Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ship Boyd back to Brisbane!

20140320061438!Facepalm_2.jpg

Contracts aren't worth much in the NRL these days. Just ship Boyd and Blair back to where they came from and get those two...

Simples! :takdir:

Salary cap? What salary cap?

Souths the first time went to Brothers.
Raiders signed for 4 years only stayed one
Broncos was signed till '09 left 12 months early.

1910 I am not having a go at you, you are just stating the facts. I am more responding to Qlder.

My take on this is that Wayne has always treated coaching as his business. In the commercial world people break contracts or seek to re-negotiate contracts regularly. It would be nice if we could all be misty eyed about how principled we are, but that does not always fly in the real world. I know myself that if I were tied to a contract but a much better opportunity came up I would do everything I could within the law to take up that opportunity. It really is just business on both sides.

The moves that he has made appear to be motivated by two things, firstly leaving to take up a better opportunity, whether it be financially better, or greater prospect of earlier success, or convenience (living back in Brisbane). Secondly, Wayne has always appeared to have a healthy ego, and from my perspective he usually jumps before he is pushed so he always leaves on his terms. I have no issue with either and if a person remains consistently true to themselves in the way they operate, I can respect that.

I can understand when people claim WB is treating coaching as a business. But then if he is why doesn't he use the wrestle like other teams?

Seems like an odd place to draw the line. Coach will go elsewhere for more money but he won't incorporate a huge part of today's game into the teams gameplan.

Out of interest, where would you plonk him?

I'd think fullback. He needs to have the ball as much as possible. His kick returns and skill under the high ball are too good to waste in the centres.

I can understand when people claim WB is treating coaching as a business. But then if he is why doesn't he use the wrestle like other teams?

Seems like an odd place to draw the line. Coach will go elsewhere for more money but he won't incorporate a huge part of today's game into the teams gameplan.

That confuses the dichotomy between WB's personal interests and the interests of the game as a whole. From what I have observed of him he does care about how the game is actually played and perceived, and because of that he does not support the wrestle aspect because he appears to regard it as damaging the fundamental fabric of the game. Whereas whether WB buggers off before a contract ends to cop more money elsewhere or get to sleep in his own bed at night, does not fundamentally impact upon those fundamental aspects of the game.

That's true but WB has also said that the player transfers that go on mid contract is a Rort and a bad look for the game but he has said he's not going to be disadvantaged so participates in it.

I just find it strange where he will and won't draw the line in the sand.

Wait, people think Bennetts teams don't wrestle? Now I've heard it all lol.

Wait, people think Bennetts teams don't wrestle? Now I've heard it all lol.

Yep I'm completely with AP on this one. What makes people think that. Bennett has said he doesn't like the wrestle, not that he won't do it. You only have to watch his teams to know that they wrestle, and wrestle pretty well

Didn't one of our players in an interview the other week say "Yeah, we just came from a wrestling session".. Can't remember who it was, maybe Gavet.

Didn't one of our players in an interview the other week say "Yeah, we just came from a wrestling session".. Can't remember who it was, maybe Gavet.

Uh oh, they have let the cat out of the bag... now the whole comp will know we wrestle

You guys need to get your eyes checked.

Read what Ari said again paying particular attention to '...like other teams' That doesn't mean Bennett doesn't use wrestling at all, just not to the extent of other teams.

And that's absolutely true and a major reason why the Knights were terrible and why the Broncos struggled around the ruck area.

It's all for another thread really. As far as the trade window is concerned, yeah, it's pretty stupid in it's current form but if the NRL want to do something about it, they'll need to think long and hard about the right measures otherwise clubs will continue to find loop-holes.

Looks like a poor mans Evan Fournier hair cut.

hi-res-141d3d96e11f74d847a1d241d494b583_crop_north.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.