Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Bennett move Boyd from fullback for Folau?

Nope. You'd think we'd sign him as a centre though. Not that I think it's happening btw

There are alot of rumours floating around that we will be signing either Merrin or Folau.

I hope it's Folau.

Folau is worth the money, Merrin is not.

We don't need another nuffie in the forward pack. We could use another x-factor, though.

I would put him at left centre. As good as Copley is, he is nothing compared to Folau. He can go on the wing and take over right centre when Hodges retires.

Last edited:
I'd take Folau in a heartbeat but that's a lot of cash for a Centre. We all know he won't be playing fullback. He would play fullback at Parra.

I hope it's Folau.

Folau is worth the money, Merrin is not.

We don't need another nuffie in the forward pack. We could use another x-factor, though.

I would put him at left centre. As good as Copley is, he is nothing compared to Folau.

You think Merrin is a nuffie? He's not as good as Parker, but he's one of the best middle forwards in the NRL. Definitely Top 10.

A man of principle who has broken 2 of his most recent contracts. Sure thing.

Souths the first time went to Brothers.
Raiders signed for 4 years only stayed one
Broncos was signed till '09 left 12 months early.

Aren't Hodges, CP13 and Thaiday all due to retire in 2016 anyway (I reckon CP13 will go around for a couple more seasons afterwards)? I can definitely see it happening if two of those three retire.

You think Merrin is a nuffie? He's not as good as Parker, but he's one of the best middle forwards in the NRL. Definitely Top 10.

Perhaps nuffie wasn't the best way to describe him.

I just don't rate him as highly as a lot of people on here. I think he is overrated and isn't worth the money we would have to spend.

Parker and Thaiday will probably go on but I can't see Hodges doing so.

Perhaps nuffie wasn't the best way to describe him.

I just don't rate him as highly as a lot of people on here. I think he is overrated and isn't worth the money we would have to spend.

Agreed, too much like Thaiday for my liking when it comes to consistency at club level and certainly not worth the price tag his seeking.

You couldn't pay Folau the money he will demand to plonk him in the centres.

Agreed, too much like Thaiday for my liking when it comes to consistency at club level and certainly not worth the price tag his seeking.

Can't agree with that, he's pretty damn consistent at club level. Extremely valuable. Nothing like Thaiday.

0% chance we sign either of those players for 2015, don't even dream about it guys.

We have no need for Merrin now anyway, he's a good player, but we literally just signed Blair.

Folau will be asking ridiculous money, which we don't have, and he'd be wasted playing anywhere other than Fullback, and once again, we literally just signed Boyd.

Folau will be asking ridiculous money, which we don't have, and he'd be wasted playing anywhere other than Fullback, and once again, we literally just signed Boyd.
I know people are going to disagree with this point of view, but Falou, from what I've seen in his time in Union, doesn't have the best passing game going around. He's one of the best, if not the best, running backs in the world, but he suffers a bit from Hoffman syndrome (obviously not as severe as old mate Josh). Now that's fine, players like Dugan prove that there is a spot for such a player in the spine, but I think he'd be more destructive in the centres if came back, at least initially. If he dominated at FB then we could easily shift Boyd into the centres, Hodges will probably be gone by 2016.

Contracts aren't worth much in the NRL these days. Just ship Boyd and Blair back to where they came from and get those two...

Simples! :takdir:

Contracts aren't worth much in the NRL these days. Just ship Boyd and Blair back to where they came from and get those two...

Simples! :takdir:

Yeah ship Boyd back to Brisbane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Old Mate
  • Lurker
  • Fatboy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.