Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

They can't.

I can't see Luai leaving the Panthers. He'll stay, and claim it's "for the bros", but he knows he's a myth. The time and space the team get gifted to them make him look like a slippery half, but his one and only trick is leaping around like Bambi on pingers. I'm sure he'd like to drop a photo on Insta showing all the zero's, but he'd lose all of his flimsy credibility when he's exposed as a fraud.

I think its Patty and Reece. I'd have Payne up there with them as well but i'm not convinced we can count on him long term. Even with a long term contract i think there will always be some circus following him around. After those 3 i think its all the others you have mentioned.
I’m a fan of the player Staggs has turned into and I think he still has another level once he puts it all together but I also think his contract is fair (once the cap goes up) and wouldn’t be upgrading him. I think we could survive him leaving if it allows us to keep other guys.

I also think a tough conversation about Oates and Capewell may need to be had by the end of next season.

I’m a fan of the player Staggs has turned into and I think he still has another level once he puts it all together but I also think his contract is fair (once the cap goes up) and wouldn’t be upgrading him. I think we could survive him leaving if it allows us to keep other guys.

I also think a tough conversation about Oates and Capewell may need to be had by the end of next season.

On Oates, look he is easily best 17 right now but given he has been out so much injured and given how good Arthars has gone, there is actually an argument to not bring him back in IF he doesn't get back to fitness before finals.

On Oates, look he is easily best 17 right now but given he has been out so much injured and given how good Arthars has gone, there is actually an argument to not bring him back in IF he doesn't get back to fitness before finals.

They have to be careful how they treat him. He's hugely popular with the playing group and if they dont do the right thing by him there would be a reaction. I know you will get people say the players should just get on with things, but as we saw with what they did to Bennett, if you upset the squad it can backfire on morale.

I think as long as he’s in the team he is a first picked. I would instead say given how good we’ve gone without him, is he a $500k luxury we may not need?

Don't get me wrong, a fully fit Oates is a massive asset to the team but an underdone Oates in a finals game with no game before, that is a massive risk. If he gets back by the last round, no sweat, you absolutely pick him.

I think as long as he’s in the team he is a first picked. I would instead say given how good we’ve gone without him, is he a $500k luxury we may not need?
PO until end of 25, I don't think Oates will be going anywhere and nor should he.

But yeah, hypothetically if he was coming off contract this year I dunno if you'd offer him 500k. Would offer 350-400 max. He's been a good servant but now that we've got some competent people at the helm, we're seeing that we can pick up cheap backs that do just as good a job.

They have to be careful how they treat him. He's hugely popular with the playing group and if they dont do the right thing by him there would be a reaction. I know you will get people say the players should just get on with things, but as we saw with what they did to Bennett, if you upset the squad it can backfire on morale.
Come to think of it, you’ve been far more active on here since Corey got injured, and I’ve never seen the 2 of you in the same room

PO until end of 25, I don't think Oates will be going anywhere and nor should he.

But yeah, hypothetically if he was coming off contract this year I dunno if you'd offer him 500k. Would offer 350-400 max. He's been a good servant but now that we've got some competent people at the helm, we're seeing that we can pick up cheap backs that do just as good a job.

He's on about 350-400k now i think.

Corey is rock solid. Absolutely no need to turf him. He should be re-signed on a fair wage. Hopefully he is our all time greatest try scorer. When fully fit, he takes the left wing all day long.

This is a blast from the past…(2017)
Do you guys remember this bloke?!
⬇️⬇️⬇️
The Brisbane Broncos have won the race to sign the next “Sonny Bill Williams”.

His name is Andre Savelio. He’s 22-years-old. And he plays for Warrington in the UK Super League.

“Andre is a strong young forward and we have seen first-hand what he can do on the field in England,” said White on www.broncos.com.au.

“He is an exciting young prospect that will add depth to our forward stocks."

As you can see in the video below, he has a helluva lot on common with SBW - he’s big, strong, skilful and runs hard.

Corey is rock solid. Absolutely no need to turf him. He should be re-signed on a fair wage. Hopefully he is our all time greatest try scorer. When fully fit, he takes the left wing all day long.
He turns 29 this year. 199 games. He should be a bronco for life.
Not sure if he can bring up 300 in a Broncos Jersey, he would need 4 more injury free seasons AND that means keeping one of the younger blokes out. Does he deserve 300 and at least 150 tries?! 💯

Don't get me wrong, a fully fit Oates is a massive asset to the team but an underdone Oates in a finals game with no game before, that is a massive risk. If he gets back by the last round, no sweat, you absolutely pick him.

Last time he came back from a long injury layoff he just monstered up the metres and went about his business like he never missed a game. The coaches know to keep his game simple and he excels at it, if he's fit he should be in the #2 jersey. No disrespect to Arthurs, who has exceeded my (and most people's) expectations, but Oates is a machine.

This is a blast from the past…(2017)
Do you guys remember this bloke?!
⬇️⬇️⬇️
The Brisbane Broncos have won the race to sign the next “Sonny Bill Williams”.

His name is Andre Savelio. He’s 22-years-old. And he plays for Warrington in the UK Super League.

“Andre is a strong young forward and we have seen first-hand what he can do on the field in England,” said White on www.broncos.com.au.

“He is an exciting young prospect that will add depth to our forward stocks."

As you can see in the video below, he has a helluva lot on common with SBW - he’s big, strong, skilful and runs hard.

Barely

Remember the name, probably couldn’t pick him out of a lineup

What’s he been up to?

Active Now

• Browny
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Donald Garner
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.