Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

As it replaces Herbie, Mariner is still way too young to be holding that position, and like I said when Herbie is gone we're all of a sudden short in that area. Mariner needs at least another two years before he's counted as an able replacement. Additionally, using Cobbo to fill Herbie's space leaves his wing spot open. Yes, Arthurs would do a good job of filling it, but we thrn start to look a bit skinny in backline backup.

What says to you Mariner isn't ready?

As it replaces Herbie, Mariner is still way too young to be holding that position, and like I said when Herbie is gone we're all of a sudden short in that area. Mariner needs at least another two years before he's counted as an able replacement. Additionally, using Cobbo to fill Herbie's space leaves his wing spot open. Yes, Arthurs would do a good job of filling it, but we thrn start to look a bit skinny in backline backup.
I respect your opinion but, I couldn't disagree more about Mariner taking over for Herbie. I would be giving Mariner 1st shot next year, I think he will turn some heads and surprise some people. We'll be saying Herbie who before we know it next year.

Yep Mariner has to be given a fair shot next year, what I've seen I've liked, I think some extended time in the team will do him wonders and we'll begin to see a lot more from him.

Mariner is either sink or swim next year. Perfect replacement for Herbie next year. Plus Billy Smith is very injury prone which is why the Roosters are very cautious on re signing him next year

Unless he blows everyone away in the trials i dont think Mariner is starting unless its wing. He's a predominantly right sided center. Why would we play him left side?

He's been getting played there in A Cup, doing very well there. He'll play left because Kotoni is playing right.

He's been getting played there in A Cup, doing very well there. He'll play left because Kotoni is playing right.

He's always played mostly on the right tbf. We really should have tried to get Wynnum to play him on the left to get him used to that side if thats the plan. Not every player can play equally as effective on both sides. Still think right wing is the best option for him right now in first grade.

I see us moving Cobbo in to centres anyway which would open up that wing spot for either Arthars or Mariner to grab
This is what I'd be going Cobbo in the centres getting early ball to work with can would be very dangerous. He's already starting to throw players off him this season then add in everything else in his skillset.
Having attacking threats on both sides of the field probably gives Staggs more room aswell.
Pairing Cobbo up with Oates would be good one doesn't talk the other doesn't shut up apparently. Oates will help Cobbo out.

Take a guess how many a fit Oatesy scored last year outside of Herbie

While Herbie was playing.

Rabbitohs - Pass from Capewell
Bulldogs - Chip kick from Kelly
Roosters 1st - Cut out pass from Tesi
Roosters 2nd - Reyno high bomb
Roosters 3rd - Reyno kick from the scrum
Bulldogs - Reyno pass after making a run in-field
Rabbitohs - Reyno high bomb
Manly 1st - Pass from Herbie
Manly 2nd - Pass from Gamble
Knights - Mam kick in-goal

When Oates hit 100 tries only about 20 of them were from his centre or a draw and pass centre like play.

When Oates hit 100 tries only about 20 of them were from his centre or a draw and pass centre like play.
Even not factoring in that that is likely greatly exaggerated, it's still double percentage-wise of what farnworth gave him...

The TL;DR is that the CM spoke to Karmichael Hunt and he put over Blake Mozer, Ben Te Kura and Israel Leota.

The article also mentioned Coby Black, Cameron Bukowski & Jett Bryce.

Leota is the fastest Bronco over 40m and Coby Black is on a development deal next year.

There was talk that Jett Bryce has attracted the interest of other clubs and could be on the outer, so I wonder if this confirms his commitment?
I’m excited by Mozer and Te Kura. They do both really seem destined for NRL but Leota hasn’t really stood out in the limited time I’ve watched him.

What are your thoughts? The speed sounds good

Now do Cobbo!

I’m excited by Mozer and Te Kura. They do both really seem destined for NRL but Leota hasn’t really stood out in the limited time I’ve watched him.

What are your thoughts? The speed sounds good
I've been disappointed with his development this season. He's a quality athlete but he's still learning how to apply it on the field. He was meant to be one of the best prospects in MM Cup but he only managed to live up to the reputation on one occasion.

Still, he has all the qualities you want in a winger. Players like Sisa Waqa, Suliasi Vunivalu etc. all took time. I'd certainly have him in my pre-season camp with a view that he could be a starting winger by 2025.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • winslow_wong
  • mystico
  • Astro
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • Santa
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • jarro65
  • Financeguy
  • MasterWright
  • Donald Garner
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Mustafur
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.