Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

You can only beat what is put in front of you .
Reece wouldn`t have played for Qld last year if Kaylin was fit and on it goes ...

Walsh would be 2nd picked for the fullback position, arguably first, now. He's proven himself as one of the very elite. I wish I could sit here and tell you Staggs nailed down his position in his Origin games but he didn't.

Screenshot 20240415 155036

The Staggs articles are in full swing now.

View attachment 27235

The Staggs articles are in full swing now.
Yep. Saw this and a few other articles earlier this morning.

Until Kotoni is officially sorted .. all we are going to be hearing is Staggs Roosters Staggs Roosters, and so on. And when they get bored with that, it's going to be Cobbo Roosters Cobbo Roosters etc.

The media throwing around their narrative again, and hoping some of it sticks. 🥱

I'd be prioritising Willison anyday of the week over Staggs. We can't replace Willison now as a rookie, imagine him with 2 more years under his belt. Props of Willison's potential are just not coming through the grades right now.

We have Mariner signed up long term who can easily slot into Staggs' spot and could even be an improvement with his speed (although Staggs' defence and workrate has been elite this year). The rorters will likely get Staggs on yuge money and then laugh it off when they get Manu back on 500k (on the cap) after his holiday in France.

EDIT: They'll also likely get Sualii back the second his ARU contract is over. Will be interesting to see how they justify Sualii taking a massive paycut if that happens

if he wants a upgrade on 800k

View attachment 27236
I thought he was on 650k, that is what all the reports said when he signed it, unless it went up with the cap.

650k is a bargin in the current market, 750 to 800k is about what a player of Staggs quality would get at other teams at minimum, that said with Walsh in the team creating all the chances for our outside backs I think we only need one highly paid centre in our team, and for me I would rather that be Cobbo.

Media running 24/7 Staggs articles .. heaps of clicks for them .. and if they can destabilise the Broncos in whatever way they can in the process .. well two for the price of one. Win win for them.

The lack of integrity here is staggering.

I thought he was on 650k, that is what all the reports said when he signed it, unless it went up with the cap.

650k is a bargin in the current market, 750 to 800k is about what a player of Staggs quality would get at other teams at minimum, that said with Walsh in the team creating all the chances for our outside backs I think we only need one highly paid centre in our team, and for me I would rather that be Cobbo.
Staggs is on a deal worth a reported $800,000 a season, while Cobbo’s contract is around $700,000 a season.

using fox numbers

Staggs is on a deal worth a reported $800,000 a season, while Cobbo’s contract is around $700,000 a season.

using fox numbers
If they are the figures they are currently on then we really shouldn't have much trouble re signing them.

As I mentioned previously...by including two teams under their own salary cap pressure.

including one who is apparently going to offer Cobbo $1 million a season ...

we can't afford both Cobbo and Staggs, but the Roosters can, lol

using fox numbers
Nah ... when he signed he was chasing $800k but no one in Sydney was willing.. pretty sure he signed for like $650k, which was seriously good money for a centre back then... it was like a 4yr deal back in 2021

Nah ... when he signed he was chasing $800k but no one in Sydney was willing.. pretty sure he signed for like $650k, which was seriously good money for a centre back then... it was like a 4yr deal back in 2021

I actually thought is was 750k ... but let's split the difference and go with Zero Tackle's 700k a year. I'd be happy if we keep him for that. it would be the equivalent of 500k under the old cap (when he signed his last contract)

Walsh would be 2nd picked for the fullback position, arguably first, now. He's proven himself as one of the very elite. I wish I could sit here and tell you Staggs nailed down his position in his Origin games but he didn't.

I think he is an improved player from the guy who played for NSW .
Like I said he has upped his involvement and is a more rounded player .
16 runs per game the last 2 games . I rate Selwyn in front of him as a centre already . But I`m a Selwyn fan boy . Just a few class touches to set up the winger stood out compared to Staggs power over finesse style .

That's what the media is saying.

But former Broncos captain Corey Parker disagrees:

That’s the confirmation. We’re keeping them both.

Side note: don’t fathom it that he has turned out to be an idiot & moron post retirement but sadly, it’s a fact.

I actually thought is was 750k ... but let's split the difference and go with Zero Tackle's 700k a year. I'd be happy if we keep him for that. it would be the equivalent of 500k under the old cap (when he signed his last contract)
If we could keep him on 700k it would be worth it, after that I think it would hurt other parts of our team too much and would rather lose him, Cobbo though for me is worth 800k-850k if he is gone, to us.

As much as I think Mariner is a good player I don't think he will be as good as Staggs at any point, but he does have way more speed, and with Walsh in the team he would be a fine replacement in his spot.

Mariner is a 500k player for me at Centre assuming he gets better than what he is at now overtime.

Those numbers are likely the average over the length if the contract there is every chance that with the salary cap increase between then and now that 800k for the final year is on the money

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • lynx000
  • mieko
  • Porthoz
  • Manofoneway
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.