Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

I wouldn't pay the 500k either, but he always looks like he has something about him when I see him play. I think @1910 Mentioned that the storm have been trying to convert him to play in the centres and it's not working for him ( could be wrong on that though )
That hasn't been the case for 18 months.

They tried to go down the Joel Thompson route but injuries and form hampered him and he just didn't have the strike for that position.

It's his lack of tries that has really surprised me. 38 games for 5 tries, watching him come through the grades I was expecting him to have the same trajectory as Crichton, especially under Bellamy. It just hasn't happened.

I'd take Howarth if the Storm are willing to let him go and he fits into our pay structure. Only 22 i think, still got a lot of potential.
Overrated as ****, Storm fucked him when they tried to turn him into a centre. He built a large amount of his reputation in rugby union. Dont get me wrong he was still Aus schoolboys second rower in league but he was a freak (one of the best schoolboys you will ever see) union player. Personally in my opinion his style of football doesn’t suit any position in league perfectly and that’s his problem. He fits outside centre in union to a T and if I’m him I’m running back to Union quicker than I can say bust. Klese is miles ahead in both ability and reliability at this point in time for half the price. Would be way more beneficial a signing for us.

I almost forgot this flog existed.
Woah what am I forgetting about Thommo?

Thought he was always a good Rugby League success story. Had a difficult upbringing and was a youth offender before cleaning up his act when he became a professional.

My only gripe is that I most likely had him down for 20 Origins and 30 Tests and he never quite got there.

Thought he was always a good Rugby League success story. Had a difficult upbringing and was a youth offender before cleaning up his act when he became a professional.

My only gripe is that I most likely had him down for 20 Origins and 30 Tests and he never quite got there.

From my vague recollection, he used to grub it up a bit - but perhaps I am confusing him with someone else. Maybe another Raiders player...

he was going good at Dragons(when Widdop was on a huge run back in the day) but lost the plot when he went to manly from my little memory of the guy.

he was going good at Dragons(when Widdop was on a huge run back in the day) but lost the plot when he went to manly from my little memory of the guy.
I wonder what gave you that impression? Maybe it's because the Dragons enjoyed their best season right after he left, whereas Manly went backwards.

I thought Thompson was the least of their problems. If you can recall, this was where they wanted to run with a Hastings/Cherry-Evans halves combination, but they didn't get along so they were stuck rotating Lachlan Croker, Dylan Walker, Trent Hodkinson and Tom Wright in the role. As a result their attack was really inconsistent and their defence especially out-wide left a lot to be desired.

It's what you'd expect when you have Akuila Uate, Brian Kelly, Moses Suli and rookie Brad Parker mixing it up.

I wonder what gave you that impression? Maybe it's because the Dragons enjoyed their best season right after he left, whereas Manly went backwards.

I thought Thompson was the least of their problems. If you can recall, this was where they wanted to run with a Hastings/Cherry-Evans halves combination, but they didn't get along so they were stuck rotating Lachlan Croker, Dylan Walker, Trent Hodkinson and Tom Wright in the role. As a result their attack was really inconsistent and their defence especially out-wide left a lot to be desired.

It's what you'd expect when you have Akuila Uate, Brian Kelly, Moses Suli and rookie Brad Parker mixing it up.
I just remember Thompson being on a tear at dragons then not really hearing about him once he moved to Manly basically.

I just remember Thompson being on a tear at dragons then not really hearing about him once he moved to Manly basically.
It probably helps that they were the 2014 and 2017 March premiers. He had a really strong start to his 2017 season, and that may have been his best season in the NRL, but it wasn't a massive drop off.

The comparison for me would be Anthony Watmough to Parramatta or Glenn Stewart to South Sydney.

It probably helps that they were the 2014 and 2017 March premiers. He had a really strong start to his 2017 season, and that may have been his best season in the NRL, but it wasn't a massive drop off.

The comparison for me would be Anthony Watmough to Parramatta or Glenn Stewart to South Sydney.
something like that, it was in those seasons where dragons started fast and hard then dropped off.

Anyone know what this is about?

He and Keenan Palasia are house mates so Keenan is in his ear about the Titans.
It’s not even that. It’s that him and Keenan are house mates so Keenan might be in his ear. What’s Keenan supposed to say nah I hate the **** and we wouldn’t want him? Doesn’t mean he is leaving. Just a bullshit story from Pete on a slow news day.

Anyone know what this is about?
View attachment 26540
He's signed until the end of 2025, so can't sign a deal with anyone else until November... he's also got a clear path to first grade at the broncos with us needing 2x hookers for every game and only having Billy, Smoothy and Paix to contend with.

Titans also have Oskar Bryant who's the same age as Mozer and just as highly rated... although never seems to get spoken about... and his path to first grade is slightly blocked by them having youngish prospects in Verrills and Randall.

Doesn't Palasia live with Patty or someone else as well?? There's a ton of broncos that live in GC

Seems a pretty nothing story, but maybe just his manager trying to create some hype and looking for renegotiations

He's signed until the end of 2025, so can't sign a deal with anyone else until November... he's also got a clear path to first grade at the broncos with us needing 2x hookers for every game and only having Billy, Smoothy and Paix to contend with.

Titans also have Oskar Bryant who's the same age as Mozer and just as highly rated... although never seems to get spoken about... and his path to first grade is slightly blocked by them having youngish prospects in Verrills and Randall.

Doesn't Palasia live with Patty or someone else as well?? There's a ton of broncos that live in GC

Seems a pretty nothing story, but maybe just his manager trying to create some hype and looking for renegotiations.

My favourite Meninga combination; they just fit together. Probably with Mozer and Gray too my other favourite.

I would love to see Bryant and Mozer together again but I highly doubt it. Mozer being a coast kid will always be a threat to go home or stay home really.

Keenan is an interesting part of the puzzle. They love each other.

I said in 2021 I thought the Titans spine by now would be Weaver, Sexton and Bryant with Kini or Campbell, but it hasn't even looked like happening. Bryant is off contract end of this year and still on a development contract but he's playing good football in Cup and he's high energy he could play NRL this year.

Keenan is an interesting part of the puzzle. They love each other.
Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Jokes aside, we will beat them Titans twice this year. Maybe, get Mozer into our 17 when we smack them left, right & center @C-Bus stadium.

Isn't Mozer a Broncs fan? If we are competitive with anyone else, which we will be, I can't see him leaving. Plus, he isn't available to other clubs for another 8 months anyway, this is all just clickbait.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • Strop
  • Spoon
  • Manofoneway
  • marw
  • Lazza
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.