Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Speaking of star studded rosters, I would not be surprised to see Jesse Arthars called up for NZ next time they get around to having another test.

Instead of which of Kris, DWZ, Manu, Mulitalo, Rapana, Niukore or CNK?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
But we aren't looking to recruit big names either are we. We have lost two origin / international players because they don't fit under the cap. This is the same as Penrith over the last few years losing Kikau, Api, Burton, Crichton next year, etc.

Compare this with the Roosters who poach whoever they want and then still chase big names like bringing in Young and Leniu next year for the loss of...Turpin?

Melbourne also in recent years have lost the Bromwiches, B.Smith, Tino and Kaufusi but have bought in Coates and upgraded their spine to all basically be on a million dollars each plus NAS, Olam and Welch who were all highly sought after. Apparently though, they still have a million spare to chase Haas.
Was more about how do we fit all these guys in... and the answer to me is that we're not currently overpaying for them... and unlike Storm we dont have anyone on $1m at the moment.

Storm invest heavily in their spine, so Munster and Harry are over $1m, Hughes would be close... apparently Paps is on **** all (maybe getting paid in boats??), but is off contract same time as Haas... NAS I think was reported to be >$800k

Like penrith, a development approach means value for money... Mam will cost way more in the future, but at the moment he's likely on peanuts.

Moving forward Walsh is a million dollar player, along with Haas (if we want to keep him)... Mam might demand it, but he's not near that money at the moment... who else would be looking at $1m across our roster.

Roster management will be balancing the salary cap and having to make sacrifices when needed ... like we've already done with Herbie and Flegler... and like Penrith did with Burton, etc.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Speaking of star studded rosters, I would not be surprised to see Jesse Arthars called up for NZ next time they get around to having another test.
I would
They have Manu, DWZ, Kris, Rapana, Mulitalo, Isaako, Simmonsen, Marzhew all available plus a few more

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
They don’t. Cocaine is to expensive to have both.
how good would Payne be if he railed a line or two before running out? can imagine him taking hitups like iafeta paleaaesina

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
the NRL is totally broken.
BHQ EXCLUSIVE: @Manofoneway outed as Paul Crawley

ScreenScreenshot 2023 08 03 at 16 12 39 The Courier Mail

ScreenScreenshot 2023 08 03 at 16 09 41 Haas contract talks exposes broken NRL system

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
You never see these ridiculous articles with other teams players.

We’ve already lost a ton of talent because of the salary cap you fucking bell end!!!!

Active Now

• scobie
  • Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.