Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Surely Cobbo will be moving to the centres then. No way Jesse signs to be a backup when he knows the Warriors would take him back in a heartbeat.

I think Arthar's will be the back up with either Mariner or Cobbo in the centres.

Hopefully our current success and form convinces some of the boys to stay for less and want to be at the club. Excited for what it could do to our recruitment too, destination club again.

Played centre a bit when he was in his first year of first grade and did well. I'm sure he will be even better their now when Herbie departs.
He already played left centre 2 seasons ago . Staggs did his knee Cobbo filled in ..

Just because he has played there, doesnt mean he should. It would be a bad decision at this point in his career. Hes not ready.

This will make some people happy ... and piss off other people.

So, Dobbo claiming that we will make Payne Haas the highest paid player in the history of the club. it will be a new 3 year deal and will surpass Milford's $1 million a season contract "by a long way"

he also says that we didn't expect to lose Flegs, so we'll do everything we can to lock Haas down.

Dobbo said:

“Payne Haas is going to be a Bronco for many years to come, his management and the Broncos are well down the track on an extension on his contract,”

“It’s a long-term deal and it would make him the richest player in the history of the Broncos.

Remember there has been a million-dollar player before, Anthony Milford, well Payne Haas will surpass that by plenty.

“He is elite, in the top three or four forwards in the game and he is so significant to the Brisbane Broncos now because they lost Flegler.

“They’ve got Carrigan and the Carrigan and Payne Haas one-two punch is crucial to their success.

“Payne Haas wants to be a winner, he wants to go somewhere where they’ll challenge for a premiership.

“They were shocked to lose Tom Flegler, they understood they were going to lose Herbie Farnworth.

“Corey Oates, Deine Mariner and Jesse Arthars will contend for a wing and centre spot next year. All really capable players.

“They expected Flegler to stay, he left, and now they have to keep Payne Haas. It is a long way down the track, expect an announcement (soon).

“Well over a million dollars and I think as long as they can get him, I think they’ll get him for another three years (through to the end of 2027).

“He might go year on year but my understanding is they’re a long way down the track.”

Righto, I have been reading the past couple of pages of this thread and we need to knock this one on the head right now.

His name is Jesse Arthars, not "Arthurs" or "Arthur's" (how the **** do you even throw a random apostrophe in there to begin with?).
Now do Kotoni

Righto, I have been reading the past couple of pages of this thread and we need to knock this one on the head right now.

His name is Jesse Arthars, not "Arthurs" or "Arthur's" (how the **** do you even throw a random apostrophe in there to begin with?).
lol yeah how people keep getting a simple name like Jessie Arthars wrong is beyond me

Now do Kotoni

I'll start a thread about it.

I'll start a thread about it.
No need. We already have one:

Dobbo, for what it's worth:

“Payne Haas is going to be a Bronco for many years to come, his management and the Broncos are well down the track on an extension on his contract. Remember there has been a million-dollar player before, Anthony Milford, well Payne Haas will surpass that by plenty. He is elite, in the top three or four forwards in the game and he is so significant to the Brisbane Broncos now because they lost Flegler. They’ve got Carrigan and the Carrigan and Payne Haas one-two punch is crucial to their success. Payne Haas wants to be a winner, he wants to go somewhere where they’ll challenge for a premiership."​
“They were shocked to lose Tom Flegler, they understood they were going to lose Herbie Farnworth. Corey Oates, Deine Mariner and Jesse Arthars will contend for a wing and centre spot next year. All really capable players. They expected Flegler to stay, he left, and now they have to keep Payne Haas. It is a long way down the track, expect an announcement soon."​
“Well over a million dollars and I think as long as they can get him, I think they’ll get him for another three years through to the end of 2027. He might go year on year but my understanding is they’re a long way down the track.”​

After all of that bullshit last year, Payne and his manager actually get what they want just because the Phins poached fucking Flegler of all people.

Haas is so good that you can pair him with a cheap toiler and still have the best front row combination in the league. He's been freakishly good this year: he is by far the best middle forward in the competition and only getting better by the round.

Under the old cap he wasn't worth a mil imo, no forward was, but who really knows under the new cap. I trust DD and Ikin to make the right call.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • Jeza23
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Spoon
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.