Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that Boyd is done before 2020 ..(please)

I've been saying for a while now, I think Boyd will pull up stumps at the end of the year. No reasoning, it's a gut feeling I can't shake

I've been saying for a while now, I think Boyd will pull up stumps at the end of the year. No reasoning, it's a gut feeling I can't shake

It’s a gut feeling I hope is right.

It’s a gut feeling I hope is right.

Considering Bennett’s plan assumingly happens and he steps down after next year, it makes sense for Darius to follow. He retires and we get the cash to upgrade/sign a half with Isaako locked in at FB

If Boyd and Oates go then who will our wingers be? I guess Pearson on one side but what about the other? Going off zerotackles dodgy contracts the only half-decent wingers on the market are Robert Jennings, Tyrone Phillips and George Jennings.

I am hoping Boyd retires this year as well, I love the guy but he doesn't have anything about him anymore, he just offers that sweeping backline ball playing fullback, Isaako would pose a genuine threat on kick receptions and he's also been clutch a few times for us this year

It would also give us some extra space in the cap to help re-sign some of these boom young forwards

Is any other club as happy as we are resigning our own players.

They hate seeing us re-sign our own, especially when they're potential superstars

The facebook backlash has been epic, you know.. the usual accusations of rorting the cap, despite the fact we're losing players this year, if Newcastle sign a player it's all about how good they're looking going forward, it makes me laugh every time

Awesome. Haas and Isaako Locked down. Now we just need some good news about TPJ, Oates and Su’A and the future looks very bright.

I expect us to lose one of these 3, I don't think we can keep all 3

I expect us to lose one of these 3, I don't think we can keep all 3
We arent losing tpj. Outside of cherry evans when was the last time a player PUBLICLY stated he would sign or re-sign with a club before not doing it. There may have been 1 or 2 over the years (?) but its a massive PR gamble and would potentially cost him more money then any deal would make him. Unless it was a club the media hate, oh shi....... hes gone

If Boyd and Oates go then who will our wingers be? I guess Pearson on one side but what about the other? Going off zerotackles dodgy contracts the only half-decent wingers on the market are Robert Jennings, Tyrone Phillips and George Jennings.

It’s a fair point but it would be Pearson and Kahu. Who the back up would be though, that’s anyone’s guess. Shibasaki? Opacic?

And that Boyd is done before 2020 ..(please)

Will be GLAD if he's done by 2018. Some mysterious injury that can be diagnosed but can't be cured within next 3 years. :yikes: Medical Retirement perhaps?

Last edited:
Will be GLAD if he's done by 2018. Some mysterious injury that can be diagnosed but can't be cured within next 3 years. :yikes: Medical Retirement perhaps?

Bit harsh to wish injury on one of the best players out of qld in the modern times.

It’s a fair point but it would be Pearson and Kahu. Who the back up would be though, that’s anyone’s guess. Shibasaki? Opacic?

Shibasaki maybe, Opacic I doubt.

I totally forgot about Kahu so that answers that but he will be in a bit of strife if there is an injury.

That’s par for the course with most Broncos fans unfortunately. Not the first person on here to wish injury on Boyd or another player and you can guarantee not the last.

Most Broncos fans?

Get real.

Bit harsh to wish injury on one of the best players out of qld in the modern times.

I agree that I am bit harsh but, it's the fact that being our Captain, I want him to channel our young guys & lead them from the front. He's not doing any of it either with his own performance or by motivating the playing group.

I want to see Boyd of 2015 where in he involves himself in most sets and is electric. Surely, the hammies are playing on his mind but he's a shadow of himself which, I hate.

I hope I will be proven wrong for the rest of the season. But hey, all my intentions are - I want Broncos to WIN no matter who we play against. Let's WIN'EM ALL from this Friday.

I am being real, read the FB fan groups and LU and get real yourself.

Or you could not read social media garbage and then categorize what you read as representative of some 'majority'. Your prerogative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • jd87
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.