stats.

Serious coaching staff use actual metres gained stats and this number equals (believe it or not) actual metres gained.

Except, it is true.

I'm using the official stats source and they aren't the only stats source that does that.. In fact, I haven't seen one that doesn't.

A player will not attributed the run and metres if they pass. This is one reason why a halves run metres are always low despite the fact they actually do quite a bit of running with the ball in hand.

The clubs might include it all in their stats, but then again those stats aren't made public so that's all moot.

That's the problem with Blair. He passed it way too much rather than doing the hard yards. We need a pack that'll make metres to let Milford weave his magic.

Except, it is true.

I'm using the official stats source and they aren't the only stats source that does that.. In fact, I haven't seen one that doesn't.

A player will not attributed the run and metres if they pass. This is one reason why a halves run metres are always low despite the fact they actually do quite a bit of running with the ball in hand.

The clubs might include it all in their stats, but then again those stats aren't made public so that's all moot.
So if Oates make a 70 metre break and passes to Hunt to run 5m and score.. Ben Hunt has 75m gained? Come on mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.