Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Cowboys are looking to move on Jason Taumalolo and he could be a very handy pick up if Cowboys agree to take up half his contract. We would need to drop a player and Capewell would need to go. But we have Riki and Piakura already to go and could pick up Jason, off the bench or lock.

Gus has his ugly mug in the trough

Sort of put on hold when AFB said he wanted out of the Warriors. Could be back on, now AFB is staying for another year.

Taumalolo has regressed badly in the past couple of years. The work load he has done in the past 6-7 years is finally catching up to him. Happens with a lot of forwards who are used to playing massive minutes with massive stats. Its why I am glad the broncos finally started to cap Haas and his minutes this year because its not sustainable in a long career to pump out 20 hitups a game, play 80 minutes every week and make 30 tackles. Players that have suffered severely in this are guys like Aaron Woods and Shaun Fensom. Sure Haas is a freak but he needs load management so we dont break him. I dont know how many more years Taumalolo has left in him and whilst that deal looked like a steal back then, its starting to become a bit more of a headache especially with the way the game is getting consistently sped up through the ruck.

Lol Ash Taylor. I remember how he was meant to be the next big thing.
Feel a bit sorry for Ash. If it wasn't for how badly his hips deteriorated with his osteoarthritis I think he would have lived up to his potential.

Feel a bit sorry for Ash. If it wasn't for how badly his hips deteriorated with his osteoarthritis I think he would have lived up to his potential.
He chased the money and got spit up in the Titans miserable system. It should be a lesson to all play makers, the money sometimes may not be worth it at a young age due to the ability for you to be out of the league quick smart

He chased the money and got spit up in the Titans miserable system. It should be a lesson to all play makers, the money sometimes may not be worth it at a young age due to the ability for you to be out of the league quick smart

I dont think he really did chase the money. I know him reasonably well, and he basically got made an offer he would have been crazy to turn down. Considering the mistakes he made he's still set himself up really well and he and his family wont struggle financially. All things considered thats a win i'm sure everyone would take. Sometimes when there are good offers on the table, you dont really have much of an option but to take them.

Taumalolo has regressed badly in the past couple of years. The work load he has done in the past 6-7 years is finally catching up to him.
Jason did say after he signed his contract he didn’t know if he could keep up the level he was currently playing at for ten years.
Understandable.

I dont think he really did chase the money. I know him reasonably well, and he basically got made an offer he would have been crazy to turn down. Considering the mistakes he made he's still set himself up really well and he and his family wont struggle financially. All things considered thats a win i'm sure everyone would take. Sometimes when there are good offers on the table, you dont really have much of an option but to take them.
Perhaps he may have been better off not mixing with Jared Hayne. Bad influence for the young bloke.

If his hips really did derail his career then it was the perfect example of why taking as much money as you can while you can is the smart move. Imagine he stayed at the broncos for half as much or less.

If his hips really did derail his career then it was the perfect example of why taking as much money as you can while you can is the smart move. Imagine he stayed at the broncos for half as much or less.

He has osteoarthritis in his hips. It got pretty bad towards the end, dont think he had a lot of cartilage left in there.

Maybe it's just different people attaching different meanings to the same sentence.
In my mind, if you have 2 offers on the table 1 to stay with the current club who is more successful, proven record of helping players gain rep honours, but is for less money - and the other offer is from a less successful club, with no track record of improving players, not at all likely to outperform the first club, but is for more money, if you take option 2 that is the very definition of chasing the money. Choosing option 1 would be chasing a premiership. I don't think either 1 is right or wrong universally, it is an individual thing and down to your personal situation and priorities.

Jason did say after he signed his contract he didn’t know if he could keep up the level he was currently playing at for ten years.
Understandable.
Maybe if we bring him to our side and he won't have to completely carry the side the entire game anymore.

Maybe if we bring him to our side and he won't have to completely carry the side the entire game anymore.
Nah. There is no way it could work. The only value to us he could be would be if The Cows covered so much of his salary that he was basically minimum wage, and why would they do that?

We have 2 of the best players in the game to re-sign as well as guys like Riki and Piakura to keep, we don’t have salary cap space to go blowing it on a forward that is in decline to come off the bench.

Nah. There is no way it could work. The only value to us he could be would be if The Cows covered so much of his salary that he was basically minimum wage, and why would they do that?

We have 2 of the best players in the game to re-sign as well as guys like Riki and Piakura to keep, we don’t have salary cap space to go blowing it on a forward that is in decline to come off the bench.

Absolutely true but come on, a starting middle of Haas, JT2 and Carrigan would be pretty epic.

Marty Taupau says Hi .

he's a shit load cheaper than we'd have to pay for JT2.

in fact it would take the Cowgirls carrying about 850k of Taumololo's contract to get him for the same price as Taupau

in fact it would take the Cowgirls carrying about 850k of Taumololo's contract to get him for the same price as Taupau
tenor.gif

Maybe it's just different people attaching different meanings to the same sentence.
In my mind, if you have 2 offers on the table 1 to stay with the current club who is more successful, proven record of helping players gain rep honours, but is for less money - and the other offer is from a less successful club, with no track record of improving players, not at all likely to outperform the first club, but is for more money, if you take option 2 that is the very definition of chasing the money. Choosing option 1 would be chasing a premiership. I don't think either 1 is right or wrong universally, it is an individual thing and down to your personal situation and priorities.
I just don’t think he chased it. He certainly took it and stayed at the titans when they offered it to him. If we offered him more than the titans for example he would have come here though. Money talks.

We would need to get cowgirls to take up half and not re-sign Capewell as well. I personally think it would be worth it, JT2 can come back strong with our squad around him.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • The True King
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.