Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on zerotackle saying a swap deal with norman and oates is happening! Hahaha surely not !

After my laughing subsided as well...I thought...you know what...this might actually be possible. The Broncs don't want to lose Oates but Parra is a good fit for Oates...as a winger. He can do a Radradra for them in getting their sets off to ridiculous starts. They can also promise him a start in the second-row before him playing wing again from round 1.

The Broncs get a playmaker on the cheap as well, maybe at half his current wage. I hope this doesn't happen but it isn't as far-fetched as it might at first sound.

After my laughing subsided as well...I thought...you know what...this might actually be possible. The Broncs don't want to lose Oates but Parra is a good fit for Oates...as a winger. He can do a Radradra for them in getting their sets off to ridiculous starts. They can also promise him a start in the second-row before him playing wing again from round 1.

The Broncs get a playmaker on the cheap as well, maybe at half his current wage. I hope this doesn't happen but it isn't as far-fetched as it might at first sound.

Corey for Corey. Could be just a story

There could be some reason to it , but would be a pretty big gamble. Unless oates has every intention on leaving.

Someone on zerotackle saying a swap deal with norman and oates is happening! Hahaha surely not !
How could a swap deal happen when oates is off contract anyway.

I could imagine the conversation going like this

Paul white: “we want you to go to parramatta mr oates so we can get norman”

Oates: “**** off i will go where i want”

Last edited:
If Wayne can sit down with him and get him to drop the ego then sure, he could be a premiership winning HB for us, but if he comes here with his current attitude he could break apart our close knit group of young guys and that's not a risk I'd be willing to take for a spoon winning half (unless, like I said, he's actively willing to buy into our culture). I'm also not sure I'd want to hand him over the playmaking reins straight up with the way that Milf has been kicking and playing as a half of late, and it looks like he needs that to happen to be good judging by his recent disastrous showings with Moses.
I didn't say in my post that I want him at the broncos was just putting down my points that in my opinion he is far superior to Moses (who I also don't want at the broncos).

Like you I also think he doesn't really suit Milf. Milf would be suited by having a Green or Taylor next to him... someone that can guide them around and give him the ball when he needs/wants it.

Unfortunately those halves are difficult to find at present. Most halves like that also want to be the number one man (Norman and Moses being prime examples).

I've mentioned many times that I see Milf developing nicely into dominant half (just needs to get into first receiver more and play some heads up footy). If he achieves that his halves partner becomes a lot easier as a kodi or any dynamic running half can be put next to him

There is another Moses in play that’s pulling a lot of strings for Corey. And it ain’t Mitchell!
Isaac Moses trying to get his client the hell out of dodge I'd say

Yeah , sorry for the non explanation.
Dunno to me they might be a little too similar at the moment. I think Taylor would do well playing as a Green type half inside a strong attacking half for a few years.

It would take the pressure off him having to be the main attacking option and allow him to learn his game a little bit more. His kicking is strong, but he's become pretty one dimensional with it and can still be found spraying them out on the full. He may be a strike weapon but I havent really seen it consistently at this stage.

I don't think Taylor has progressed as much as most would've expected by now and he needs to add more strings to his bow, which is difficult when you're already the highest paid player on the team and it's success is almost dependent on him generating the points.

Had Taylor come back to the broncos I think he'd be in a much better position football wise. Milf is screaming for a halfback to allow him to play as a Keary type 6, but it hasn't happened and to his credit he is developing nicely into more of a halfback. Should bode very well for milf and the broncs in the future

Last edited:
Dunno to me they might be a little too similar at the moment. I think Taylor would do well playing as a Green type half inside a strong attacking half for a few years.

It would take the pressure off him having to be the main attacking option and allow him to learn his game a little bit more. His kicking is strong, but he's become pretty one dimensional with it and can still be found spraying them out on the full. He may be a strike weapon but I havent really seen it consistently at this stage.

I don't think Taylor has progressed as much as most would've expected by now and he needs to add more strings to his bow, which is difficult when you're already the highest paid player on the team and it's success is almost dependent on him generating the points.

Had Taylor come back to the broncos I think he'd be in a much better position football wise. Milf is screaming for a halfback to allow him to play as a Keary type 6, but it hasn't happened and to his credit he is developing nicely into more of a halfback. Should bode very well for milf and the broncs in the future

I think he needs a old head next to him , bit like milf . But you're right he hasn't gone to another level yet .

I think he needs a old head next to him , bit like milf . But you're right he hasn't gone to another level yet .
100% agree that he needs that experienced half next to him just to give him a bit of time to look up at the line and find the spot to attack.

From memory he didn't play much ISC, if any at all, so he came basically straight into grade and then almost instantly became titans go to man and now has a rookie coach.

From the outside it appears he's had very little exposure from old heads around him to learn off

Last edited:
So how are we going with those O'Sullivan negotiations? Sign him up, promote him to halfback, have Nikorima play bench hooker. Forwards all have another year of experience too.

Cooper last night commented on Oates recent post on Instagram, is the Brisbane boat sponsor sweet with you moving to Townsville, and Oates liked it. thought id just throw it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.