Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

I'm going to put this here, given it is the subject matter that inspired the below rant.

but it is a real shame to see how far down the clickbait and sensationalism rabbit hole Brent Read has fallen.

His article today talks about a player who still has 18 months to run on his contract, not to mention a player who there has been no suggestion that we are chasing has driven "a stake through the heart of Brisbane Broncos fans" by "rejecting" us and not becoming Reynolds replacement.

then he gets quotes from Walker saying it is his intention to remain at the Roosters long term and that the Roosters are his home.
I was coming here to write the same rant .. pointless content for the sake of pointless content

I'm going to put this here, given it is the subject matter that inspired the below rant.

but it is a real shame to see how far down the clickbait and sensationalism rabbit hole Brent Read has fallen.

His article today talks about a player who still has 18 months to run on his contract, not to mention a player who there has been no suggestion that we are even chasing has driven "a stake through the heart of Brisbane Broncos fans" by "rejecting" us and not becoming Reynolds replacement.

then he gets quotes from Walker saying it is his intention to remain at the Roosters long term and that the Roosters are his home.

It came from the other night; he was asked about his "home game" next week and he just elaborated on that and how he's happy in Sydney and how he has a great relationship with all the Broncos- Ezra was in his Met West team and Piakura and Walsh in his Qld and Australian team.

It came from the other night; he was asked about his "home game" next week and he just elaborated on that and how he's happy in Sydney and how he has a great relationship with all the Broncos- Ezra was in his Met West team and Piakura and Walsh in his Qld and Australian team.

Yep. I can definitely see how us fans should consider that a "stake in our hearts" and bemoan the rejection.

Cowboys have officially released jetski.

I have not seen much of him. Very meh about this. Could be great money ball for an 18th-22nd man option I hope he isn't an automatic top 17 guy, but he was pretty regular at the Cowboys so my worry is he was promised something....

I have not seen much of him. Very meh about this. Could be great money ball for an 18th-22nd man option I hope he isn't an automatic top 17 guy, but he was pretty regular at the Cowboys so my worry is he was promised something....

He wasn't going to be with Luki coming back in.

He wasn't going to be with Luki coming back in.
Of course, but he was 18th man on the weekend. 1 injury away in the forward pack. He shouldn't be 18th man with us, and will not be replacing any middles, just the edges. So at best, a sideways career move, just to a better side. Then again, this could be one of the rare times that the compassionate grounds release is real.

Of course, but he was 18th man on the weekend. 1 injury away in the forward pack. He shouldn't be 18th man with us, and will not be replacing any middles, just the edges. So at best, a sideways career move, just to a better side. Then again, this could be one of the rare times that the compassionate grounds release is real.

He's 28 or something isn't he? Any move is going to be sideways when you are a fringe first grader and yes, if there are compassionate grounds, it makes sense. And hey if not, why not take a punt and go to probably the biggest contender in the league with no depth in your position? You are one injury away from potentially being in a premiership side.

He's 28 or something isn't he? Any move is going to be sideways when you are a fringe first grader and yes, if there are compassionate grounds, it makes sense. And hey if not, why not take a punt and go to probably the biggest contender in the league with no depth in your position? You are one injury away from potentially being in a premiership side.
Only have to look at Jensen and what he's become since moving here from the Cowboys.
You could probably say he was in a similar position at the Cowboys

I anticipate he is here to plug the gap in the second row in case of injury suspension. All he needs to do is make his tackles, take his runs and decoys.

As long as he can catch a ball when the line is open, it is an upgrade.

His mother is sick and he's moving down here to be closer to her.

We need another backrower as depth, he needed a new club.

I'm really stoked for Billy. wouldn't have cost us much either.

He is literally the most improved player in the NRL. Imagine what would have happened if some coach decided to turn him into a hooker much earlier

Screenshot 20240429 121106

See the Roosters have now lost Keary for 2025. They are going to have an gigantic war-chest to rape and pillage the NRL. The amount rooster dollars now available will have a "new nrl team" impact on the league. Get ready to see some of our blokes in a Roosters jersey!

What are they looking for?

Fullback: Sailor? Cobbo?
Centre: Staggs
Winger: Leota? Oates?
Half: No idea but they aren’t getting one from us - who is available for them to poach? Schneider? One of the 8000 the Tigers have?
Prop: Willison? Surely they chase Utoikamanu, he’s a bigger name so more their MO.

He is literally the most improved player in the NRL. Imagine what would have happened if some coach decided to turn him into a hooker much earlier
Also, kudos to Billy for listening to KW that it was necessary to change his position and then to apply himself so diligently to the new position.

Others unfortunately have not adopted the same approach (cough Hoffman, Isaako).

Played hooker for Easts and Wests Tigers.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • Battler
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.