Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Oates make a 70 metre break and passes to Hunt to run 5m and score.. Ben Hunt has 75m gained? Come on mate

No, according to SF hunt would be credited with 5m and Oates nothing. So a 75m try would go down as 5m. Which is even more ridiculous.

So if Oates make a 70 metre break and passes to Hunt to run 5m and score.. Ben Hunt has 75m gained? Come on mate

No, according to SF hunt would be credited with 5m and Oates nothing. So a 75m try would go down as 5m. Which is even more ridiculous.

I would suggest the both of you actually go and check the stats.

There are a countless amount of examples that confirm that is actually the case. I posted one above.

Didn't you ever wonder why your forwards were just short of a FT in SVRL? That's why.

Dummy halves run with the ball quite a bit before passing it, but they are never given that run and metres unless they are tackled with the ball.

I think it's different if a line break is included, but if all the running happens before the line, and the ball is passed before hitting the line, it's zero metres.

The running metre stats are all over the shop. It's impossible to get them accurate because when the ball is passed it must go backwards. So you have a hypothetical where on a deep backline play each player runs 5 metres, passes it back 5 metres, that players runs then passes etc, the result would be 4-5 players would be credited with 5 metres each (therefore 25 running metres for the team), yet the team actually makes zero metres of territory.

I would suggest the both of you actually go and check the stats.

There are a countless amount of examples that confirm that is actually the case. I posted one above.

Didn't you ever wonder why your forwards were just short of a FT in SVRL? That's why.

Dummy halves run with the ball quite a bit before passing it, but they are never given that run and metres unless they are tackled with the ball.

I'm sorry I have checked the stats and I just can't agree. It just doesn't make sense. A team's run metres would be way down.

Further to that your example proved the opposite. FT are made up of hitups and run metres. That is why you will be just short sometimes with numbers like 11/140 because they have run those metres but passed before the tackle, getting the metres but not the hitups.

I think it's different if a line break is included, but if all the running happens before the line, and the ball is passed before hitting the line, it's zero metres.

The running metre stats are all over the shop. It's impossible to get them accurate because when the ball is passed it must go backwards. So you have a hypothetical where on a deep backline play each player runs 5 metres, passes it back 5 metres, that players runs then passes etc, the result would be 4-5 players would be credited with 5 metres each (therefore 25 running metres for the team), yet the team actually makes zero metres of territory.

I'm not denying that passes before the line attribute 0 metres. I am disputing the claim that if you run 20 metres forward but pass it you get no metres attributed. That is just wrong, I am sorry, but it's wrong.

I'm sorry I have checked the stats and I just can't agree. It just doesn't make sense. A team's run metres would be way down.

Further to that your example proved the opposite. FT are made up of hitups and run metres. That is why you will be just short sometimes with numbers like 11/140 because they have run those metres but passed before the tackle, getting the metres but not the hitups.
I'm pretty sure team run metres is done purely on territory gained and is independent of player running metres.

Why are we arguing about this, Adam blair was shit this year no excuses. No prop or captain should run for 42 metres in a World Cup quarter final. I'm glad he's gone.

Except, it's not true.

Metes gained is metres gained.

The issue may be you are using a bad source for stats.

Serious coaching staff use actual metres gained stats and this number equals (believe it or not) actual metres gained.
Not to mention the metres made off the ball. Of that Blair makes almost as much as a fullback would to a winger in terms of comparison of him v other types of forward's. At least in D

The player receiving the ball from the pass will be attributed the 1 metre or more depending on whether he makes any more metres after hitting the line.

But when it comes to the person passing the ball? They will not receive the run and metres.

This is why when it comes to Fantasy, don't pick a forward that passes a lot..

Korbin Sims had 14 possessions against the Sharks in Round 1, 2017 but he was only given 12 runs. He also had 1 pass and 1 offload to his name.

That's one example.
They get run meters, not hit-up meters.

Correct, the amount of meters counted is the total distance between the PTB's. A forward will not get hit-up meters if he passes the ball, but the total meters for the play is correct, often with the player playing the ball receiving the bulk of those meters, even if he didn't turn them.
This doesn't apply to line-breaks, where players get cumulative meters.

Cameron Cullen and Jayden Nikorima back in the Broncos feeder clubs.

Attachments

• IMG_3790.PNG
    IMG_3790.PNG
    91.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3791.PNG
    IMG_3791.PNG
    161.2 KB · Views: 122
I know it's unlikely Cullen will come back, but I genuinely enjoyed watching him play a bit of first grade. He's not a bad kid and could he very hand as a hooker/half back-up.

I know it's unlikely Cullen will come back, but I genuinely enjoyed watching him play a bit of first grade. He's not a bad kid and could he very hand as a hooker/half back-up.

I rate him highly. Would be the best option as our bench utility.

I think Bennett will have a word with Jayden when he returns to QLD.

Cullen was always my favourite in the u20’s and it is interesting he did so well at halfback in the NSW Cup. Hope he gets a shot if not this year the next

Yeah he’s spent time at hooker, halfback and five eighth would be a great utility.

Excellent dummy as well

I think Bennett will have a word with Jayden when he returns to QLD.

Jayden doesn't interest me as much anymore. He's just a bit of an idiot. Loves the party scene too much. Have heard too many stories about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Alec
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Wild Horse
  • Foordy
  • mrslong
  • jarro65
  • Bish
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncosarethebest
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.