Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I think he meant the one that happened in the dragons game.
Yeah that's the one, faulty memory. In saying that, Cobbo's defensive stats overall has improved this season so far. Small sample size to draw a conclusion but let's see if he can maintain it.

Yeah that's the one, faulty memory. In saying that, Cobbo's defensive stats overall has improved this season so far. Small sample size to draw a conclusion but let's see if he can maintain it.
tbh i think it is because staggs has been better inside him not shooting out of the line as much,kinda screwed when he does that.

I think we should be careful not to change too much up in terms of positions next year. Being the defending premiers, teams will throw a lot at us every game (more then usual). Need to maintain that team cohesion (and defence structure) to go back to back.

Jensen can start (replacing Flegler), and once we sign Wighton he can replace Farnworth. Authars can wait till Oates retires or gets injured.

Making players feel part of a club where past players rally around it is the best investment the club can make. I liked seeing Brad Thorn in the coach's box last week. Wouldn't hurt for Broncos players like Patty or Payne to be invited to sit in Brad's box during a Red's game either. To feel part of a broader family. As long as he doesn't try to poach them!

Making players feel part of a club where past players rally around it is the best investment the club can make. I liked seeing Brad Thorn in the coach's box last week. Wouldn't hurt for Broncos players like Patty or Payne to be invited to sit in Brad's box during a Red's game either. To feel part of a broader family. As long as he doesn't try to poach them!
You're such a cruel bastard. Have you ever tried to sit through a full Reds game. I think they'd much rather the early morning start as punishment.

You're such a cruel bastard. Have you ever tried to sit through a full Reds game. I think they'd much rather the early morning start as punishment.
Nope. I haven't watched a full union game for years. But Patty was captain of the Terrace firsts, so I'm sure he follows it.

Just throwing this out into the ether to generate some discussion....

I'm looking at Hargreaves current situation at the Sombreros and wondering if he wouldn't be a decent pickup even for a moderate sized deal for his age. I'm thinking something in the vicinity of 400-500k per year for a season or two. We have Flegler's spot freeing up next year, going to JWH and selling him on a pack spot alongside Haas, Taupau and Carrigan and a potential swansong premiership may work greatly in our favor. His experience rubbing off on the younger blokes certainly wouldn't go astray either.

I'm looking at Hargreaves current situation at the Sombreros and wondering if he wouldn't be a decent pickup even for a moderate sized deal for his age. I'm thinking something in the vicinity of 400-500k per year for a season or two. We have Flegler's spot freeing up next year, going to JWH and selling him on a pack spot alongside Haas, Taupau and Carrigan and a potential swansong premiership may work greatly in our favor. His experience rubbing off on the younger blokes certainly wouldn't go astray either.

possible. but i think I'd prefer to re-sign Marty for another year and either focus on the likes of Willison or go for another moneyball (Jensen type) signing.

I just feel that we'd be paying JWH 500k to serve suspension after suspension

I can't see him playing for another team in the NRL tbh. He'll go to SL or retire into a job with the Chooks IMO. I also think it would take a bit of coin to get him here tbh.

So far I'd prefer to give Marty another year or find another Jensen style signing as Foordy has said.

I’m not keen on JWH really but I do think we need an explosive and aggressive younger forward to try and reduce the blow of Flegs leaving. None of the young guys are that type of player.

Yeah Cobbo's weakness is his defence. That's not just my opinion but based on last season's defensive stats on nrl.com, he was always in the bottom echelon of Broncos players for tackle efficiency and missed tackles.
Last game he didn't mark up on defence and let a Tigers wing walk in for a try. Good thing is he's still young and there's plenty of room for improvement but this weakness will be exploited by the blues in Origin.
That is not a good stat to use to determine a wingers ability to defend. And an even worse stat to use if it is to determine their ability to defend at centre.

I can't see him playing for another team in the NRL tbh. He'll go to SL or retire into a job with the Chooks IMO. I also think it would take a bit of coin to get him here tbh.

So far I'd prefer to give Marty another year or find another Jensen style signing as Foordy has said.

We need another older rougher head, for sure. Someone we can afford to lose to suspension if it goes that far. We can't risk Payne as our hatchet man. Marty's working out pretty well, I think. Ryan James was a flop. Someone like that comes up every year. I'd be surprised if JWH leaves the Roosters.

We need another older rougher head, for sure. Someone we can afford to lose to suspension if it goes that far. We can't risk Payne as our hatchet man. Marty's working out pretty well, I think. Ryan James was a flop. Someone like that comes up every year. I'd be surprised if JWH leaves the Roosters.
Random thought but Josh Curren is a stud of a forward who is only getting like 18 minutes off the bench at the warriors. He has another year to go but it seems the warriors are a bit off him. I know he’s had off field issues

He had allegedly bashed a child at a nightclub and taken his phone but if you are after a grubby, hard nut forward, you probably don’t want a choir boy

Random thought but Josh Curren is a stud of a forward who is only getting like 18 minutes off the bench at the warriors. He has another year to go but it seems the warriors are a bit off him. I know he’s had off field issues

He had allegedly bashed a child at a nightclub and taken his phone but if you are after a grubby, hard but forward, you probably don’t want a choir boy

On field, yep absolute gun.

Anyone have access to this morning's Courier Mail piece on Meine Dariner's contract extension? I can only 'read today's paper'

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Redux
  • Brocko
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Socnorb
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Gaz
  • Maddy
  • blacknwhite
  • broncoscope
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.