Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Hamilton did a pre-season with the Roosters 12 months ago- I say that was his last chance. he's 29 and on his fourth ISC club and getting up to 150 games more likely to get hit by lightning now.
Didn’t realise he was 29 looks a lot younger than that

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So Ezra is going to test the market?

His manager would know exactly how much he can get at another club.

There is no rule stopping clubs and players from discussing uncontacted year ... The only rule is that they can't officially sign a contract

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well we are 4 days from his free agency, so we'll know one way or another early next week.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
Ezra's management would know what he's worth if he tested the market. Ezra would know.

How much are the Broncos willing to pay? Payne asked a lot. He got a lot. Can we pay everyone a lot?

Just wondering if we can get not as good, but similar from sailor? Salary cap and all, where's the give?

Reece is going to get a Payne's size contract. Maybe more.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
To be fair, this is the exact opposite of what we need from a half. We already have this from Mam and Walsh.

We need a cool head, composure, controlled kicking game, and an ability to read the flow of the game and know where and when to target the opposition to wear them down. Super League has such poor defence that you don't need a controlling half to break the opposition down. You're not going to see that in a YouTube highlights reel.
I think his passing game is beyond what we have in our halves at current including Reyno, but I understand the kicking game argument, that isn't something easy to find though. when it comes to that even Walker at current isn't really adding anything either, Walsh would probably be the better kicker at that point because he is clearly better than Mam at it and basically any half younger than Cleary, Lam at current has a similar skill set to Hynes tbh, with maybe a bit less game involvement but same in the regard that he is pass skill based over kicking skill.

Not that we haven't gone with the fullback kicker strat when we had Locky, but it isn't ideal to be fair, for that reason I'm not inclined to lose Reyno early what so ever we have to milk his career longevity as much as possible.

Lazza

Lazza

BRL Player
Aug 1, 2021
Ezra's management would know what he's worth if he tested the market. Ezra would know.

How much are the Broncos willing to pay? Payne asked a lot. He got a lot. Can we pay everyone a lot?

Just wondering if we can get not as good, but similar from sailor? Salary cap and all, where's the give?

Reece is going to get a Payne's size contract. Maybe more.

Lazza

Lazza

BRL Player
Aug 1, 2021
I thought Erza and Reece were keen to stay and should have signed by now for short contacts and then get the money after Reynolds finishes up.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I thought Erza and Reece were keen to stay and should have signed by now for short contacts and then get the money after Reynolds finishes up.

That runs the risk of Mam or Walsh being poached at the same time Reynolds finishes up, potentially leaving us with 1 of our spine settled (and even then, probably not as Mozer may not be the chosen one).

I'd say they are getting Reynolds sorted first, work out if '25 is indeed the end, and locking that in before we con offer big money to Mam & Walsh from '26 on.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well from tomorrow, all of these guys can sign elsewhere for 2025:

Ezra Mam
Adam Reynolds
Kurt Capewell
Jordan Riki
Brendon Piakura
Sir Billiam Walters

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Look whilst I’m sure there might be some decent offers on the table to not have sorted any of them already is pretty bog average from the administration. I have no doubt Ezra is staying but it seems like not a single minute of thought has been put into the fact that all 3 of our second rowers are off contract and will be in high demand.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Look whilst I’m sure there might be some decent offers on the table to not have sorted any of them already is pretty bog average from the administration. I have no doubt Ezra is staying but it seems like not a single minute of thought has been put into the fact that all 3 of our second rowers are off contract and will be in high demand.
**** Fitzy do you think Dave has been snoozin ?
The 3 rd party money Broncos players can rake in over the next cpl of years will be huge . I doubt a desperate club could match the overall package the Broncos and their corporate buddies could come up with . Unless they are unhappy I would be surprised if they don`t re -sign and reap the rewards .
If Corey Parker and Webke can be on prime time . I think there is hope for Jordan / Kurt / Brendan to make some ad money .

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  • The Boss
  • Jazza
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Smokin' Joe
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bucking Beads
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.