Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Crucify me, but hes beyond last chance saloon for sure. Which means he would be cheap. He needs to be managed for sure - WB could do it.
HARD NO!

WB should sign him. Introduce the sh!t c*nt
and watch your club sink around him. Bennett should also “reconnect” with Lodge 👍🏻 after all, Milf worked out too 😂

Would 100% take him on about 350-400k and let him box in the off season. He is good mates with the squad, and very good mates with Haas, and could be an absolute weapon off the bench with no pressure. TPJ as a 30-40min player could be special.
He is also 100% fuckwit. We’ve worked hard to get rid of the fat, now we have a 6 pack and want to stop training?! **** that, the side looks good!

Fletcher Baker doing plenty of 1% in final tonight- good prospect next year

Was really impressed with him last night, hope he carries that through to next year and improves on it - will be an easy inclusion in the seventeen if so.

He was fantastic. PTB was very fast and let Smith get on the front foot, defence was great.

Really happy with the signing, he's got finals experience now too. If he kicks on he'll be a good replacement for Flegler or Palasia.

Big unit too.

He did look great but I think the real value in him coming on board is that it keeps competition for spots really tight even with Flegs and Palasia going. Those two are going to be a big loss but Baker helps ease that blow somewhat.

I'd love to pick up another experienced depth back too, especially if Oates leaves but not overly worried. It becomes a bigger issue though if both Oates and Sailor do leave. At the moment we are losing Pereira, Farnworth (big loss even though I obviously fly the flag for the Mariner fan club, he might take some time to get up to speed if he moves to centre straight up, even though I'd be moving Cobbo there and bringing Aquaman in on the wing) and Hoeter is starting to get on.

He did look great but I think the real value in him coming on board is that it keeps competition for spots really tight even with Flegs and Palasia going. Those two are going to be a big loss but Baker helps ease that blow somewhat.

I'd love to pick up another experienced depth back too, especially if Oates leaves but not overly worried. It becomes a bigger issue though if both Oates and Sailor do leave. At the moment we are losing Pereira, Farnworth (big loss even though I obviously fly the flag for the Mariner fan club, he might take some time to get up to speed if he moves to centre straight up, even though I'd be moving Cobbo there and bringing Aquaman in on the wing) and Hoeter is starting to get on.

Where is Pereira going?

I think we have enough in the backs. Maybe 1 or 2 in the development list of experienced qld cup campaigners wouldn't go astray, helps with training opposed sessions too you'd think if you have extra quality in the depth.

I think we need 1 more experienced middle. We were very lucky with injuries to the middles this year yet there was still a couple games where 1 more injury or suspension and we would have had a player on the bench who was not even top level in qld cup yet.

We lose flegler and paliasia from the middle next year, tapau is going to be in his mid 30s, and willison knows how to pick up an injury. Carrigan and haas will need to carry even more load. Baker looks good but it certainly isn't enough. We have built our season off the middle, we can't afford a weaker one if we want to be in the mix again next year.

I'd be getting someone like twal (if cheap). If not, Thomas mikalele is back in Australia and his connection with haas may motivate him to lift his game.

Not sure but his contract finishes this season and I am assuming he will be let go, I could be wrong.
His performance in the storm game was very dissapointing. But he did win qld cup winger of the year so either way I'm not too fussed.
He's obviously quality but we need players who can perform whenever called up in those spots (eg arthars is the gold standard 1st drop outside back)

Award-winning CEO Sir Peter V'landy's says they will/might/could scrap the cap or make concessions for clubs who sign American talent:

“It’s a wonderful idea. You only need half-a-dozen Americans to succeed and you would have a whole new following in the US because millions of sports fans in the States would follow their journey. There’s thousands of athletes that miss out on making the NFL and with the skill level of those players, they could easily adapt to rugby league very quickly. They are brilliant athletes."​
“To encourage the clubs, we need to allow salary-cap relief, so if you bring an American player out, it won‘t be counted in the salary cap.”​
“It’s an initiative we want to trial. I will hear some negatives from people saying it won’t work, but we’ve seen a lot more Polynesian players come through and succeed in the NRL. To me it if it works, it‘s a huge bonanza for rugby league and if it fails, there’s nothing really lost.”​
“The Pasifika club is a joint venture with the Australian government, no doubt about that. It couldn’t be done without their support. The government will invest in an NRL team in the Pacific because they believe in soft diplomacy. I am confident the government would continue to support an NRL team. It doesn’t matter who is in power. Our relationship with our Pacific neighbours is crucial to national security. The government will be committed to this for a decade and beyond. There will be hundreds of Pacific and PNG stars of the future that will be produced out of expansion. PNG alone has more than 10 million people and rugby league is the No.1 sport there. They have the talent base to support an NRL team.”​

no club is ever going to be able to take advantage of a salary cap concession for NFL players.

firstly the NFL guys make significantly more money than NRL players do.

secondly, like how NRL players fail when trying to convert, NFL players are likely to similarly fail. the body shape required to play the sports is completely different. not to mention Rugby League players require a far higher level of cardio endurance to play this sport.

If Vlandy's is taking 4 teams over to try and get NFL players to convert, then he is stupider than anyone gave him credit for. as it stands it's a waste of time and money anyway, the clubs are unlikely to make any significant financial gains by enticing fans to their clubs in any sort of significant numbers

no club is ever going to be able to take advantage of a salary cap concession for NFL players.

firstly the NFL guys make significantly more money than NRL players do.

secondly, like how NRL players fail when trying to convert, NFL players are likely to similarly fail. the body shape required to play the sports is completely different. not to mention Rugby League players require a far higher level of cardio endurance to play this sport.

If Vlandy's is taking 4 teams over to try and get NFL players to convert, then he is stupider than anyone gave him credit for. as it stands it's a waste of time and money anyway, the clubs are unlikely to make any significant financial gains by enticing fans to their clubs in any sort of significant numbers.
think he is talking players that dont make the nfl,cant get that nfl money if you dont have a nfl contract

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • IceWorks
  • Harry Sack
  • Painin the Haas
  • Stix
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • broncotville
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • bazza
  • Manofoneway
  • kiwibronco
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.