Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
pass on Special K...that ship sailed a long time ago....thanx for the memoreis etc...but lets leave it at that shall we Karmichael..?

No risk other than taking our youngsters out for a jaunt on the GC for some coke with some bikies (we already have TPJ for that).

He will be fine. Doesnt say much for some of these blokes if they are that easily led anyway.

I just see him as a nothing player - he's made 9 apps since 2017. He's coming off an Achilles injury. We have limited spots on our roster and I don't see what value signing a bit part journeyman adds to our team.

I don't really care that he's a good bloke if he adds nothing to the side. I'm a good bloke and in no way suited to play for us - give me the money.
Put a few highlights of you starring in the backyard and you are sure to get a gig with someone :-)

Put a few highlights of you starring in the backyard and you are sure to get a gig with someone :-)

Get @upthebroncs on to it, he probably knows where it is already.

I just see him as a nothing player - he's made 9 apps since 2017. He's coming off an Achilles injury. We have limited spots on our roster and I don't see what value signing a bit part journeyman adds to our team.

I don't really care that he's a good bloke if he adds nothing to the side. I'm a good bloke and in no way suited to play for us - give me the money.
Fair enough. Assuming he’s fit enough I would consider him as a bottom dollar depth signing.

What do we all think about Ben Nakubuwai then? Is he on a train and trial deal at the moment? Should he be in the squad?

He will be fine. Doesnt say much for some of these blokes if they are that easily led anyway.
I think that's the point though, isn't it? We don't have any leadership at the Broncos, no senior player demanding his way or the highway. Demanding players step up, demanding effort, leading from the front.

Let's get real here.

Glenn seems like a nice bloke.....maybe too nice?
Carrigan is young, might be the GOAT, time will tell.
Lodge has a history and is still earning his stripes. Again, time will tell.
Oates should be a leader, he's been around long enough, but he's not.
Offa had police trouble, stupid stuff really. He's not a problem any more.
Staggs had issues this past year, not really his fault but again, he put himself in a compromising situation. I hope he learns from it and is a bronco for a long time.
Milf is definitely not a leader.
Isaako at times last year was not first grade material, like a lot of the Broncos.
TPJ is dumb
Haas is dumb based on some of the stuff i've read
Croft is young and not showing much leadership.
Macca is solid at best, same with Copley.
Turps, maybe
Asiata, maybe

Everyone else is either that new that they aren't worth mentioning (Flegler, Coates, Niu etc)

If we really think adding Hunt to the mix with his checkered fairly recent history, is what we need, then I have even more concerns. We have current players who appeared to bag the broncos on social media, everyone is out for a buck and an upgrade. There doesn't seem to be anyone demanding standards and a jersey first mentality.

I'd rather we took another punt on the still unsigned Benji Marshall for 2021 as a role model and leader in the locker room if he is injured or not cutting it, than someone like Hunt.

I think that's the point though, isn't it? We don't have any leadership at the Broncos, no senior player demanding his way or the highway. Demanding players step up, demanding effort, leading from the front.

Let's get real here.

Glenn seems like a nice bloke.....maybe too nice?
Carrigan is young, might be the GOAT, time will tell.
Lodge has a history and is still earning his stripes. Again, time will tell.
Oates should be a leader, he's been around long enough, but he's not.
Offa had police trouble, stupid stuff really. He's not a problem any more.
Staggs had issues this past year, not really his fault but again, he put himself in a compromising situation. I hope he learns from it and is a bronco for a long time.
Milf is definitely not a leader.
Isaako at times last year was not first grade material, like a lot of the Broncos.
TPJ is dumb
Haas is dumb based on some of the stuff i've read
Croft is young and not showing much leadership.
Macca is solid at best, same with Copley.
Turps, maybe
Asiata, maybe

Everyone else is either that new that they aren't worth mentioning (Flegler, Coates, Niu etc)

If we really think adding Hunt to the mix with his checkered fairly recent history, is what we need, then I have even more concerns. We have current players who appeared to bag the broncos on social media, everyone is out for a buck and an upgrade. There doesn't seem to be anyone demanding standards and a jersey first mentality.

I'd rather we took another punt on the still unsigned Benji Marshall for 2021 as a role model and leader in the locker room if he is injured or not cutting it, than someone like Hunt.
You are describing our recruitment retainments irresponsibility to a tee. I am hoping Whites replacement, who ever they are, will understand this situation and above all deal with it as a matter of urgency.

I suspect in his heart the Broncos are still his home. I honestly think leadership and some responsibility would bring out the best in him. Someone advising him should really be sitting him down and saying in no uncertain terms that this is probably his last chance to make a career out of post football life if he can finish his playing career on a good note at a high profile place like the Broncos.

A boost in his profile and respect amongst the general public before he retires might well do wonders to help him earn a non football role after retirement or even be the stepping stone into a Coaching career if that's what he aspires too.

Mole reporting Paix is on the Bulldogs radar and Dragons have said no to Lodge

I'd love to know what they've seen of Paix to have them sniffing around. He's a thoroughly unfinished project at best at this stage and it seems bizarre that with no Queensland Cup last season that they liked what they saw in Broncos colours enough to want a shot at him.

The Mole is getting less and less credible all the time now.

I think Moley has forgotten to do his research... or at least forgot to check NRL contracts (you know the bare minimum)... given Paix isn't off contract until the end of 22.

I get it half our roster is off contract at the end of this year so there was a low risk he'd **** up with picking any random young Broncos player, but you could do the bare minimum before spewing some bullshit

I'd love to know what they've seen of Paix to have them sniffing around. He's a thoroughly unfinished project at best at this stage and it seems bizarre that with no Queensland Cup last season that they liked what they saw in Broncos colours enough to want a shot at him.

The Mole is getting less and less credible all the time now.
Dogs desperately need a hooker + Broncos players generate clicks = an 'article'

It's not even good click bait given Paix still requires a lot of development and hasn't really shown anything in first grade as yet (like you mention), but I guess they can flog the old "Cooper Cronk clone Cory Paix". Editors must love that alliteration!!

Last edited:

It's not even good click bait given Paix still requires a lot of development and hasn't really shown anything in first grade as yet (like you mention), but I guess they can flog the old "Cooper Cronk clone Cory Paix". Editors must love that alliteration!!
I rate paix. I thought he did well when he played. I would have him in the 17. I would keep luke and would play paix and turpin with Macca as backup.

Yeah I get they need a Dummy Half, but Paix is a long way short of that at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Robboi_321
  • sooticus
  • Broncojim
  • Fozz
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Maroon4life
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • whykickamoocow
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.