Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

If Paynes management think releasing a statement is a good idea they are perhaps the worst management team in the nrl, and that's a bloody low bar...

Payne will rightfully get nothing but boos and hate for it and I will gladly buy his ticket for Sydney if it's the case. Its just a repeat of last year with him and his management derailing a season in the hope a few more bucks. It's toxic and Walters and DD have done well to keep this management under control so far, they will completely tear apart most clubs (eg isaac moses).

He's a great player but that offer is very generous, and we are more likely to win a premiership with that money spent elsewhere tbh.

I don't think I'm underestimating. Payne should have the last say. And I would expect him to exercise that right this time around too. 🤷‍♀️

I would like to think that he has learnt from his previous mistakes.

Would he do that to his teammates again?

He's management might not care .. but I would bet my last dollar that Payne does
I don’t think Payne’s behind the wheel here.

I don’t think Payne’s behind the wheel here.
If not, he needs to pull them into line. With the players muzzled too, he can't come out in the media and say "my manager crossed the line, this is untrue, I am considering the Broncos offer but want to wait until the end of the season so I don't get distracted from our finals push" or something along those lines. If he's not in control, he needs to get in control.

If not, he needs to pull them into line. With the players muzzled too, he can't come out in the media and say "my manager crossed the line, this is untrue, I am considering the Broncos offer but want to wait until the end of the season so I don't get distracted from our finals push" or something along those lines. If he's not in control, he needs to get in control.

He can say that on any day that is not game day. I don't think Payne is in control here, nor do I think his management are. I would bet that his family are the main voice behind this. Even if it's Payne's lips moving when he deals with his manager, it's his family's voice.

He can say that on any day that is not game day. I don't think Payne is in control here, nor do I think his management are. I would bet that his family are the main voice behind this. Even if it's Payne's lips moving when he deals with his manager, it's his family's voice.
Yeah I think it's his shitty parents running the show.

I'm wondering if Payne just needs to get away from Brisbane in his own mind. Younger brother died a little while ago, Mum's in jail and never getting out, maybe he just needs a full disconnect. I could respect that if that was the case. Start fresh somewhere else.

I'm wondering if Payne just needs to get away from Brisbane in his own mind. Younger brother died a little while ago, Mum's in jail and never getting out, maybe he just needs a full disconnect. I could respect that if that was the case. Start fresh somewhere else.
I dunno, it's not only him he would be moving. He has his own wife and kid, right? Then he's probably packing the family with him. I'm not sure it would even make financial sense to take an extra 200k per season when it would mean forking out a lot for the family.

At this stage .. it's s not in Payne's best interests for his management to put out a statement announcing that they've rejected The Broncos offer. No need for it .. and what would they be hoping to achieve by doing that?

After what happened last year when Payne apparently requested a release .. I just can't see him green lighting a rejection statement. Does not make sense. 🤷‍♀️

When he was booed last year, in the sheds, Adam Reynolds was the first one there to help him get through the devastation of that, and also helping him to pick up the pieces. I can't forget that Adam Reynolds put his arms around Payne .. and pretty much comforted him.

I can't see Payne making that same mistake again.

It could only hurt him. Because it's certainly won't help him.

And if nothing else, in a way, it would also be disrespecting Adam Reynolds as well.

I just can't see it happening. 🤷‍♀️
And you were right. Slothfield was full of shit.

There was no rejection statement, it's basically a we're still negotiating statement which is fine.

You cant understand why Kevvie came out with his statement saying Payne will sign in the next couple of weeks. He seems pretty confident about it but then we have what Payne himself is saying now and what his team are saying. I'm not convinced any of them know what they are doing.

You cant understand why Kevvie came out with his statement saying Payne will sign in the next couple of weeks. He seems pretty confident about it but then we have what Payne himself is saying now and what his team are saying. I'm not convinced any of them know what they are doing.

Kev strikes me as one of the most positive guys you will ever meet, how many times have players been halfway out the door yet in the weeks before he was saying how important that player is to the squad and all that.

Kev strikes me as one of the most positive guys you will ever meet, how many times have players been halfway out the door yet in the weeks before he was saying how important that player is to the squad and all that.

He's done the opposite as well. I just cant understand where he has got he is signing from. Looks fairly clear he's not ready to yet.

He's done the opposite as well. I just cant understand where he has got he is signing from. Looks fairly clear he's not ready to yet.

He could re-sign as well, Payne could just be trotting out the lines he was told to say.

What was the context that drew that comment out of Kevvie?

Watched the clip on fox from 360 about Haas. $1.1 is the offer and a 3 year extension. All the commentators were actually very complimentary of the Broncos and basically said Payne is a fucken idiot if he doesn’t take it.
If I’m DD, then that’s my max offer. $1.1 per season, take it or feel free to **** off elsewhere. Don’t need the drama, he’s a great player and all but definitely not worth more. He’s no Cleary.. won’t single handedly decide a result (see 2020).
Just my 2 cents, but he’s a silly boy if he goes elsewhere.
Yeah while Haas is a once in a life time player, I have enough faith in what Patty and Walsh bring to build a team around them. Haas leaving after another year to develop our squad won’t be the death blow it once was.

Piakura, Willison, Hetherington and Riki with another year under their belt will do wonders. Patty will be an even stronger leader. Walsh will be able to manage his moments better.

While what Haas does has never been seen before, it is easier the try and replace than what Patty and Walsh bring. You can have 2 good props for the same price as Haas and between them they can come close to matching his output but you can’t do that with a gun fullback like Walsh or a leader like Patty.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • mitch222
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.