Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that in the final* game of the rebuild year Kevvie has chosen to field five players (Martin, Gamble, Turpin, Hosking, Kennedy) who won't be at the club next season, and three who have yet to be extended (Oates*, Walters, Hoeter). And one who's in the contract doghouse (Haas).
Yeah it’s a bit bizarre. Fair enough winning today is our final roll of the dice for finals but if this is the team he backs to win then why has the club moved on all the guys that he has more faith in.

Yeah it’s a bit bizarre. Fair enough winning today is our final roll of the dice for finals but if this is the team he backs to win then why has the club moved on all the guys that he has more faith in.
Of those yet to extended, Oates is the only cert. I will be astonished if the club calls shenanigans on the Billy experiment. He's a near cert. Hoeter is the most at risk of being let go, especially if the Warriors send Arthars back to us.

Haas is anyone's guess.

… gamble didn’t get selected because of a sore calf
Or some other reason...

Of those yet to extended, Oates is the only cert. I will be astonished if the club calls shenanigans on the Billy experiment. He's a near cert. Hoeter is the most at risk of being let go, especially if the Warriors send Arthars back to us.

Haas is anyone's guess.

Or some other reason...
Arthurs is a better player the Hoeter just quietly

Or some other reason...

He looked like he was ready to vomit and collapse on the side lines last run he had in the team .
That was after a few weeks with only gym work .

He did play middle that day . Watch for the opposition to try to wear him out this afternoon .

Interesting that in the final* game of the rebuild year Kevvie has chosen to field five players (Martin, Gamble, Turpin, Hosking, Kennedy) who won't be at the club next season, and three who have yet to be extended (Oates*, Walters, Hoeter). And one who's in the contract doghouse (Haas).
We can still play finals.
He wants to win.... Today

We can still play finals.
He wants to win.... Today
Winning is the easy bit. We need the Tigers to beat the Raiders as well. Unless you think we can put 50+ on the Dragons in the wet. Fat chance of that.

Winning is the easy bit. We need the Tigers to beat the Raiders as well. Unless you think we can put 50+ on the Dragons in the wet. Fat chance of that.
Agreed, it's a long shot.
& it's our 'only' shot.
I lust think Kev is still in the fight for this year, he hasn't lost hope/given up.
Personally, I like it.

Agreed, it's a long shot.
& it's our 'only' shot.
I lust think Kev is still in the fight for this year, he hasn't lost hope/given up.
Personally, I like it.
The question then becomes “if these players are our best chance of winning instead of the guys that are here next season, then why are we moving them all on?”

The question then becomes “if these players are our best chance of winning instead of the guys that are here next season, then why are we moving them all on?”
Because they are the best available/most ready right now. They are being moved on because the club views better options coming through or coming in and these guys have hit their ceiling.

Arthurs is a better player the Hoeter just quietly

Never been a fan of Arthurs tbh. I'd have Del over him every day of the week. About the only really good game i've ever seen Jesse play in the NRL is that game against us where we were abysmal.

Always felt Hoeter has been a bit unlucky to get a shot in the NRL, and then when he gets it here its never been in his best position at right center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.