Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Releasing him frees up a bunch of money that we can use to front-end contracts. If we ask nicely, we can pay James Maloney while he's still at his current club, before he gets here, which will free up future money for Tedesco & Cronk and then SBW.

T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020
Titans also have a full roster according to Fox Sports. so they'd need to axe someone for Cam Smith
Titans have only got 29. Jojo Fifita is on a development contract and Fox Sports have included him in the top 30.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Getting the band back together lol
Im half expecting ben barba to pop up at some point
Macca offered enough to Newcastle to show he can still play and he can offer them the same thing we need.
Perhaps that means a transition to helping off the field rather than purely playing for 3 seasons. After all, injury retirement seems to be new trick for securing older players without paying a big deal on the salary cap. Look at inglis or smith.
So long as their futures are looked after they are quite willing to do so. I think we could have been thinking that way with macca but at George went out and did it while fluffed around.
I suspect the new CEO can "work" something out if we really want to keep him. He did run the storm after all.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Releasing him frees up a bunch of money that we can use to front-end contracts. If we ask nicely, we can pay James Maloney while he's still at his current club, before he gets here, which will free up future money for Tedesco & Cronk and then SBW.
Reckon we could afford Crichton too?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Anyone else sick of reading shit like this?

Every second day there's a new club trying to poach one of our only good players, it's actually absurd. We're the wooden spoon team guys, give us a break.

I'm not sure Badel knows the meaning of the word "Exclusive"

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Then we can re-brand to be called the north Bondi broncos

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I hear the argument that letting him walk doesnt really help the club in the short term but if we held onto him only to leave in reserves for an occasional start you are really saying to rest of the club "look after yourselves because we won't".

there have been reports that Macca was not only likely to start, but also in the running for captain.

here is what Walters said:

“Like a lot of our players who are off-contract, we want to see them play some football and then we will go from there,” Walters said.

“Andrew is no different. I want him to play the football I know he is capable of and if he does that, he puts himself in the frame to get a new deal."

translation: They sucked last season ... so now, we'll wait and see how they go before committing to new deals

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

Every second day there's a new club trying to poach one of our only good players, it's actually absurd. We're the wooden spoon team guys, give us a break.

I used to get frustrated and read all these articles. Haven't done so for the last year. I honestly believe I would have a higher chance of getting a dartboard with photos of every player on it and throwing a dart at it with my eyes closed and Id get the player leaving ratio higher then these guys. Occasionally they're right, might even be some truth to it, but id also hit the dartboard occasionally.

Also, I really don't care if ANY of the plàyers leave anymore. Good players or not, they were ALL part of the most abysmal team in our history and won us our first wooden spoon. They ALL played a part, if they want to get into a bidding war with us I got my believe they can do so walking out the club door with a wooden spoon up their ass.

Also, we need to stop investing in youth. There aren't premierships in it. **** these ungrateful spoon winning losers. For all the hate and blame at seibold and white (deservedly so) the plàyers were the ones who put in the pissweak performances week after week. There attitudes were shocking and the way half of them have obviously got their managers to put the feelers out in the media shows their arrogance hasn't changed... we could lose Haas, staggs and fucking Coates TOMORROW and we still couldn't be worse then last year WHEN WE HAD THEM IN THE TEAM...

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Doubt that is even true about the tits , they desperately need a nine not another big $$ x factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • mrslong
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.