Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

I'm hoping DD and co. are searching high and low in NZ, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, and even the UK for a serious enforcer to replace Flegler.

We have a brilliant pack don't get me wrong, but I still think we need a Tunza or Petro type silent intimidator. Kobe can hurt when he tackles but we need a second real bone crusher type forward. I think Herbie and Keenen are much easier to replicate.

Outstanding rumours:

Riccio: Broncos sign Jaiyden Hunt on two year deal.
@1910 : Josh Rogers development deal extended/renewed.
Badel: Walsh to be offered an upgraded, extended contract (2027+) with substantial pay rise.
Badel: Mam to be offered an upgraded, extended contract (2027+) with substantial pay rise.
Badel, Read: Reynolds WILL sign a 1 year extension to 2025 at season end.
Read, Dobbo: Oates to Newcastle unless Broncos raise offer. [BUSTED. Oates says will take pay cut.]

When do they go on holiday? I imagine they’ll want all of this done before then, especially before November 1 obviously in the case of Mam.

I'm hoping DD and co. are searching high and low in NZ, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, and even the UK for a serious enforcer to replace Flegler.

We have a brilliant pack don't get me wrong, but I still think we need a Tunza or Petro type silent intimidator. Kobe can hurt when he tackles but we need a second real bone crusher type forward. I think Herbie and Keenen are much easier to replicate.

I'd like Matty Lees from St Helens but i think we wont have the budget for a player like him.

2024 Roster in progress
I have a rumour that Josh Rogers has extended his development contract for 2024.
Corey Oates is rumoured to want to stay, after rejecting his options.
I'm not sure whether Sailor is on development or full roster in 2024.

Players yet to sign 2024

Brendan Frei (development)
Corey Oates (might have options)
Logan Bayliss
Jordan Pereira
Tyson Smoothy (development)

Players coming off contract in 2025

Adam Reynolds
Billy Walters
Brendan Piakura
Delouise Hoeter
Jock Madden
Jordan Riki
Kurt Capewell
Marty Taupau

As far as rumours that were floating around

Sailor shopped to SL?
Jensen to Storm maybe.
Madden was meant to extend.
Sharks after Piakura.

See what happens, I think we keep promoting from within as far as development goes. Pick up a few missing ingredients and go from there.

I'd pick up another winger, we need meter eaters. Leota will give us what we want but he'll take time. Panthers blueprint for wingers, big meters that give the middles time. They don't have to be nuggets, just make the meters. JP should have a crack at SL.

Sailor shopped to SL?
Jensen to Storm maybe.
Sharks after Piakura.

See what happens, I think we keep promoting from within as far as development goes. Pick up a few missing ingredients and go from there.

I'd pick up another winger, we need meter eaters. Leota will give us what we want but he'll take time. Panthers blueprint for wingers, big meters that give the middles time. They don't have to be nuggets, just make the meters. JP should have a crack at SL.

Where has that Jensen rumour come from? He is 99.9% sure to be in the best 17 next season.

Sailor shopped to SL?
Jensen to Storm maybe.
Sharks after Piakura.

Haven't heard the jensen one. The only way I think this would happen is if the club has someone else lined up who's top quality for a cheap price

Jensen only re-signed this year to the end of 25

Unless he feels put out by not playing finals he has no reason to leave when he’ll be first 17 next season at least

Have you seen Willison play? I just hope the kid can stay uninjured for a decent run, he looks like a genuine fucking weapon.

Where has that Jensen rumour come from? He is 99.9% sure to be in the best 17 next season.

Just floating around on Twitter. Not saying it's true, just throwing some of the current rumours I've seen.

Hopefully stays. Willison and Te Kura will demand a bigger role next year if they stay injury free. Baker takes a spot too, depths still good, lots of mouths though.

Lots of tall forwards, we need a power nugget that damages with their running.

Man I hope Lam is going to us, it is for 2025 season. Could it be the reason for reluctance in extending Reynolds? Lam would fit our team perfectly and is it the age halfbacks start to hit their prime. He’s been super impressive in the ESL and was more than decent before he left and the Roosters screwed him over.

Active Now

• Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Lozza
  • Bronx48
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Volvo Driver
  • westy316
  • Dash
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.