Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

As far as rumours that were floating around

Sailor shopped to SL?
Jensen to Storm maybe.
Madden was meant to extend.
Sharks after Piakura.

See what happens, I think we keep promoting from within as far as development goes. Pick up a few missing ingredients and go from there.

I'd pick up another winger, we need meter eaters. Leota will give us what we want but he'll take time. Panthers blueprint for wingers, big meters that give the middles time. They don't have to be nuggets, just make the meters. JP should have a crack at SL.

Personally I'd be rather annoyed if Piakura nicks off to somewhere else for a payday, we paid up for him, he's had plenty of time on the sideline with injury and given time to develop.

We persisted and are just starting to see a glimpse of what he has to offer and a bit of return on the investment.

He owes us IMO.

Man I hope Lam is going to us, it is for 2025 season. Could it be the reason for reluctance in extending Reynolds? Lam would fit our team perfectly and is it the age halfbacks start to hit their prime. He’s been super impressive in the ESL and was more than decent before he left and the Roosters screwed him over.

Then we could give teams the ol’ Lam a Mam

Man I hope Lam is going to us, it is for 2025 season. Could it be the reason for reluctance in extending Reynolds? Lam would fit our team perfectly and is it the age halfbacks start to hit their prime. He’s been super impressive in the ESL and was more than decent before he left and the Roosters screwed him over.
Look I like Lam but **** me can we stop pussy footing around and acting like Reynolds sucks. Big fucken whoop he choked on a fatter **** than @BrentTatesChin is about to. Nothing at all this season has suggested Reynolds will retire at the end of next season, sure take the precaution by not re-signing him yet until after pre-season by all means but lets be fucken real Lachlan Lam ain't better than a fit Reynolds, Lachlan Lam doesn't deserve to kiss the mans fucken shoes let alone kick him out of his spot for anything other than injuries which have not happened yet, that hopefully and likely wont happen. I'd be fine with Lam after Reyno but under no circumstances are we cutting Reynolds time short unnecessarily for Lachlan fucking Lam.

As far as rumours that were floating around

Sailor shopped to SL?
Jensen to Storm maybe.
Madden was meant to extend.
Sharks after Piakura.

See what happens, I think we keep promoting from within as far as development goes. Pick up a few missing ingredients and go from there.

I'd pick up another winger, we need meter eaters. Leota will give us what we want but he'll take time. Panthers blueprint for wingers, big meters that give the middles time. They don't have to be nuggets, just make the meters. JP should have a crack at SL.
Surely we dont let Jensen go... he was in and around the squad all year and will know he's next inline with 2 props moving on

Its only just really starting to sink in now, but I'm getting a bit worried about next year. Late year and even into finals I wasn't. I wasn't too upset about Herbie and Flegs going, given Herbie's issues with passing (and hence bombing trys) and Flegs being a penalty and error magnet. However, both have been immense in the back end of the year and finals. I think we will really really miss Herbie and I hope Mariner will step up and fill to void.

Palasia is a weird one. Never really rated him and didn't care he was leaving, but he has been incredible off the bench back end of the year.

I feel we are one good prop short next year. Baker should be good, and whist Jensen was great early season, I think we still need a rep level prop to partner Hass up front.

As to Reynolds, I dont begrudge his poor game, and he probably should have come off after the groin injury. I do wonder whether next year will be his last year, I was thinking that during the season anyway. We seriously need to start thinking about the future be it 2025 or 2026.

too early but this coby black kid looks pretty promising, is he 18 yet or is that next year? If Arey can hang on another two years could this kid be ready? The way Walsh and mam are going I’m not sure how we afford to go to market for a half. Building within seems the best option.

Look I like Lam but **** me can we stop pussy footing around and acting like Reynolds sucks. Big fucken whoop he choked on a fatter **** than @BrentTatesChin is about to. Nothing at all this season has suggested Reynolds will retire at the end of next season, sure take the precaution by not re-signing him yet until after pre-season by all means but lets be fucken real Lachlan Lam ain't better than a fit Reynolds, Lachlan Lam doesn't deserve to kiss the mans fucken shoes let alone kick him out of his spot for anything other than injuries which have not happened yet, that hopefully and likely wont happen. I'd be fine with Lam after Reyno but under no circumstances are we cutting Reynolds time short unnecessarily for Lachlan fucking Lam.

And if Reyno falls off a cliff next season? It is smart to wait and and it is smart to take the opportunity when it comes up. There are very few gun 7s around and Lam is one of them. Is he as good as peak Reyno? No not yet but how long is peak Reyno going to be around for? It is a risk I believe we need to take if it even is an option.

And let's not pretend I'm pulling this from nowhere, I've been pushing for Lam for some time as my preferred option.

