Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Quick reminder that Billy Walters is 26 and isn't particularly good. If we think he's some saving grace, we've got another thing coming. Milford & Dearden are significantly better.
Has literally anyone at all called him a 'saving grace' ?

With O'Sullivan and Gamble gone he would basically just be some emergency coverage in the squad in the Halves or even Dummy Half at a pinch. Absolutely no problem with taking him on at a low wage in this capacity whatsoever.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
If we assumed Dearden and Milford are starting, then that would only leave Croft and Paix as potential Half coverage at this stage. Once you factor in Paix being progressively manufactured into a Dummy Half it really only leaves Croft and I guess at a pinch Asiata as well.

When you view it like that, a signing like Walters as a bit of depth suddenly makes plenty of sense. If it still hasn't sold you then I urge you to watch the back half of 2019 when injuries meant we had to play Boyd and Turpin in our Halves. Let's not go down that path again hey.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Yep he's still there.
His old man reckons he has a deal for another year.
NRL.com had an article saying he'd been offered a deal for next season pending the paperwork being signed so it does sound like he might be a Bronco in 2021. It's odd that he's been taken off the website though if he has a deal for next year given they've gone to the trouble of adding guys like Copley and removing Offa and Jack Bird etc.

It would be classic Broncos stuff for us to just forget we'd signed him though or not bothered to let the social media staff know about it.

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
NRL.com had an article saying he'd been offered a deal for next season pending the paperwork being signed so it does sound like he might be a Bronco in 2021. It's odd that he's been taken off the website though if he has a deal for next year given they've gone to the trouble of adding guys like Copley and removing Offa and Jack Bird etc.

It would be classic Broncos stuff for us to just forget we'd signed him though or not bothered to let the social media staff know about it.
Media team: "so any news on the signing front for us to promote?"
R&R:"well we've just re-signed Gamble"
Media:"who's that again?"
R&R:"the guy that got knocked out in the first tackle last year"
Media:"... so no highlight reel to put with the news then??"

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Why don't we make a song about the tackle.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Are you suggesting the Broncos need me now? I guess I could do some work on the side for them

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
It would be more like us to have simply forgotten to press record on the highlight reel.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I'll ask him about that when i go to work tonight.
It was way back in 2016. He told me his son's name and I told him I'd remember it. I hope Tyson gets more game time for Broncos. I have a feeling Kev would see the value in him. He used to be in all the rep teams alongside Milford, Taylor, Nikorima etc

Last edited:
something

something

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2015
Are you suggesting the Broncos need me now? I guess I could do some work on the side for them

As far as highlight reels go ... That one is pretty bad. 80% of his try assists from kicks was just the opposition fumbling.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
As far as highlight reels go ... That one is pretty bad. 80% of his try assists from kicks was just the opposition fumbling.

Atleast Gamble has some highlights from last year.

And I don't particularly agree with you about the highlights.. I think he shows a lot in them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Clintos
  • RolledOates
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • Big Del
  • pennywisealfie
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.