Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

maybe he does.

but i don't see him taking the middle offer. if he ends up playing union, he'll take the biggest off which is likely to be the reported French one.

although, maybe his fathers take on this is to try and get more cash from us, given that we've dismissed Union as a threat (at least publicly)

Depends on the middle offer. If its 1.5 million i can see him going. Union as horrible a game as it probably can open more doors for him than being an NRL player.

He can still play rugby for Aus if he goes to France. So 1.8 million plus whatever he gets for international games plus whatever he gets in sponsorship. Could end around 2.5 a year, he’ll take it and will kind of serve us right to lose him and Flegs for putting faith in the guy re-signing when he never gave any indication he would, in fact the opposite.

Of course I hope I’m wrong, I really do. I want egg on my face here but I’ve just never felt he’s staying.

Seriously why is it always our fucking club that gets targetted with ridiculous insane offers from other codes.

Folau, Hunt, Thorn, Sailor, Tiquiri, I'm sure there's plenty more. Why doesn't Cleary get a 2m offer from union.

Seriously why is it always our fucking club that gets targetted with ridiculous insane offers from other codes.

Folau, Hunt, Thorn, Sailor, Tiquiri, I'm sure there's plenty more. Why doesn't Cleary get a 2m offer from union.

Suaalii got a $1.6 million offer. but i get your point

Suaalii got a $1.6 million offer. but i get your point
SBW too but yeah it seems we are a magnet for other codes. It's not like the Storm haven't had Superstar athletes like Slater who would have dominated union.

IIRC even Lockyer had some pretty big offers from union.

Apparently Cleary is on the list

Losing Hunt and Berrick Barnes (also to Union) I'm sure fucked our halves succession planning in the late 2000's into the 2010's and while Locky carried us through that time, we didn't really recover until the Hunt/Milf combo, which we then also lost in the sliding doors of 2015.

Suaalii
RTS
Matt Rogers
Semi Radradra
Vunivalu
Korebeti
SBW
Angus Crichton
Apparently Cam Murray

you can add Sam Burgess and Joey Johns just from the top of my head.

the biggest difference between our players and those is that they didn't have the likes of Badel using them for click bait articles several times a day

If Haas goes, this will be our team of young 'uns running around elsewhere:

1. Allan (Roosters)
2. Coates (Storm)
3. Farnworth (Dolphins)
4. Gagai (Knights)
5. Isaako (Dolphins)
6. Hunt (Dragons)
7. Boyd (Titans)
8. Haas (Probably Rugby)
9. Simpkin (Tigers)
10. Tino (Titans)
11. Fifita (Titans)
12. Bullemor (Sea Eagles)
13. Arrow (Rabbits)

14. Kikorima (Dolphins)
15. Collins (Roosters)
16. Flegler (Dolphins)
17. Su'A (Dragons)

18. Berrell (Sharks)
19. Chicken Sandwich (Dogs)
20. Niu (Dolphins)
21. T.Sims (Storm)

22. Dearden (Cowboys)
23. Gray (Rabbits)
24. Molo (Dragons)
25. Ofahengaue (Tigers)

Mark Gasnier, Craig Gower, Ben Te’o and Semi Radradra all played in France.

Active Now

• Sanjit Joseph
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.