And if Reyno falls off a cliff next season? It is smart to wait and and it is smart to take the opportunity when it comes up. There are very few gun 7s around and Lam is one of them. Is he as good as peak Reyno? No not yet but how long is peak Reyno going to be around for? It is a risk I believe we need to take if it even is an option.

And let's not pretend I'm pulling this from nowhere, I've been pushing for Lam for some time as my preferred option.
Why did the roosters flick him off?

Yes but you are pushing it for 25'. No fucking way. NO FUCKING WAY. Lam doesn't do any better than what Reyno did on Sunday and that would be his peak. He is playing fucken super league for **** sakes its notorious for asshole defences and halves looking like superstars. Brodie Croft is a better half in the super league than Lam just saying. Is that the level we seriously want at this club right now. I dare say its more difficult for halves to excel in qld and NSW cup. Sure we don't need a superstar and I don't expect us to go get one but it would take another 4 years for Reyno to regress to that quality without injuries playing its part. At the minute injuries have not hindered him enough for this to even be a conversation.

Far too many doomsday lovers on this forum I tell ya. The lot of you who take these kind of takes seriously need to get a fucken grip. WE PLAYED LIKE SHIT ON SUNDAY, doesn't mean the joint needs to be blown up. Especially when playing like shit took an all-time grand final performance to beat us. Embarassing that we are even standing here talking about this when there are clubs in the NRL that would take Reynolds till he is 40 or even in a wheelchair for **** sakes. Look where we were 2 years ago and please tell me in what fucking world is this team not better with Reynolds in it then without. No matter how far he regresses his footy mind alone is worth more than anything Lam can bring to the table and thats coming from someone who isn't all that far behind you on the Lachlan Lam hype train. At the minute his body holds up for the majority of the season, he performs at the level of a top Halfback so this conversation is pointless, disrespectful and ridiculous for 25'.

Fucken get stuck into the ****

I think we will really really miss Herbie and I hope Mariner will step up and fill to void.
I'm not sure if it will be about needing Mariner to be a Herbie 2.0... it might be more about what does Mariner bring to the table and how does that best fit into the team.

Penrith have a system where their wingers take 20 hitups... Turuva comes in and basically looks like a Taylan May clone, who was a To'o clone, who was Mansour clone... Staines wasnt and he's been shipped out... Jenkins isnt and seems like he's being shipped out as well.

At the Broncos Arthars doesnt take 20 hitups, like Oates or Herbie do, but he still has a place in the team. Seems like Kevvie looks at his pieces and finds out how their best attributes can be worked into the team.

I've noticed that when Oates isnt in the team Staggs usually bumps up his workrate. The team realise player x isnt there and the workload needs to be shared.

I suspect his workrate will bump up next year to compensate the loss of Herbie, but I think across the back 5 they'll all step up to replace Herbie, becoming better balanced.

I think it will be interesting to see how the team evolves next year.

Cobbo, Mariner and Arthars could bring new dynamics to the team's attack if they're moved around like we think they will be.. replacing Flegler could bring a new dynamic through Willison (who has picked up tries in his short stints in first grade this year).

The changes could reinvigorate the team after the massive loss they just had... that could be a good thing instead of trying to climb the mountain again with the status quo.

With Reyno's career winding down I'm hoping that Kevvie has Maam taking a few more of the end of set kicks next year with an eye to life after Reyno retires whether it be at the end of 2024 or 2025. The only way to become accustomed to kicking in the NRL is to do some real game time kicking.

too early but this coby black kid looks pretty promising, is he 18 yet or is that next year? If Arey can hang on another two years could this kid be ready? The way Walsh and mam are going I’m not sure how we afford to go to market for a half. Building within seems the best option.

Year 12.

I’ve been somewhat disappointed this season- three big games, MM finals, Alf finals and City v Country and I thought they were his three worst games.

He kicked well for City and tackled well but in a tight game he just didn’t take the challenge on at all.

Was happy to be just kicking.

Year 12.

I’ve been somewhat disappointed this season- three big games, MM finals, Alf finals and City v Country and I thought they were his three worst games.

He kicked well for City and tackled well but in a tight game he just didn’t take the challenge on at all.

Was happy to be just kicking.
Look definitely not ideal at that level but really that could very well be the exact role we need him to play if the live wires remain live wires. I guess I would rather him nailing those areas than nailing other areas and going missing in these areas.

I haven’t really gotten a great look at Black at all to be fair are we rating his kicking as anything better than the average schoolboy walking into an nrl system at his sort of reputation level or is that where he really excels?

If Reynolds regresses, we go down with the Reynolds ship. He IS The Broncos right now. However, even if he goes back a bit physically, he still has the brains. The vision to steer the team around like Locky in his last year or two.

Reyno played great against NZ. Don't write him off yet when he was off against the best team of the modern era.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Tim K
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Ras
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.