Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

There's probably a few available given our squad. I'd take Madden even. Walker is just too much of a liability in defense, a soft boot and mistakes. Has an unearned arrogance and helicopter parents. Huge pass on this overrated spud.

He might kick on and bulk up but seriously - how is the bloke not leaving the game in a suitcase each week? He is so tiny. Not Alfie tiny - scrawny.

Why? Why? Why?
Have we given up on Piakura?
Doesn’t make sense to me at all.
The Baker guy isn’t demanding selection in 17 week in week out. Hope it’s just a rumor.
They play different positions and we are light in the forwards.

This is the kind of stuff people said about Jensen, thankfully the recruitment guys don't listen to the fans.

Less interchange allowed .
Players didn`t sub on and off like they do today . Smaller players gained an advantage over big bodies due to fatigue late in halves / games . The increase in interchange lead to more players of similar sizes .

They play different positions and we are light in the forwards.

This is the kind of stuff people said about Jensen, thankfully the recruitment guys don't listen to the fans.
Yeah, I didn’t know that Baker guy can play both middle & back row. Thought he predominantly is a backrow who can play centers if needed. Looks like I got mixed up.

Anyhow, I’m game now with him if he decides to head north to us.

Yeah, I didn’t know that Baker guy can play both middle & back row. Thought he predominantly is a backrow who can play centers if needed. Looks like I got mixed up.

Anyhow, I’m game now with him if he decides to head north to us.
I think you had him confused with Drew Hutchinson.

I am concerned we don't really have replacements for Flegler, Farnworth and Palasia. I know Mariner and other youngsters are there to step up but we are short of backrowers and need an experienced replacement for Flegler.

I am concerned we don't really have replacements for Flegler, Farnworth and Palasia. I know Mariner and other youngsters are there to step up but we are short of backrowers and need an experienced replacement for Flegler.
We have Mariner, Hoeter and Cobbo (maybe Arthars?) as suitable replacements for Herbie, with those plus Arthars and Sailor vying for Cobbo's wing if he takes the centre spot. We are fine for Herbie's spot.

Definitely agree with you that we're light on in the forwards though, particularly backrowers. If Riki or Capewell go down, who's up next? Palasia? Flegs? That's terrifying tbh. And in Origin assume we lose Patty, Payne and Flegs...that's 3 middles we need to replace and we'll struggle to do that effectively with our squad imo.

We have Mariner, Hoeter and Cobbo (maybe Arthars?) as suitable replacements for Herbie, with those plus Arthars and Sailor vying for Cobbo's wing if he takes the centre spot. We are fine for Herbie's spot.

Definitely agree with you that we're light on in the forwards though, particularly backrowers. If Riki or Capewell go down, who's up next? Palasia? Flegs? That's terrifying tbh. And in Origin assume we lose Patty, Payne and Flegs...that's 3 middles we need to replace and we'll struggle to do that effectively with our squad imo.
I don't think we lose Flegs for origin... he might be in the squad but will get released back to broncos... Qld middles are stacked at the moment even though Flegler is playing well.

I'd assume Piakura will be coming into the second row over the origin period. Could be the reason why he's staying down in Qcup to play 80mins week in week out.

The origin affected team will be this I imagine:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Frei
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Taupau
17. Piakura

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Frei
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Taupau
17. Piakura
The wildcard being suspensions and injuries. Even with the NRL cooking the books for us, someone's eventually going to chip a fingernail.

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Frei
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Taupau
17. Piakura
Assuming Walsh is out... hopefully he won't be picked as 18th man... but Billy hates the broncos so he might just do it to **** with us

The wildcard being suspensions and injuries. Even with the NRL cooking the books for us, someone's eventually going to chip a fingernail.

Absolutely injuries will likely come into it but I can't predict that.

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Frei
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Taupau
17. Piakura

If Herbie plays 1 it will give us a indication on what might happen next year whether Mariner or Arthur's are favoured for that centre spot ATM

If Herbie plays 1 it will give us a indication on what might happen next year whether Mariner or Arthur's are favoured for that centre spot ATM
Herbie is behind Hammer at 1.

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • blacknwhite
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • cento
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • mrslong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.