Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

NRL statement

“The NRL today issued the Dolphins with a breach notice following an investigation into the conduct of Dolphins Club Officials and an Accredited Player Agent.

“The breach notice alleges a failure by the Club to comply with the record keeping provisions of the PCR rules.

“The notice proposes a $50,000 financial penalty (50% suspended) for the Club.”

Not sure $25k is much of a deterrent but glad something has come of it all.

I think people were generally happy with no real high expectations upon it, most saw him as either a bench player or to add to depth and he has delivered. Definitely the type of signing I like to add to the squad because it raises the quality of the squad.

Jensen shot himself in the foot at the Cowboys and by the time he realised he needed to be more professional i think the Cowboys had just had enough.

Jensen shot himself in the foot at the Cowboys and by the time he realised he needed to be more professional i think the Cowboys had just had enough.
A change of environment can be good for a player and I think he has shown the past two seasons that has been the case.

Alex Twal has been given permission to look. I would not be adverse to attempting to get him. He is a solid defender and low error guy who could be of use to us. Fits the Jensen style money ball type player we need to dust through our squad.

NRL Statement:

“Specifically, the breach notice alleges a failure by the Club to comply with the record keeping provisions of the PCR Rules. The notice proposes a $50,000 financial penalty (50% suspended) for the Club."​
“The show cause notice issued to the Player Agent alleges a failure to comply with the player negotiation provisions of the PCR Rules and the record keeping provisions of the Agents Accreditation Scheme Rules (Scheme Rules) and proposes a 12-month suspension of the Agent’s accreditation should he again breach the Scheme Rules or the PCR Rules in the next 24 months.​
“Both parties have five business days to respond to the notices.”​

Makes beating them twice in their first season all the more awesome

I can't help but think the Phins will be a bit like the Cowboys for us. Except with a shorter time where they're utter shit and we smash them repeatedly. And the GF-that-shall-never-be-named-because-we've-all-forgotten-it thing.

Coby Black gets namechecked in the paper today:

"The Broncos have wasted no time in beginning to groom the heir apparent for veteran skipper Adam Reynolds. Boom schoolboys halfback Coby Black has been spotted training with Brisbane’s NRL team in recent weeks as he begins his pathway towards first grade. Black was a standout for Marsden State High in this year’s schoolboys competition and is Brisbane’s great halfback hope. While he is yet to graduate school, Black has been given permission to train one day a week for the past few weeks alongside Brisbane’s top squad."​

"Flexibility in his school commitments has allowed Black to get to know his future Broncos teammates before he joins the club full-time next year. The Broncos have a high opinion of Black and are hoping he can play a role at the scrumbase long-term. He will spend the pre-season training before graduating through the lower grades with a view to making his NRL debut in the coming years."​

A change of environment can be good for a player and I think he has shown the past two seasons that has been the case.

He probably just grew up a bit in all reality. He's been solid for us.

NRL statement

“The NRL today issued the Dolphins with a breach notice following an investigation into the conduct of Dolphins Club Officials and an Accredited Player Agent.

“The breach notice alleges a failure by the Club to comply with the record keeping provisions of the PCR rules.

“The notice proposes a $50,000 financial penalty (50% suspended) for the Club.”
$25k and no actual suspension for the player manager? Woah I’m sure they won’t do that again!

Alex Twal has been given permission to look. I would not be adverse to attempting to get him. He is a solid defender and low error guy who could be of use to us. Fits the Jensen style money ball type player we need to dust through our squad.
You had me at Twal.

Coby Black gets namechecked in the paper today:

"The Broncos have wasted no time in beginning to groom the heir apparent for veteran skipper Adam Reynolds. Boom schoolboys halfback Coby Black has been spotted training with Brisbane’s NRL team in recent weeks as he begins his pathway towards first grade. Black was a standout for Marsden State High in this year’s schoolboys competition and is Brisbane’s great halfback hope. While he is yet to graduate school, Black has been given permission to train one day a week for the past few weeks alongside Brisbane’s top squad."​

"Flexibility in his school commitments has allowed Black to get to know his future Broncos teammates before he joins the club full-time next year. The Broncos have a high opinion of Black and are hoping he can play a role at the scrumbase long-term. He will spend the pre-season training before graduating through the lower grades with a view to making his NRL debut in the coming years."​

Does he remind anyone else of Cleary?

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Dash
  • lynx000
  • Lurker
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  • IceWorks
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.