Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 20mill per day? Lol
Truth is, we don't know what Bird is on. Don't know what $$$ Munster would want to join the Broncs with the premiership('s) window we have in the next 2 to 5 years either.
It's NRL... Anything could happen!

Thing with Munster is that the Storm will match anything any club throws at them now with Slater hanging them up and Smith soon to as well. He is their marquee player now. A bit like getting Morgan out of the cowboys, its going to be near impossible unless the player falls out with the coach or playing group. Much like it is with Milford with us.
Instead of trying to sign a Cam Munster, scour the junior ranks and get our own Munster and then marquee the **** outta him

Moved mid 2016- Raiders let him go. They had halves covered they thought.

Seems like a window to me... oh wait we had halves covered so well didn’t even need a backup or plan b at that point for next five years.... 1 fullback, 2x 5/8 or hookers all can be manufactured to play together as halves right? Not like our halfback had shell shock or anything at that time....

Munster is so over-rated.

Mixed feelings on this one. Used as a fullback should be great. Like Milf he’s only in early 20s and is a runner not an organisational half. With a Cronk and Smith next to him who cares. Once he gets closer to 30 will slow down and have to learn to add some more game management and be a more rounded 6 but why waste everyone’s time trying to manufacture it before he’s ready. Better to build a pattern of success and then let him develop more skills on the back of this.

Storm next year imagine something like...
1. Munster
6. Jacks
7. Croft
9. Smith
14. B Smith

They really need a more match winning 6 or 7 to be complete but still looks better than our spine....

Last edited:
Seems like a window to me... oh wait we had halves covered so well didn’t even need a backup or plan b at that point for next five years.... 1 fullback, 2x 5/8 or hookers all can be manufactured to play together as halves right? Not like our halfback had shell shock or anything at that time....

You can’t just say we should’ve signed every young player that eventually show d some form.

Mixed feelings on this one. Used as a fullback should be great. Like Milf he’s only in early 20s and is a runner not an organisational half. With a Cronk and Smith next to him who cares. Once he gets closer to 30 will slow down and have to learn to add some more game management and be a more rounded 6 but why waste everyone’s time trying to manufacture it before he’s ready. Better to build a pattern of success and then let him develop more skills on the back of this.

Storm next year imagine something like...
1. Munster
6. Jacks
7. Croft
9. Smith
14. B Smith

They really need a more match winning 6 or 7 to be complete but still looks better than our spine....

Take C Smith out of that spine and tell mw with a straight face it even looks close to as good as ours.

Let's see a bit more than a few games before we declare him as the future immortal that we missed. He has looked good in his first few games playing with zero pressure because their season was already over when he debuted. Like countless other debutants that either disappear or plateau.

I think the most annoying thing in the NRL is the over-reactions to rookies and the "how did they miss him" rubbish.

Were you raving about him in 2016 saying he was a must sign for every NRL club? Or was he a NSWRL player moving clubs mid season after being cut and then playing NSWRL for another two years?

You can’t just say we should’ve signed every young player that eventually show d some form.

Absolutely not but given we haven’t developed a halfback in 20 odd years (and kept them) is an area that requires attention wouldn’t u agree?

Take C Smith out of that spine and tell mw with a straight face it even looks close to as good as ours.

That wasn’t the statement. C Smith was part of the package. Having said that once C Smith retires they might still do better than us. Their halfback and backup hooker look to have higher ceilings than ours and Munster will likely develop. Plus C Smith will likely be transitioned to coaching there. Then have a spare 1.2 mill + boats to throw at any gaps... all ifs and maybes I acknowledge but they’ve developed and retained a lot more talent in spine this century than we have.

Were you raving about him in 2016 saying he was a must sign for every NRL club? Or was he a NSWRL player moving clubs mid season after being cut and then playing NSWRL for another two years?

No I have a thing called a career that prevents me watching every nsw cup game I’m afraid. Broncs employ these people called talent scouts that are meant to do this for a living. While all other clubs do too Broncs have far more cash, systems of development and prestige then most other clubs supposedly. Agree u can’t sign them all but FFS one or two that go on isn’t too much to ask especially when everyone is going on about how no halves in the game anymore and have a bunch of NRL ‘halves’ in Broncs jerseys confused who should be wearing the 6 jersey. I’m not talking about just the last couple years either. Aside from Locky (who despite being a junior half still took a year or two to be manufactured into a controlling 5/8) who was the last genuine high level half we developed and retained? was it Alf and Kevvie?

No I have a thing called a career that prevents me watching every nsw cup game I’m afraid. Broncs employ these people called talent scouts that are meant to do this for a living. While all other clubs do too Broncs have far more cash, systems of development and prestige then most other clubs supposedly. Agree u can’t sign them all but FFS one or two that go on isn’t too much to ask especially when everyone is going on about how no halves in the game anymore and have a bunch of NRL ‘halves’ in Broncs jerseys confused who should be wearing the 6 jersey. I’m not talking about just the last couple years either. Aside from Locky (who despite being a junior half still took a year or two to be manufactured into a controlling 5/8) who was the last genuine high level half we developed and retained? was it Alf and Kevvie?

The premiership winning legend that is Shane perry

On 100 percent footy there is a rumour that a Queensland team is chasing Munster . They will reveal which club today. Any chance its Broncos
Some people commented that we get rid of bird and get him

On 100 percent footy there is a rumour that a Queensland team is chasing Munster . They will reveal which club today. Any chance its Broncos

He's too similar to Milford really. It would be like the Kodi situation again.

He'd be a good fit for the Titans though.

He's too similar to Milford really. It would be like the Kodi situation again.

He'd be a good fit for the Titans though.

I totally agree but how about fullback can he work at Broncos
1. Munster
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4 . Boyd
5. Isakko
6 . Milford
7. O Sullivan
14. Nikorima

Ive heard previously the cowboys were after him. Would make sense if holmes was out of the picture for them

I totally agree but how about fullback can he work at Broncos
1. Munster
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4 . Boyd
5. Isakko
6 . Milford
7. O Sullivan
14. Nikorima

Hmm, that would be pretty good actually. I dunno if he wants to be a fullback though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • MrMoore
  • Justwin
  • davidp
  • Tim K
  • ell.d33
  • lakers133334
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.