Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Let's give this rumour we made up legitimacy for a minute, might be interesting if the club is seeing how fans would react to him coming home. If so, I would imagine the overwhelming feeling from fans is - do it.

Fifita back would be amazing. If Riki kicks on we can play Capewell at 13 and move Patty to where he belongs up front.

Normally I think you'd be right but there are three things to factor in here:
1. As mentioned, he has had the offers from Canberra and the Gold Coast for months and hasn't moved on either of them AND we know he never wanted to leave the Broncs in the first place
2. And this is the big one BUT there are no quotes and it is the media, so high chance it is made up, this is of MASSIVE interest to me: "Fifita's management reportedly approached Brisbane officials to gauge their interest in a return." - Read that carefully - it is HIS management (if true) who have instigated it, that is HUGE...if true
3. We had no idea about any of Walsh, Herbie, Flegs, Madden or Taupau until like 5 minutes before it happened - is this trend continuing here?
Yeah the fact that his management has come to the Broncos to me means that's where he wants to be.
Him and Walsh could form a good combo and if we can get the best out of him which I think we can it will be dangerous.

Might make Haas happy to stay bringing his mate back.

If we have to match the offers currently being made for Fifita, then he can **** off and stay on the Gold Coast.

He's not worth that money.

750k is a nice figure. That's all he should be offered.

I'm not saying I couldn't see it happening as you guys are taking it but would his manager not be mentally challenged if he didn't gauge another clubs interest even to just boost the competition in offers (especially his old club and the closest one geographically)? If I was David and all my manager went to was the Raider's and GC I'd be a little concerned.

The last time News Corp had a massive reveal like this was when Herbie gave his verbal agreement to stay. Might not take this as a done deal yet.
"News Corp can reveal the Broncos have emerged as a late contender for Fifita’s signature as they consider getting one back on their south east Queensland rivals the Titans by luring the barnstorming forward back to Red Hill."​
Parker getting in a sly dig:
“David Fifita is certainly a player you would consider to put in your roster, but at what cost? That’s the key. I actually feel for David on a personal level – he needs to go to a club that has an established and strong culture along with experience in the spine. What does David Fifita want to be in his NRL career? That’s the question for him.”​

If we have to match the offers currently being made for Fifita, then he can **** off and stay on the Gold Coast.

He's not worth that money.

750k is a nice figure. That's all he should be offered.

I read 750k a year was the original offer from the Titans, but then the figure went up to 800k a year from the Titans. 900k a year is what's been widely mentioned from the Raiders in the media. But on the Raiders forum it was claimed by someone the offer is not much more then the Titans.

I still think there is more to this story then some who are claiming its click bait. David Fifita has been hanging out for a while and surpassed a couple deadlines to make a decision reported in the media. Remember Jack Bird? It was reported only between the Sharks and the Knights. And then Wayne Bennett came in with an offer late in the piece to sign him as a Bronco.

I'm not saying I couldn't see it happening as you guys are taking it but would his manager not be mentally challenged if he didn't gauge another clubs interest even to just boost the competition in offers (especially his old club and the closest one geographically)? If I was David and all my manager went to was the Raider's and GC I'd be a little concerned.
Hence why it’s a rumour I guess…

I always had a gut feeling Dave went to the Titans to set himself up financially but his heart was always with the Broncos, seen so many social media snaps of him hanging out with the boys

I reckon if we're anywhere close to a reasonable price, he will come back

IMO, this could destroy what progress has been made. He could poison the camp if things don’t go his way and or we don’t win most games. Am I wrong? Sorry if posted already, I didn’t see it.

Attachments

• 31938B29-6603-44FF-B5E6-B282FD131B5D.png
    31938B29-6603-44FF-B5E6-B282FD131B5D.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 62

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Hurrijo
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Ozired
  • Johnny92
  • thenry
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.